ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #1
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Sidi Vortice score...

Just bought a pair of Sidi Vortice boots that were only used a few days on the streets on Ebay for less than $200.

The posting said that they were Vertigo Airs, but the photos were of Vortice Airs. I asked if the boots in the photos were the ones for sale - answer, "Yes."

I have been thinking about these boots for a couple of months and trolling ebay like a madman - effort finally pays out. I just hope there are no surprises, the low price has me worried, but the photos were clear and even showed the soles which looked new.

Anybody have these boots? Comments?
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #2
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Good looking boots but ebay can be a crap shoot.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #3
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

I know about that all too well....
The seller replied - said they were indeed the top of the line "Vortice".

I am so psyched about the purchase - just hope my bubble doesn't burst with disappointment. Should arrive sometime next week.

Old August 6th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #4
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Hopefully it works out great for you
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #5
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Can't wait for tomorrow's delivery -

Old August 11th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #6
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Great boots for a great price if they do turn out to be the real deal!! Enjoy them and post pictures!!
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #7
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Those are amazing boots. Ryan is dying over a pair and can't say enough good things about them.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #8
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

what size are they?
Great price.
Does the seller have an extra pairs?
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #9
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

They are size 43 - 9.5
The seller was selling them because they were too narrow for him.

These were the only pair - they were listed for 4 minutes before I asked a question, and a total of 34 minutes on ebay before I bought them. I have been drooling over these boots since I first tried them on over 6 months ago - was going to buy the Vertigo, but the protection on the Voritce made up my mind for me. I was going to sped the $475 before I scored these.

Old August 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #10
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Sweet.
Post some pics when you get them...

Old August 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #11
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

The picture I posted is a picture of the boots - they are the Sidi Voritce Air. Went for a ride within an hour of their delivery - the perforated leather made a difference in the extreme heat - 100+.

They were in perfect condition - even smelled brand new. The soles showed no signs of a single step - I put more wear on the soles in my one ride with a short walk to get water at the store. They did not have single mark on them - but of course I stepped too close the stone border around the yard and put a 1.5" (yes I measured) scratch on the back heel cup - half the scratch is on a replaceable part, and the second half is between the sole and heel cup.

So, the review:

The boots are definately top of the line in terms of construction and finish. The fact that they only come in Euro sizes means that the boot is almost the perfect size. My heel moves a little as I walk - I think an insole could solve that problem easily. The calf area is also a little loose, but I guess it would be perfect with a leather suit tucked in, since they are pure race boots. The fact that they are the "Air" version was a big plus being in Central Texas - I would have bought the non-perforated at the local shop, but riding around today made me think the "Air" were the right choice since winter is almost non-existant around here. I could actually feel the air on my foot, even with the vents closed. The opened vents did help to keep my feet cool even more - my socks were dry to my surprise.

The rubber soles are a little soft and will wear fast if you do alot of walking on concrete or ashphalt - I tried to walk on the balls of my feet since the center of the soles are replaceable, or on the grass.

The protection level is unmatched in any other boot I have tried on - this was the reason I did not get the Vertigo. When I tried on the Vortice after the Vertigo, I forgot all about the Vertigo. The external bracing will make me sleep better at night.

Even if I had to pay the retail price of $475, the money would have been well spent. Now, at least my ankles are protected.

Old August 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #12
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Man, I love these boots. They do take about 3-5 minutes to put on, but the protection is awesome.

Old August 17th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #13
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

can you replace the soles on these boots?
Lucky bastard....j/k

Old August 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #14
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
can you replace the soles on these boots?
Lucky bastard....j/k
The area that contacts the peg - ball of the foot area - is replaceable. So is just about every every external part.

I know exactly how lucky I am - I have been obsessing over these boots since I went to a local BMW shop to buy the Vertigo boots back in October. I just happened to see that they had my size in the Vortice, so I tried them on and fell in love. Just pulling them put of the box, I knew I was not going to buy the Vertigos.

I had been trolling ebay like a madman, but these never seem to be any cheaper than the retail price of $475. I bidded on a couple of used pairs that were heavily used - figured that parts are replaceable. However, most of the heels were heavily used, and these are not replaceable - glad I didn't win. Then one morning I do my daily ritual of looking on ebay, I saw these (they were missed labled). The heels were perfect in the photos, so I went ahead and made the "Buy It Now" purchase instead of bidding. The wait was unbearable - felt like Christmas when I was a kid.

I still smile when I look at them - the same smile I get looking at my bike. But I did not foresee my desire to keep them looking so nice. I thinking about getting the Vertigo as a daily use pair, but the protection level of the Vortice was the reason I wanted them.

Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:56 PM   #15
SES2009
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Haha I just saw your post after I posted about my Vortice boots! Man they sure are nice you got a great deal too!
SES2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM   #16
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

I was perfectly content to pay the full price, but when I saw these on ebay, it was a no brainer. The "Air" version really help in the heat of summer around here. You won't be disappointed with your choice.