ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #1
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Cheap fold up rain pants

I'm looking for some of those plastic cheapo pants that fold into a little package that can be stored under my seat. On the days when I ride in jeans I'd like to have something I can throw on to keep my legs dry. I have seen emergency ponchos that fit this criteria but not pants.

Anyone have a source they could recommend. They can be disposable or limited use, but they must be inexpensive and able to fit under the passenger seat very easily. thanks
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Look for Stearns two-piece rainsuit.

They are very light and protective and last forever.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #3
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Hmmm. Under the seat? Can ANY pant fit there? I have Frogg Toggs and they are very light and affordable, but I doubt even they can fit under the seat. Maybe check 'em out?
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Perhaps he's looking for the clear plastic bag looking ones. Check the dollar stores?

Old April 17th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

I use pants from a Coleman camping rain suit, which costs about $10. May be too bulky to fit under a seat, but sturdy enough to last two seasons, so far.
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #6
toddblue68
ninjette.org member

Name: Toad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja

I bought a pair similar to these http://www.columbia.com/Men%E2%80%99...tml#detailsTab 7 years ago before heading out on a long ride where I knew it was raining. They work great over my riding pants, jeans whatever. I wear them as wind breaks when it's cold and when I commute to work to keep my pants clean. BassPro has similar ones for about $20. Get something that the ankles will tighten down to keep them out of the chain and not catch on the pegs when you go to put down a foot.

I wouldn't trust the material to live under a seat and not fall apart when you need it. I always check the weather, and pack them in a seat bag when I think the weather may turn inclement.
toddblue68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #7
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

^^I usually do check the forecast but I commute on my bike most times and I try to pack as light as I can since I generally carry my work clothes, computer and work with me. Usually just my topcase or maybe a backpack. Usually I ride in my AGV telluride pants but occasionally I rock jeans with bohn armor underneath and on those days I'd like to have an insurance plan under the seat. If rain is certain then I will usually drive. This is more for an insurance policy than intentionally riding in the rain.

I don't image I would use them more than 2 or 3 times per season.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote