View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #30
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Took a couple days longer than expected because I had to do it twice as my first attempt at glueing the zip tie in place was not straight enough to fit in the housing.

Tonight I gave it another shot and glued it on perfect. The zip tie I used made it the exact same size as the 06+ r6 throttle at the bottom (couldn't tell the difference).

The zip tie mod reduced the turn the same amount as the 06+ R6( R6 better by 1 mm maybe; consider it zero) Theres not enough light outside to show the difference in a pic; if you can tell at all.

But even with the modifications made to my housing it still didn't work because the return throttle cable was kinking where the zip tie ends and things were not smooth at all compared with the R6 throttle tube. You have the file is flat where I circled otherwise it aint going to work with size of zip tie not to mention your cable will need replacing in a few weeks.

I used a piece 30mm/1.2 inchs long zip tie.
The zip tie size was 370mm *7.6mm; the biggest I could find. Turns out 7.6mm is the same width of the throttle tube.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote