View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #33
pblackmore0307
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): '98 Ninja 250

I had this problem this past summer on a 98' I had noticed my lock getting tricky to open, but i assumed it was because my key was pretty worn and the age of he bike, but it worked so i just saw it as a characteristic of the bike. Well I was on my way home from school for the summer (750 mi ride) and my bike kept dying on the interstate like it was running out of gas. long story short, got a lift home, assumed it was carbs, rebuilt carbs, jetted and did pods, The carbs looked super clean but i did it anyway. Fired up and rode 30 miles and it died again... Got a hair up my ass from hearing people talk about vapor lock and give taking apart the gas cap a shot and this is what found. This is only a fraction of what didn't fall out when i took it a part. there was double that amount on my lap. It was so corroded that the breather in the cap had be blocked and a vacuum would build in my tank starving the carbs of fuel.

TLDR: If your gas cap is sticky and think you have carb/fuel problems LOOK AT YOUR GAS CAP

pblackmore0307 is offline   Reply With Quote