ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Den
ninjette.org member

Name: Denis

Motorcycle(s): '10 250R(sold); '10 ER-6F

DIY: Installing Spy 5000m Alarm Remote Start

I've seen this system mentioned previously, but didn't see any guides on how to do it. After spending about 2 weeks on the internet and 8+ hours working on the bike, here are the results.

Summary of working components:
[] Unit brain, siren
[] Flashing indicators
[] Battery
[] Ignition
[] Infra-red sensor
[] LED blinker
[] Remote start (issue to be sorted)

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for any damage that may occur as a result of carrying out this diy. If you're in doubt what you're doing please seek professional advice.

I din't take any pictures of the alarm system before installing (no patience obviously), but here is an idea what it looks like (picture borrowed from elsewhere):

First of all, you will need to take off the following components:
SIDE PANELS
BOTH SEATS
REAR FAIRINGS
BATTERY COVER
BATTERY
BATTERY HOLDER

(Don't loose any of the screws and remember where each goes!)

The siren (behind the fuse box) and the brain unit (above the siren in the picture) are already installed in this picture.

Here is an other view with the battery removed. You may see there is a lot of wiring. The brain unit is navy blue and can be seen on the left hand-side of the siren.

Cables

The fixing of the cable may appear rather self explanatory by the connections. The cable lots are as follows:

Antenna - BLACK (thicker cable)
Grounding - BLACK (ends with a ring)
Siren - WHITE AND RED
Infrared - RED AND BLUE
LED blinker - RED AND BLACK

Main wiring (single colour wires)
2 x YELLOW
BROWN
PINK
GREY
BLUE
BLACK
RED

For now these all look pretty complicated, but once they end up in the right places it all becomes a lot easier.

I placed the antenna in the tail. Wiring was easy to follow alongside some existing wires.

Connect the RED wire to the positive (+) battery.
Connect the BLACK wire to the negative (-) battery.
Or attached the grounding cable to the frame, either should do the job.

Find two YELLOW cables, and connect them to indicator wirings, as in these pictures:

Right side: Plug one YELLOW cable together with GREY.
Left side: Plug one YELLOW cable together with GREEN.

I fed the LED cable alongside the fairings, and secured it in a small gap between the fairings next to the windscreen. I didn't fancy drilling holes in any panel, etc...

Now you can use basic alarm functions. You can arm/disarm the alarm, and indicators/LED will blink accordingly.

Next, the ignition needs to be wired up.

Get the fuse box and REMOVE "IG" FUSE out.

Into the place where the fuse was, on the back where the wiring goes into the fuse box, locate a thick brown cable, and connect PINK and BROWN wires from the alarm. Connect the GREY wire into the corresponding location.

This step is optional, but if you consider having a remote start, here is what should be done:

The BLUE wire needs to connect with the YELLOW/RED wire inside the start relay, right next to the main fuse:

I've tried, and it turns the engine, but doesn't start it.

As many of you may know, there is an anti-jacking security device fitted to our bikes, so it can't be 'hot wired'. Because of this the remote start won't work.

I will contact the company who sold me the alarm, as they know a way to bypass this security feature. If it works for me I shall update you all.

I hope it was any useful

Enjoy!

Last futzed with by Den; November 29th, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Den is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Nice work! Linked from the DIY sticky....

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #3
hackeron
ninjette.org member

Name: Roman

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r (2009)

Nice guide, I did something similar. Here is a brief review of it in action:

Link to original page on YouTube.

hackeron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Den
ninjette.org member

Greetings from Brighton!

Actually, THIS video has persuaded me to get THIS alarm.
Did you film it?

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #5
hackeron
ninjette.org member

Oh wait, deleting the post, didn't realise you are the author of the howto - thought you were interested in getting one

Ah, cool, glad my video helped you decide on the alarm. How are you liking it?

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Den
ninjette.org member

Yes, it was well informative, thank you... I've actually posted a comment, but it got flagged up as spam?! Weird youtube...

I just find the alarm not as sensitive :/ I can tilt the bike and the alarm won't go off You have to give it a kick to set it off...

How and where did you attach the IR sensor?

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #7
hackeron
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Yes, it was well informative, thank you... I've actually posted a comment, but it got flagged up as spam?! Weird youtube...

I just find the alarm not as sensitive :/ I can tilt the bike and the alarm won't go off You have to give it a kick to set it off...

How and where did you attach the IR sensor?
Silly youtube

Yeh, the alarm is only sensitive to shock, not to tilting. But if you kick the stand up, that sets off the alarm - also if you have the steering lock on, trying to turn the handle bars sets the alarm off.

Technically though you can roll and tilt the bike without setting the alarm off.

You did do the thing where you hold the lock button and then set the sensitivity to 5 chirps?

IR sensor? - you mean the microwave sensor? -- I put it under the rear seat so if I use the helmet lock for my helmet or leave a tailbag on the bike, someone fiddling with either will trip the microwave sensor.

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #8
Den
ninjette.org member

Yep, I got on sensitivity 5. But didn't see much difference to be honest.

I haven't been riding the bike for 2.5 weeks now - due to icy roads, obviously!
The bike's had its chain cleaned and lubricated, oil changed, air filter upgraded, and generally cleaned. Such a shame my battery went flat!
I can't wait for the weather to warm up

I'm missing riding it so much!!

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #9
hackeron
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yep, I got on sensitivity 5. But didn't see much difference to be honest.

I haven't been riding the bike for 2.5 weeks now - due to icy roads, obviously!
The bike's had its chain cleaned and lubricated, oil changed, air filter upgraded, and generally cleaned. Such a shame my battery went flat!
I can't wait for the weather to warm up

I'm missing riding it so much!!
Tell me about it! - and I just ordered a waterproof iphone case for the bike and some heated grips and it had to start snowing. Hopefully will go out for a ride tomorrow, seems all the ice is melted now

Need to clean/lube mine, still a while till the next oil change. What air filters did you upgrade to? - link?

The bike won't start after 2.5 weeks with the alarm on?

Old December 10th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Den
ninjette.org member

I did start it with a power pack for the oil change...

Yep, the battery went flat unfortunately. Installing the alarm, then playing with and not riding the bike took the toll on the battery...

My recent shopping list was this:
The oil: here <-- good value!
Oil filter: here
Air filter: here

Old December 15th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #11
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Nice DIY, now all we need is a DIY for the non FI bikes..

I don't think out carbed bikes have an anti theft system, and I didn't even know the FI model had one. You can always check the wiring diagrams and figure it how to plug it.

BTW: Are you concerned about the quality of this remote start? It seems to be one of the, if the the cheapest one out there.. any it does by several names.. Spy 5000M, Beret 5000M, Voyager 5000M, ect..
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #12
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Wow, that is definitely a rigorous process! Good job on it. I have the Gorilla 7017 Alarm with remote. It doesn't attach to the lights or anything, and obviously has much fewer features, and probably doesn't go as far. But it still reaches into my apartment and into my workplace to tell me of someone is touching, tilting, or hotwiring it. I bought it largely for both the cost and simple install (just need to connect to the battery and then locate all the sensors). I also have the shock alarm disabled, but it still chirps out there and beeps at me.

Good writeup!

Old December 16th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #13
Den
ninjette.org member

This mod is not specific to FI or Carbs - all should work just fine.
I worked off the diagram for US (carbs) version, and I have an FI bike...

Also, for the remote start...
I chose not to disclose how to 'hotwire' the bike for the remote start to bypass the anti-jacking device, as the bike thieves may find it interesting. Send me a PM and I can tell you how it's done. If you're a genuine member needing the info for genuine reasons - I will reply to your PM.

Old March 24th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #14
Den
ninjette.org member

Lately, I have been asked how to activate the remote start module on the bike.
I would like to remind you that by doing this (hot-wiring) your warranty is likely to be voided, and bike's security compromised.
I really would not recommend you activating that module.

Last futzed with by Den; May 3rd, 2011 at 08:24 AM.

Old March 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #15
rjanderson
ninjette.org newbie

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): YZF-R1 2011 Special Edition

Hello All and Hi Den,

My name is RJ and me loves bikes

Mate I know this is not a Yami's R1 forum, but I checked your tuto about installing the alarm and Id like to see if you can help me with one thing.
On the pics where you hook the PINK and GRAY I cannot see where they are.

Anyway.... this is my setup:

Alarm (Beret 5000m) <--> Bike (YZF-R1 2011)

RED Wire <--> Battery +
Black Wire <--> Battery -
Yellow Wires (2) <--> Direction Indicator Wires (Positive)
Pink Wire <--> Engine Cut Off Switch RED/Black Wire (BEFORE Relay Unit)
Gray Wire <--> Engine Cut Off Switch RED/Black Wire (TO Relay Unit)
Brown Wire <--> BROWN 12V able that comes from the Key to the Main Fuse Box 15A IG Fuse
Blue Wire <--> Disconnected (Even thou US R1's does not seem to have immobilizer I don't care for this feature so I didn't connect it)

PROBLEM:
12A IG Fuse Blows when:
Key is ON and press Disarm (unlock) remote function
Key is ON and Running and press the Anti robbery flammeout.

*If i start the bike electrics by the remote then it kills the bike with no problem but if Key is used for normal operation then I decide to Kill the engine on both mentioned ways it does, but also blows my fuse.

As far as I researched the Pink and Gray are supposed to GROUND when killing the engine, but the cable that comes from the Cut Off Switch to the Relay Unit is energised with 12V therefore the fuse blown is expected.

I appreciate any suggestion on what to try or ideas where else I could connect PINK and GRAY wires?
PS: don't forget to mention where you connect yours

Cheers mates,

RJ

SOLUTION:
----------------------------------------
I've found the solution for the R1 2011.

Grab a Multimeter to test wires.
Look for the "Lean Angle Sensor" on your bike "There are others engine kill but I chose this one".
Use the multimeter and find a wire on your Lean Angle Sensor with no more than 5V when Key is ON (On R6 and R1's should be a BLUE wire, not the BLUE with Black Stripe. Also the new R1's 2009-2011 has 4 wires there, older and R6's has 3 only). Splice that one with PINK from Alarm Brain and Gray to the Lean Angle Sensor". That will do the job of Killing the engine remotely.

I didn't connect the BLUE cable only, coz I don't really want or care for the remote start.

Hope that helps and tank you guys from this forum anyways.

cheers!!!

PS:: I have the Complete Yamaha R1's 2009-2011 Service and Electrical Diagram in PDF. In case someone needs it, send me an email Ill send it ovA.

Last futzed with by rjanderson; March 24th, 2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: FIXED!
rjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #16
treehero6
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Henry

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r ...red

Just bought one and it’s in the mail. I am new to bikes and have a stupid question.

If I do not setup the remote start, does that mean I won’t have a remote kill feature (engine cut off)?
treehero6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #17
rjanderson
ninjette.org newbie

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): YZF-R1 2011 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehero6 View Post
Just bought one and it’s in the mail. I am new to bikes and have a stupid question.

If I do not setup the remote start, does that mean I won’t have a remote kill feature (engine cut off)?
Hi mate,

That won't be a problem. As I've previously mentioned on my post I've installed everything on my R1 but the blue cable coz I don't want the remote start either.
The Engine Cut Off is provided by the PINK and GRAY cables.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

RJ
rjanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #18
Den
ninjette.org member

You have to take the IG fuse OUT, don't leave it in the fuse box slot. That might be causing the problem.

Old March 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #19
treehero6
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Henry

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r ...red

Hey Den I have the same question, while installing the pink/brown and gray wires, im not sure what you mean by corresponding.
  • If I understand you correctly, the thick brown wire will have the smaller pink and brown wires connected to it.
  • The gray wire will be connected to second wire from the left on the bottom row(of the pic)?

"Manual" is not at all helpful. Thank you for the write up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (90.2 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (73.6 KB, 92 views)
treehero6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:11 AM   #20
Hijakd
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Troy

Motorcycle(s): 250r

I have joined this forum to try to get this alarm working and ts giving me a headache! lol I am quite sure I have everything exactly as is outlined in these instruction.......only thing I want to check is where you say join pink and brown wires from alarm to thick brown on body.......I have basically cut the thick brown on body in half, joined all three at the same point(pink,brown,thick brown) and then the grey to the other side of the thick brown is that what you ment?
Hijakd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM   #21
Den
ninjette.org member

Sorry for a late reply, but here it is (see attachment).
The way I did it, I fed those wires through empty slots, and inside the fuse box. Took the IG fuse out, and pushed the wires into the corresponding slots where the fuse contacts used to go. This way you don't have to cut any wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (90.5 KB, 147 views)

Old June 21st, 2011, 06:43 AM   #22
Zubin Hakim
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Zubin

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R version 2011

Excellent Write Up....

Quote:
I've seen this system mentioned previously, but didn't see any guides on how to do it. After spending about 2 weeks on the internet and 8+ hours working on the bike, here are the results.

Summary of working components:
[] Unit brain, siren
[] Flashing indicators
[] Battery
[] Ignition
[] Infra-red sensor
[] LED blinker
[] Remote start (issue to be sorted)

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for any damage that may occur as a result of carrying out this diy. If you're in doubt what you're doing please seek professional advice.

I din't take any pictures of the alarm system before installing (no patience obviously), but here is an idea what it looks like (picture borrowed from elsewhere):

First of all, you will need to take off the following components:
SIDE PANELS
BOTH SEATS
REAR FAIRINGS
BATTERY COVER
BATTERY
BATTERY HOLDER

(Don't loose any of the screws and remember where each goes!)

The siren (behind the fuse box) and the brain unit (above the siren in the picture) are already installed in this picture.

Here is an other view with the battery removed. You may see there is a lot of wiring. The brain unit is navy blue and can be seen on the left hand-side of the siren.

Cables

The fixing of the cable may appear rather self explanatory by the connections. The cable lots are as follows:

Antenna - BLACK (thicker cable)
Grounding - BLACK (ends with a ring)
Siren - WHITE AND RED
Infrared - RED AND BLUE
LED blinker - RED AND BLACK

Main wiring (single colour wires)
2 x YELLOW
BROWN
PINK
GREY
BLUE
BLACK
RED

For now these all look pretty complicated, but once they end up in the right places it all becomes a lot easier.

I placed the antenna in the tail. Wiring was easy to follow alongside some existing wires.

Connect the RED wire to the positive (+) battery.
Connect the BLACK wire to the negative (-) battery.
Or attached the grounding cable to the frame, either should do the job.

Find two YELLOW cables, and connect them to indicator wirings, as in these pictures:

Right side: Plug one YELLOW cable together with GREY.
Left side: Plug one YELLOW cable together with GREEN.

I fed the LED cable alongside the fairings, and secured it in a small gap between the fairings next to the windscreen. I didn't fancy drilling holes in any panel, etc...

Now you can use basic alarm functions. You can arm/disarm the alarm, and indicators/LED will blink accordingly.

Next, the ignition needs to be wired up.

Get the fuse box and REMOVE "IG" FUSE out.

Into the place where the fuse was, on the back where the wiring goes into the fuse box, locate a thick brown cable, and connect PINK and BROWN wires from the alarm. Connect the GREY wire into the corresponding location.

This step is optional, but if you consider having a remote start, here is what should be done:

The BLUE wire needs to connect with the YELLOW/RED wire inside the start relay, right next to the main fuse:

I've tried, and it turns the engine, but doesn't start it.

As many of you may know, there is an anti-jacking security device fitted to our bikes, so it can't be 'hot wired'. Because of this the remote start won't work.

I will contact the company who sold me the alarm, as they know a way to bypass this security feature. If it works for me I shall update you all.

I hope it was any useful

Enjoy!
Dear Den,
Thats an excellent write up I must say. Let me Introduce my self before I say anything more. I am Zubin Hakim from Mumbai India and have a Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011 version. I have been doing research on security system over the net and I zeroed in this SPY 5000M system after seeing the video posted by hackeron. And guess what I belive you are the only one who I find over the internet who has detailed how to install the Spy 5000 M on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 R. I have already ordered by Spy 5000 M from Singapore since you dont get this stuff still in India.
Unfortunately I am not able to see the pics that you have attached on the forum while describing the setup of the alarm. It would be great if you could guide me once I get my Spy 5000M.
Hope to being gr8 friends and hope to talk to you soon...

Regards
Zubin Hakim

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:02 PM   #23
Den
ninjette.org member

The links are broken now due to the way how I configured my picasa, and I can't edit the post... something to do with expiration period of how long the post can be edited.

Old June 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM   #24
Zubin Hakim
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
The links are broken now due to the way how I configured my picasa, and I can't edit the post... something to do with expiration period of how long the post can be edited.
Hey Den,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply much appreciated. Its just that I would need your guidance when I get the SPY 5000M for installation, as no one in Mumbai here has ever done it and I dont want others to experiment on it than me
Hope to talk to you soon, take care and good luck.

Old June 28th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #25
funnydonkey
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sterling

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 2011

Hi Den, I was wondering if you could make a youtube video on how or tips on installing the alarm. it would be much appreciated.
funnydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #26
Zubin Hakim
ninjette.org newbie

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnydonkey View Post
Hi Den, I was wondering if you could make a youtube video on how or tips on installing the alarm. it would be much appreciated.
Hey Sterling
Welcome on board.. Hope alls well with ya. Hey thats a good suggestion about a you tube video. Are you done with the run in of the Ninja.

Old June 29th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #27
funnydonkey
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Sterling

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubin Hakim View Post
Hey Sterling
Welcome on board.. Hope alls well with ya. Hey thats a good suggestion about a you tube video. Are you done with the run in of the Ninja.
Thank you for the worm welcome. =D I'm doing great how about yourself? hope all is well. I think it would help many people if Den or someone made a video on how to set up the wiring and where the best place to put the alarm units at ect.
funnydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #28
osamahamed
ninjette.org newbie

Name: O

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Alarm help lights dont work :(

Hey everyone so i just finished installing my alarm system and i realized when the bike was armed/disarmed only one side of the bikes indicators went off so i switched the two yellow wires and then the other side worked does anyone have an explanation or is one of my yellow wires defective? Thanks,
osamahamed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:06 AM   #29
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
@Alex can help with this but he'll need new links. I would also suggest putting them in a ninjette album on your profile so this won't happen again.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM   #30
dubojr1

Question: What triggers does the system have to kill the bike if someone is attempting to take it while in remote start mode?

Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:48 PM   #31
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

I'm not sure, but a kill switch to the remote start line could be put in if the Neutral light is not on, or when the clutch is pulled in but the key is not in/turned to the 'run' position. It'd be quite similar to a car remote start, if the key is not in the ignition and in the 'run' position, to shift (an automatic anyways) the brake must be pressed at which point the engine is cut off.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #32
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Question: What triggers does the system have to kill the bike if someone is attempting to take it while in remote start mode?
Good luck riding a bike with the steering lock on, your probably be doing counter-clockwise circles until the cops arrive..
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #33
dubojr1

Yeah I understand that too but I think I'd still rather it shut off if it is shifted into first or if the brakes are applied. No need in risking my scratch-less fairings to some idiot that wants to do circles in the parking garage.

Old November 10th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #34
dubojr1

I've got a Spy 5000M ordered. Now I just need the picture links fixed. Where are you Den?

Old February 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #35
juancc01
ninjette.org newbie

Name: juan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

links for the pictures, please?
juancc01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #36
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

This looks like the Internatrix alarm repackaged, or maybe it was Internatrix doing the repackaging. Same features, minus the remote start. Either way, sounds like a good system. I love my Internatrix. It has scared off a couple of people.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #37
Den
ninjette.org member

PICTURES!

Here is a few pictures I found, however I can't edit the original post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27112010017.jpg (99.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 27112010019.jpg (119.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 27112010021.jpg (125.4 KB, 108 views)

Old February 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #38
shishe
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Roland

Motorcycle(s): Tank Scooter

HI: Let me contribute to the installation of this alarm system that seem to be very nice, We all know that the instructions that came with it are more confusing than having none, connecting the positive negative and blinkers are straight forward, my problem was with the ignition as I learned that some systems interrupt the current to the CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) and other systems ground the CDI so one alarm brain is not good for all the applications. I have a Chinese scooter that come with alarm from factory, same connector, same number of wires and colors as the Spy 5000m but after plugging it in the remote start will crank the engine but it will not start and if the engine was running and the alarm went off the engine will keep running and will not shut down, every thing else was working. Here are pictures how I fixed mine.

Spy 5000m alarm system. For systems where the ignition switch or alarm stops the engine by grounding the CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition) through the Pink=Black/White wire, the relay A should be moved to position B, relay A is the only N/C (normally close) relay out of the 5 in this picture

Here the 2 little capacitors were removed just to see the circuitry that ends in R33. You don't need to touch them

Here the 2 capacitors are back on and relay A has been removed

Here the relay is soldered in position B and the only thing left to do is to plug the remote communication board or whatever.

Ready to work on ground CDI systems, but not finished yet as I found out the engine keeps running while the alarm is going off, to fix this I need a SPST (Single Pole Single Throw) normally open relay on position A. I need a CMA51H-S-DC12V-A or equivalent relay.

Back side of the board

A N/O SPST relay will have 4 legs in these position (red dots) and the (blue dot) will not be used

The pink lines are circuitry on the back side of the board, The gray cable comes from the ignition switch, goes through the N/C relay B and out through the pink cable, when the ignition key is off it grounds the CDI so there is no spark, when we remote start the motorcycle, relay B opens and interrupt the grounding. When the engine is running either because the ignition is on or relay B is open and the alarm goes off then relay A closes and grounds the CDI. For now I am using it with out the relay A as I had no time to look for a relay of that size, every thing works except engine wont stop when alarm goes off. I will post as soon I finish it.

Finally it is working perfect. Finding such a small relay was a pain, none of the local electronic stores will carry it and since I am obsessive I refuse to put an external bigger one. After many hours of search I could not find any SPST relay.

All the available ones were SPDT (they have 5 legs)

So you have to cut one leg as shown in the picture.

Make sure the leg does not touch the PCB (printed circuit board). small piece of electric tape will help.

The one I bought was from www.Omnipro.net Subminiature Automotive PCB power relay ( Series PC236) PC236-1c-12s-x (very expensive) later on I found one made by Panasonic: Automotive Relay S JJM www.Futureelectronics.com full number JJM1-12V ($9 cheaper) Couple sites from England will have it like Conrad-uk.com and Amazon.co.uk.

Project finished
Good luck.

By the way I put a switch on the blue cable (remote starter) so I disable or enable it as needed.
My scooter has an electronic choke. I have to be sure the scooter is on it central stand legs and with the rear wheel up otherwise takes off.

Last futzed with by shishe; February 21st, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
shishe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #39
dubojr1

You may eventually answer my question from post #30

I did think at one time that the sensor that detects motion may be what kills the remote start. Seems there may be a setting for that sensor when you go thru the settings in the remote. I'd also like for it to eventually kill the remote start from some other source too like depression of the clutch or putting the kickstand up so that remote start would also die if the bike happened to be not "armed" at the time.

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #40
juancc01
ninjette.org newbie

Name: juan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

I just got my alarm (spy 5000m, got it from ebay $89.99 plus Sh.)
it's easy to install it , well if you follow the right instructions, thank you DEN
for making this an easy project!!!!
The alarm works great,
juancc01 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.