ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #1
hamburglar
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250R

Mechanical questions after lowside

I was recently in an accident where I lowsided my 04 Ninja. The thing I am most worried about at the moment is my engine. I'm sure I will have more questions later on about other stuff that is damaged.

It took me awhile to get to the bike partly because I was trying to pick up all of my stuff off the highway and it had slid quite a bit further than I did... The engine was off when I got to it, but I took the key out and stood it back up after about 5-8 minutes or so. I now notice the oil level is about half way through the sight glass and it was to the top when I had started out. I didn't notice any puddles underneath of it when it was down, so I am left to think it went elsewhere within the engine. I am hesitant to try and start it because of this.

What are some checks I can perform prior to starting it to make sure I don't do any further damage?
hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #2
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
check your air box, i am not sure if the old gen has the vent hose that goes into the air box the same as the new gen. If it does then there is a good chance that your oil went their and soaked the air filter ect...

As long as your oil level is with in range there should be no worries, you should check all your brakes & fluid and what not as well as air could have gotten into the lines and your carb probably got flooded so it might be a PITA to start.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #3
hamburglar
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250R

Thanks, I will check out the airbox and report back.

Just noticed I posted in the wrong section as well. My bike is an '04...
hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

It's all good. Like subzero said, check your air box. It's probably full of oil lol. Your motor is most likely fine.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.