ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Catskills ride 11.6

After seeing the route posted by Bleak a few weeks ago we're going to make that run. Weather in the area expected to be 40 and sunny.
Northern Jersey guys...NYC crew...c'mon guys, come on, these bikes love the cold air....leaving Long Island 7:30...meeting @ Sloatsburg area on thruway by 9. But, you MUST dress for this...it will get cold in the valleys.
Apprx 380 mile RT from Nassau county. Be back by sundown.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

If I was not riding to philly tomorrow I would have joined...let me know how it turns out tom...
Rollin.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #3
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

You guys are still riding in this weather? I put my bike away for the winter last weekend. Too freaking cold and the tires never heat up around these temperatures.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #4
eddiekay

Well...here's a lesson...make sure where you're planning to ride can be ridden...planned this beautiful twisty mountain ride west of bear mountain...1350 elev,,,twisty, valleys, hidden lakes...google earthed it out...it was a roller coaster ride...got there and found out it was a military training ground for west point...like 10,000 acres ( no exaggeration) and not marked on the map.
OK...running from LI to Easton PA via 287 and 78 and down 611 to New Hope Saturday.
Jersey boyz wanna meet up?

Old November 9th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #5
eddiekay

Didnt do catskills...wound up bear mtn and then got lost on east side hudson but it had to be 50 out...it was beautiful....
going easton pa via 287 and 78 then down 611 to new hope...saturday...wanna go

Old November 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #6
Bleak21
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninjette

Ah man sorry i didn't see this thread.

I had planned on putting my bike away this weekend and had it prepped last but the weather has been gorgeous these past days. We'll all have to plan soemthing for next spring!!!

I'm gonna get in the habit of checking the forums the night before/morning of a nice day.
Bleak21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #7
eddiekay

Did easton pa-port jervis (hawks nest) yesterday....bleak, ya missin' some rides...stopped in jerzee (my pal bought a cherry fz6 for $3k on the spot)
Prob do easton down 611 to new hope next week....wasn't cold, roads were empty, got lost in Pocono's.....it was a good day. Come next week

Old November 15th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Bleak21
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
Did easton pa-port jervis (hawks nest) yesterday....bleak, ya missin' some rides...stopped in jerzee (my pal bought a cherry fz6 for $3k on the spot)
Prob do easton down 611 to new hope next week....wasn't cold, roads were empty, got lost in Pocono's.....it was a good day. Come next week
WOW Nice price for an fz6!!!

AND Me2!!, I got lost in the poconos a few weeks ago coming down from hawk's nest and ended up over night in easton at a friend's college. OK eddiekay next weekend I'm definitely going if you are. Maybe we can meetup somewhere in Jersey.
Bleak21 is offline   Reply With Quote