View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #2
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R Fuel Injected Model 2009

If your Mom is that insecure about you getting a bike if she ever finds out (and mums always do) then she's not likely to be secure about anything else you promised her, so I think it would do more harm than good for your relationship. Of course she also lied, maybe you both do that from time to time, but you both need to grow up and realize that's probably why you can't have a proper discussion about it(who cares what a liar says).

I think you should find a solution that does not involve lies. Maybe move out (she'll probably be insecure about that also, but your 18), tell her your getting the bike eventually, but get your safety gear first spread it out, start with the helmet, gloves, etc. Make sure she knows about this so she sees you are being responsible. She might not believe what you tell her so if she can experience it all the better and she also has some time to get used to the idea of you on a bike.

Maybe tell her you actually appreciate the fact she is looking out for you, some kids are not so lucky, but this is something you intend to do eventually, but at least your going to do it in the safest way possible.

Maybe the fact your keen to hide from you Mom and say "its not really a lie" is exactly why she does not trust you when you say your doing it the right way. So if your not prepared to move out now, maybe you should work on creating some trust first. Even if that takes a couple of years, funny that it might take a year to sort out your trust issues but it would only take 6 years of lies for you to get the bike now

Almost nobodies Mom is going to encourage them to get on a motorbike, best you can aim for is reluctant acceptance in most cases.

Based on what you wrote and nothing else, i'd say you shes right to try hold you up, but shes just not going about it in the right way, and your not ready to be open and honest with her, so shes not likely going to trust whatever you "say" about safety.

Even if I'm totally wrong, I'd suggest you suck it up and live without a bike till you move out, 6 years of lies is pretty hard to undo.
karlosdajackal is offline   Reply With Quote