View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #1
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

2008 and 2009 blue - Seat cowl issues

In December when I was shopping on ebay for a rear seat cowl, every auction was titled "Kawasaki Ninja 250R Rear Seat Cowl 08 09." We all know the '08 candy plasma blue is different from the '09 candy thunder blue, so I sent the guy a message asking which color this auction was for. He replied something like: "Everyone that has bought from me hasnt indicated that there is actually a difference between the two blues, but this action if for candy thunder blue."

Well, thats the color I wanted so I bought it as a Christmas gift to myself on Dec. 25th or 26th. I received it in early Jan and the color looked right to me, but I wasnt actually going to be able to compare them until a few weeks later.

Last Friday, I picked up my bike from its wonderful winter storage place in noche_caliente's garage and came home to check. It's the wrong color! Its pretty noticeable in person (although in the pictures I have attached it doesnt seem that way).

Now, is there anything I can do about this? Ebay customer service? Any requirement of the seller to replace it with the right color? I still have the ebay message that I sent him, and his reply to me telling the color. But theres a catch... while moving back down here and unpacking my car I stupidly dropped in on the pavement causing a slight slight paint chip that you have to look for to see. I dont think I'll be able to return a damaged item, correct?

Another option: About how much would it cost to color match at a local body shop? noche_caliente, do you know of any around the area?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1067.jpg (176.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1071.jpg (143.0 KB, 56 views)
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote