ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Cam0
ninjette.org member

Name: Cam

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

My Ideal next mod!

TRON WHEEL LIGHTS!!!

See Here on Ebay

I know they are perfectly legal here is AUS as its just UV absorbing rim tape and LEDs mounted on the swing arm and front fender to 'feed' them light at night! Not sure about legality in other countries though.

At first I wasn't to keen on hearing that it was just rim tape (As rim tape just isn't my thing) but after seeing the picture's and video's I really want them!!!]

Video of the Aqua color

Just not sure with what will become of my ninja in the near future so I have some thinking to do, But I thought a lot of you guys would like these!.

Some reviews and more info at this Aussie forum for those keen! Tron Wheel thread!
Cam0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #3
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

None of those links direct to an aussie forum

Old April 19th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #4
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

Not for me, but to each his own. I didn't even like the green "M" stickers on mine, maybe I'm weird.
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

High visibility rim tape, I see no problem with it... obviously not for everyone but seems cool if thats what you want. Get it and post pics!
Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

I kinda really like these. Not sure how they'd look on the 250 or if they'd be legal in my state. May look into them.

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:24 PM   #7
kwykoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

The links are just taking me to the ebay listing. what's up with these? do they turn on and off? Is there a switch on the wheel, how do they get power, what if you park in a garage(no sun light to charge, assuming there is some solar powering), if you can't turn them on/off do they look cheesy in daylight because they are partially on?
kwykoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Cam0
ninjette.org member

Name: Cam

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

From my understanding you can add a switch. they will partially 'Glow' during the day but the picture I have seen they just stand out a bit more in the day than normal rim tape
Cam0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #9
Maielstrom
Ghost Rider

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

I'm going to be building a set of these fairly soon. I ordered the supplies last week. If all goes well and it works as well as my head thinks it will, all the supplies would have cost me ~$30. I'm planning to run the LEDs to an in-line fuse and switch, then have it mounted next to my green LED switch so I can turn the UVs on only at night (and have control over which set of lights are on or not). I got some tips from this forum post:

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...Buell-in-Texas...

The thread starter of this page utilized Lunasee's kit.

The only thing I need to look into further is where to mount the bracket on the back left side, trying to be as careful as I can near the chain. Other than that, I have locations for all the other brackets and have a decent idea of where I'm routing the wires.
Maielstrom is offline   Reply With Quote