View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #1
binlagin
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2005 CBR600RR

Cool DIY - Special Edition Vinyl

Hey Guys,

First off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Binlagin or Ben if you wanna use my real name . I am 23 year old web developer from Ottawa Canada and have just started to ride this season. I picked up my Ninja about 2 months ago and have been enthralled ever since.

I haven't posted here before but I have been a lurker for quite some time. I would like to thank Alex and crew for putting together a great site that allows us to share our passion of our little rocket. Now it is my turn to give back to the community that has helped me from the very beginning.

In this DIY I wanted to share the process I used to create my very own Special Edition vinyl stickers.

Before Pic:

After Pic:

Youtube Video: Coming Soon!

Stuff you'll need:

1) Aprox 12inch by 24inch piece of white vinyl (this should be enough for both sides including some screw up space)
2) Fresh exacto knife
3) Sharp scissors
4) Bristol Board (I used a cherios box)
5) Masking tape
6) Pencil
7) Ruler
8) PATIENTS

Steps
1) Cut the Bristol board into a shape that will cover the desired area to be covered by the vinyl.

2) Once you are happy with the shapes, trace both sides of the shapes on the back of the vinyl

3) Cut the vinyl with exact-o knife on a cutting surface
4) Apply vinyl very slowly and carefully ensuring you minimize the air bubbles by pulling the vinyl tight.

Good luck!
binlagin is offline   Reply With Quote