View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #8
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

I was able to go for a ride after work today. All I have to say is the Sidi Way Tepor Boots feel like they were molded to my feet. I couldn't believe how easily the shift lever was moving. It must be from the thicker (than my other boots) section over the toe area, specifically meant for shifting. I was able to get more of the balls of my feet on the pegs, which made me sit farther back in the saddle. So much so, that I actually felt the front of the passenger seat pressing against my butt. There was a good 3" between the gas tank and my crotch.

Kelly was definitely correct when he told me many of the Sidi boots are pretty narrow. These are at least a B width, where the Oxtar ones I initially received are probably a D width or wider. The Oxtar Euro sizing was incorrect as it listed a Eur 43 and USA 10....not! It is really a USA 9.5.

Lastly, the Sidi has a really firm shin pad and ankle armor for both sides of the ankles. Both the Sidi and the Oxtar can be worn around the office without sounding like work boots on a tile floor!