ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Bunker
ninjette.org member

Name: bunker

Motorcycle(s): gold wing 2008

My GoldWing is sold

Been riding for almost 20 years now. Have had several Harley's, a Ninja 250, a Kawasaki Concours, and three years ago i purchased a new Honda Goldwing. I had fun with it, but just was not putting the touring miles on the bike to justify the $22,000 price tag. I have had a bad case of bursitis in my right hip, and only rode about 3000 miles this summer.

I decided to put a down payment on a green 2012 Ninja 250, and will pick it up in early March of next year. OTD price came to $4850. I am truly excited about banging through the gears!!! I think out of the past bikes i owned, i liked the Ninja 250 the best... It was great on gas, carved corners, was easy on the wallet, and was built rock solid! Dont get me wrong, it is the complete opposite from Wing, and i will miss the heated seats, GPS navi, and the 6cylinder engine... but..... i have not been this excited about a new bike in quite awhile.

I allready order a new Jacket, helmet, and sidi boots for the upcoming riding season, and cannot wait until march. Thought i would post a few pics of my baby that just left today. Bunker

035.jpg 025.jpg
Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM   #3
DEXSPEED
2012 is here,let's ride!!

Name: dex

Motorcycle(s): 2009R,'12 suzuki +500

it's awesome to hear that!maturity and common sense wins again!(it's not all about power after all)

Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM   #4
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

I have had 3 Goldwings thru the years. Awesome machines. Not one bad thing to say about them. I just ENJOY the Ninja 250 more

Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM   #5
Bunker
ninjette.org member

Name: bunker

Motorcycle(s): gold wing 2008

Its funny how motorcycling often brings you back to the roots of riding... just having plain fun!
Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:29 AM   #6
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

So, silly question that I've always kind of wondered about- how fast does the Goldwing let you go in reverse gear? Is it just backwards first gear, allowing the possibily of hardcore J turns for maximum police chase escaping potential? Or is it all slow and carefully regulated by the bike without needing throttle input?

Just curious
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It doesn't use the engine, it uses the electric starter motor in reverse. I don't know how fast it goes, but I know it's pretty powerful. I was with a large group of bikes leaving a friend's house, down a steep dirt/gravel driveway, and we went right up to the exit gate. Which didn't open for us soon enough, and btw, swings inward 10-15 feet to open. It was steep enough downhill that paddling backwards wouldn't work, and it wasn't wide enough to stay on the bike and turn, so we all had to get off and push the bikes back uphill a few feet.

Except for the guy on the gold wing, who smiled and happily pressed the reverse button, which yanked his bike back up the hill without breaking a sweat. Grrrrr.....

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote