ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #41
jermyzy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '09 Suzuki SV650SA

Thanks for the replies guys. She's short...barely 5 feet tall and weighs about 115 lb. Her inseam is probably 28" or less. Even with it lowered to the 4th hole, she can't quite flatfoot the bike. There is currently only about 3-4 finger gap between the rear tire and the fender. The shop that lowered it told me it would be no problem, however, after a couple of rides I checked the fender and I could see rub marks. The shop has offered to adjust pre-load, but I'm not sure this is the best solution. I think I will keep it at this setting until she becomes more confident on the bike, and then raise it up one notch. I'm using some masking tape on the fender now as a temporary solution, but one of the strips of tape came off and became stuck to the tire!!! Any way to remove it? Or am I best to just let it wear off on it's own?

Subiegy2010 --> After raising back up to the 3rd hole with stock suspension setting, did you experience any rubbing issues? Also, what is your approximate weight if you don't mind me asking?
jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #42
subiegy2010
noob in training

Name: Ilya

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (sold) '05 SV650S

No rubbing, I'm about 130lbs.
subiegy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM   #43
pucktoplay1
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Okay so my bike was lowered 2 inches by the previous owner and I'm ready to raise the rear. My question is what exactly will happen once the tie rods are removed? will the bike fall apart? I kno it says swingarm pivot but I don't want to cause problems I won't be able to fix. What do the tie rods connect exactly?
pucktoplay1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #44
kkim

what is it that you don't understand from this thread?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47461
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #45
pucktoplay1
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
what is it that you don't understand from this thread?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47461
I just don't have a good visual of what will happen. I'm only 18 and have spent most of my earned money on this bike and want to know exactly what's gonna happen before I do anything. I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can from different sources before I do this so I do not end up with $3000 in parts all over my garage. This will be my first repair/adjustment done to any vehicle by myself because i've decided to save the $100 dollar labor charge my local dealer wants to charge me. I've heard from some people that the bottom of the bike will fall off and heard from others that it will just pivot but nothing will fall off. Sorry for noob **** but I just want to be safe then sorry since my dad is not happy that I decided to do this myself. He wanted me to bring it to the shop so its "done right" cause it deals with the suspension.

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #46
kkim

You should support the bike securely as Kim has shown in her first post. Once you take off the links, there is nothing supporting the back end of the bike from the swingarm pivot on back.

If you lack the tools shown that are needed to do this job safely/properly, perhaps it would be a wise decision to have a shop do the work.

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #47
pucktoplay1
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
You should support the bike securely as Kim has shown in her first post. Once you take off the links, there is nothing supporting the back end of the bike from the swingarm pivot on back.

If you lack the tools shown that are needed to do this job safely/properly, perhaps it would be a wise decision to have a shop do the work.

Okay thanks, I have the tools needed. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #48
kkim

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. It's always better to ask before you do something if you have any doubts. Members are great on this forum and are always willing to help.

Old July 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #49
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): VFR/250r/Gsxr 750

Thanks for the write up on this Noche! I just did the lowering on my friends bike and she's so happy now! I used the same kit and at first I lowered to the lowest setting.

That was too low as the tire would rub the rear fender while sitting still. I raised it to the same setting as you had in the photo (middle hole of top 3)

It only rubs the rear fender if she hits a big bump. I'll raise it another notch once she gets comfortable with everything.

If you have a paypal accout, I'd send you a few bucks just for say thanks for the DIY.
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #50
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

glad to be of service