View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:54 AM   #22
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsfasterthanitis View Post
So if the two throttle tubes have the same OD at the cable do they have the same grip OD as well? basically will the stock ninjette grips work on the R6 throttle tube?
Yeah stock grips will work. I'm pretty sure all sport bike grips have the same OD (haven't seen different sizes). Good luck getting them off; your gonna need it unless you have an air compressor. Renthal grips are 15 bucks, well worth it to save you effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm View Post
Refer here for more info:

Bottom of page 5 through page 6

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...&postcount=200
Have you been able to install the 06+ R6 throttle tube successfully?

I got mine today and I am having some trouble getting the tube to return back to closed ( way to much friction). I'm thinking it is because the secondary throttle cable; the one thats there as a back up; is too long and it is somehow causing the tube to not return to the closed position. I can see marks on the inside of the housing where the throttle tube has been rubbing.

It spins freely without the cables installed/attached and there seems to be enough room so I'm pretty confident nothing will have to be cut away and should work once I get this fairing off to adjust this return cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
Im curious. For those who have the zip tie mod and tried this mod. Which one do you prefer? Smoother throttle response? amount from closed to WOT? etc...
I'll do the zip tie mod and let you know.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote