ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 21st, 2010, 04:03 AM   #1
tlhamon
ninjette.org member

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Exclamation If you are on the fence...

...about installing a slip-on or full system, just do it. I picked up my bike yesterday (had the jets done) and it was a totally new animal. I am extremely happy with it. The stock 250 looks good, but is seriously neutered by the factory. After riding it home I could hardly wipe the smile off of my face. Of course it's no power monster, but it went from a bike I was ready to give up on to a bike I want to ride the hell out of.

Old April 21st, 2010, 06:55 AM   #2
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Thomas, what exhaust did you go with?
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM   #3
tlhamon
ninjette.org member

HMF with a quiet core and spark arrestor, K & N filter and DynoJet Kit. $600 altogether with the dealer installing the Jet Kit.

Old April 21st, 2010, 07:35 AM   #4
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Hey, I just installed a HMF slip-on aswell. I couldn't pass on the price. Sounds awesome at idle and when blipping the gas but it is rather loud, does run rather well for not jetting. Does feel like I lost alittle top end or maybe it's just because I have that fart can on a civic thing going. Lots of noise but no go
Did your quiet core insert help a lot? I'll probably just order the quiet core and make a screen to take the space of the spark arrestor. The spark arrestor is expensive by itself, plus I'm not worried about catching the streets on fire

Old April 21st, 2010, 05:21 PM   #6
tlhamon
ninjette.org member

I noticed that it's really only loudish when accelerating, when I'm at a constant speed, it's pretty quiet. If you think it's too loud, definitely get the core and spark arrestor. The arrestor creates some back pressure too, so if you don't plan on rejetting the bike, it will help. I must say that having my bike rejetted made a huge difference in how much better it runs than stock.

Old April 21st, 2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Ya it does mellow out very nicely but you said it! That thing opens up on acceleration, it is rather annoying and I love using the entire RPM range. I might just sell it on here, dunno if I really wanna spend the extra $40 for the spark arrestor & quiet core. I have a feeling it really wont mellow it out that much. I'll rock it for a few weeks & see.

I was gonna do the full exhaust(area p quiet core,) rejet, pods, use my air/fuel ratio gauge to dial it in....but all I saw was $$$ and alot of tuning time. Not for me, this bike will be gone in a few years. Again at the end of the day, it's still a 250. 29whp is not a big jump
The ends don't justify the means for me, but alot of people seem to love hopping these 250's up.

Old April 21st, 2010, 06:56 PM   #8
xtrapsi

Name: Gregg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 300 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc View Post
Again at the end of the day, it's still a 250. 29whp is not a big jump
Are you kidding??

Thats like...double the HP!!
xtrapsi is offline   Reply With Quote