Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanster View Post
Items to be used:

1. Ex650/Ninja650/Er6 Rear Wheel which is 17 x 4.5
2. Rear rotor
3. Rear Sprocket and Hub with rubber dampers
4. Bearings ( I dont know what size and which is the easier method )
5. 250r caliper holder which is to be shaved to be thinner.

Questions:

1. What part/parts is needed to me machined?
2. Do we need to have a new spacers/bushings?
1. ex650r wheel. I used a 2006
2. Rear rotor of a 2006 ex650r wheel
3. sprocket, hub, and dampers for a 2006 ex650r wheel.
4.Just get some stock 2006 ex650r bearings and have a machinist put bushings in. (easy)
5. Caliper milling is only needed if you are NOT widening the swingarm. If the swing arm will be modified (widened) then the caliper fits just fine. I didn't need caliper milling so you will need to find that one out on your own.

I BOUGHT MY ENTIRE WHEEL ASSEMBLY ON EBAY FOR $155 SHIPPED. IT CAME WITH 1,2 AND 3 ABOVE. IT IS EASIER AND LESS EXPENSIVE.

to answer your questions
1. The things that need to be machined are the
A. bearings (unless you buy new ones)
B.the two "collars" from the 650r wheel. If you get a COMPLETE wheel assembly with tire, hub, rotor etc it will come with these. If not you need to order them OEM.

THE ONLY REASON THEY NEED MACHINED IS TO REDUCE INSIDE DIAMETER FROM 20 MM (stock on 650r) TO 17MM (stock on 250r). Tell him you need some bushings to reduce the inner diameter to match your axle. Just bring the axle along with the parts to him and tell him to fit the two.

2. what do you mean by spacers? are you talking about the inside of the wheel? If so the "spacers" are the "collars" i talked about above in B.

If you are widening the swing arm you will also need to get some washers for correct spacing. Anyone shoot me a PM and we can talk more about the washers I'm still doing trial and error on mine. You also need a new axle if you are widening the swingarm. More goes into that modification as well. PM me for that info.
drumm3r9 is offline   Reply With Quote