View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #25
forbitel
ninjette.org member

Name: telecom

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
I would also consider getting a pressure rated fuel filter (regular off the shelf automotive type from a discount store) to add right after the fuel pump. This is a serious ommision to this kit because the main thing that needs filtering out is the metal filings that are normal break in and wear from an electric fuel pump. Having the only filter in the system located before the pump isn't right at all.
I agree the main reason of having a fuel filter is to avoid the the injectors to get clogged with dirt, so it would make sense to have the filter right before the injectors. However I have seen many system that have the filter before the pump.

filter before the pump:

Pressurized filter after the pump:

I will keep looking for more information, but If it is better to have a filter after the pump, I will start looking for a pressure rated filter then. Now the question is, if we use a filter after the pump, where do we put the pressure regulator, I bet the filter will produce some pressure drop so should we put the regulator after the filter? What do you think? Well actually the last figure kinda answer the question, it looks like the regulator is after the filter.
forbitel is offline   Reply With Quote