ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old April 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Different kind of frame slider... under-the-tail like passenger pegs?!

It's been a while since I looked into Reza SS, the earliest current-gen 250R stunt rider I recall finding online, and it looks like he's picked up a Two Brothers endorsement and split off from StraightLineX (group of Indonesian stunters in Jakarta). Anyway, he has some strange sliders in the back that look like they are designed to protect his Two Bros. exhaust (protect his endorsement!). I'm sure they come in handy when he puts his foot on the tail for different moves. They look weird but it's better than what he used to do when he would ride around with no seat and just put his foot inside the tail.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Perhaps equally strange, he's got Ninja 650-style single-tube handlebars, which already looked like they belong on an ATV or dual-purpose bike. That wheelie from a stop surprised me. Is the average 250R even capable of this? Also, what does he need dual calipers for?!

Last futzed with by CZroe; April 16th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2
glitch
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R, '81 KZ440 LTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
That wheelie from a stop surprised me. Is the average 250R even capable of this? Also, what does he need dual calipers for?!
I could be wrong, but it looks like he's got a sprocket with a few more teeth than stock, trading top-end speed for low-end torque making it much easier to lift the front in low gears.

I saw the 2nd set of rear calipers too. I guess if one of your rotors is on a wheel that's almost never on the ground, you might want some stronger braking capability on the other wheel.
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
That wheelie from a stop surprised me. Is the average 250R even capable of this?
Yes, I am 250lbs and have a stock bike and the second day I went out riding I accidentally popped the clutch into first from a stop while turning onto a 55mph limit highway. I ended up wheelying through 3/4 of the first gear before shifting up to second; It was fun . I've done a few stoppies while practicing emergency braking too .

Old April 16th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
I could be wrong, but it looks like he's got a sprocket with a few more teeth than stock, trading top-end speed for low-end torque making it much easier to lift the front in low gears.

I saw the 2nd set of rear calipers too. I guess if one of your rotors is on a wheel that's almost never on the ground, you might want some stronger braking capability on the other wheel.
Even a light brake at speed will throw the front back down, so it's all about being delicate even then. Perhaps it does somehow give him more delicate control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
Yes, I am 250lbs and have a stock bike and the second day I went out riding I accidentally popped the clutch into first from a stop while turning onto a 55mph limit highway. I ended up wheelying through 3/4 of the first gear before shifting up to second; It was fun . I've done a few stoppies while practicing emergency braking too .
We weigh nearly the same. While I've lifted the rear during emergency stops, I've never felt the front lighten with even the most abrupt and high-revving start.

Old April 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #5
play2pwn
Only the good die young

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r SE

Im diggin those handle bars
play2pwn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2011, 01:27 AM   #6
dyeforever
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 04 250r(sold), 09 250r(sold), 07 CRF450x, 07 sv650(sold)

the other rear caliper is for his rear hand brake.
dyeforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:05 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeforever View Post
the other rear caliper is for his rear hand brake.
That explains it! I see it now. Makes perfect sense even though I never thought about a stunter using a handbrake for extra control.

Old May 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow Kawasaki Ninja 250 stunt

Link to original page on YouTube.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71042

Old May 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #11
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
/merged
Thanks !!!