Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Warning: Do not buy from Avenged7Fold

I wanted to warn everyone to stay away from Trent aka Avenged7Fold. I have been dealing with him over the past 2 months about his gopro3 and it has just been a nightmare. It took over a month just to be able to set up payment to him.

First he wanted payment as a "gift" from paypal. I should have taken that as a red flag and ran like hell. But eventually we agree to setup an ebay auction so that it was easier and I get protection from both ebay and paypal. I am sooooooooooo glad that I did.

After a week of not shipping the item he contacts me saying that he lost all the mounts for the gopro and they he would either replace them or give me a partial refund. The auction clearly states that item will be shipped within 2 business days. Whatever, I've already waited 2 months I can wait for him to go to the store and buy me new mounts.

A week later I get a mysterious ebay canceltaion email with no reason stated for the cancelation. I declined since no reason was stated and I wanted my GoPro3. I text Trent a couple hours later and he stated it was stolen. Great, I figured he would just refund my money.

Another week and half go buy with no refund and I text Trent. I tell him to either send me my gopro or to refund my money. He then gives me an attitude saying if I didn't decline his cancelation I would have gotten my money back and that I should have texted him before I declined the cancelation. So now it's my responsibility now to find out it was stolen from Trent after 2 weeks I bought it? Horrible seller. He still has my gopro3 or my money.

Finally, After 3 weeks of waiting on ebay I will be able to open a dispute case.

STAY AWAY FROM Avenged7Fold AKA TRENT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Black gopro 3 for $200 didn't give it away?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #3
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

$260 but yes. Maybe too good to be true

Old January 4th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

@Avenged7Fold (mentioned)

Any response, or do I close any of your for sale threads with this warning?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old January 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hey Alex you should post his last used IP. then we can do some.... investigating :P

Old January 4th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

He has 200+ posts here, he should be given some time to respond before the inevitable pile-on if there isn't an appropriate response.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by sousuke86 View Post
First he wanted payment as a "gift" from paypal. I should have taken that as a red flag and ran like hell.
Nothing wrong with that. I usually request it and members here had no problems sending it to me as a gift. I stand by my word, and have delivered as promised. I guess it all depends how reputable the person is. Either that or I ask the person to pay extra to cover paypal fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
He has 200+ posts here, he should be given some time to respond before the inevitable pile-on if there isn't an appropriate response.
+1

There's always 2 sides to the story.

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #8
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I texted him to see what was going on. Ill give update if I hear back. Very strange of him to do this. Maybe a misunderstanding? Hope the guy gets his money back or the gopro3

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #9
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I usually request it and members here had no problems sending it to me as a gift. I stand by my word, and have delivered as promised. I guess it all depends how reputable the person is. Either that or I ask the person to pay extra to cover paypal fees.

+1

There's always 2 sides to the story.
That's where I stand when I sell stuff to avoid fees on my end. If they want that protection, they need to cover fees being deducted from me.

Then again, I really have nothing to worry about since I would never con anyone.

I did learn from a friend that try to avoid international selling and shipping...you cannot get a tracking # and will get hosed if the buyer is a con saying he never got the item because you couldn't provide a tracking #. The buyer of my friend's iPad had the audacity to email him back after all was said and done "thanks for the free ipad"
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #10
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Just a couple pictures as proof

This was on the 27th and no refund or cancelation since then.

To be fair I don't think he was trying to con me out of my money. He did send the cancelation to try and null the eBay contract. I just don't like how he handled the situation with the lack of communication as a seller and how he is still holding my money hostage.

This is the reason why I don't send gift paypals to sellers I have not bought from before.

There was actually no need to escalate it this far if he had just notified me promptly that he was not able to follow through and refunded my money.

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #11
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I hope you get all your money back and let this be done with. Think both parties could have handled it differently, if not better.

Hope all works out for the best.

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #12
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

i ask for gifts all the time, and never thought anything of it...

hope you get your money back bro.

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #13
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Name: Trent

Motorcycle(s): 2004 YZF-600r ---- 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

I dont appreciate you writing this about me. Its simple... Me losing the adhesive mounts caused you to want 20 dollars for them, plus 10 for shipping; thus leaving me with 20 dollars profit. So i cancelled, and you declined. I have the cameras, and i sell them. You just happened to be forgotten because you were such a hassle of a buyer. If youd like the refund then do some sort of request. The moneys still sitting in my paypal with no intention of being kept.

Old January 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #14
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged7Fold View Post
I dont appreciate you writing this about me. Its simple... Me losing the adhesive mounts caused you to want 20 dollars for them, plus 10 for shipping; thus leaving me with 20 dollars profit. So i cancelled, and you declined. I have the cameras, and i sell them. You just happened to be forgotten because you were such a hassle of a buyer. If youd like the refund then do some sort of request. The moneys still sitting in my paypal with no intention of being kept.
So instead of being straight forward with me and saying you don't want to keep your end of the bargain because your profit margin was too low for you, you lied to me and said it was stolen? Not cool at all.

The standard mounts cost $20 to buy.

Let this be a warning to everyone else who deals with Avenged7Fold/Trent. He will Lie and ignore you if his profit margins aren't high enough.

I have already sent an ebay dispute. Refund my money through there.

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #15
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Thank you for the refund Trent. Case closed.

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #17
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Thank you for the refund Trent. Case closed.
@Alex.

The rebuttal was very weak, but at least it got worked out in the end.

For the record, sending money for goods through Paypal will cost the seller 3%. The buyer can add that fee to the total in order to get the sale of goods protection.

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #18
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Quote:
So instead of being straight forward with me and saying you don't want to keep your end of the bargain because your profit margin was too low for you, you lied to me and said it was stolen? Not cool at all.

Let this be a warning to everyone else who deals with Avenged7Fold/Trent. He will Lie and ignore you if his profit margins aren't high enough.

Not true. I will try to cancel the transaction and get your money back but if you wish to deny then yes, there may be some conflict. At least ask me why before declining.

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #19
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenged7Fold View Post

do you sell things frequently? not to talk **** but you don't seem very good at it... i almost expected this message to be from someone else... your message screams of poor business practices... maybe if you want more than 20 dollars profit, put more effort into your sales business. nobody likes dealing with bad businesses. and you trying to defend your obvious mistakes by badmouthing a customer complaining highlights your inability to realize what has actually happened. lets not forget about lying to the customer saying it was stolen and then coming back on here and admitting that you lied to your customer after making a deal because you decided you weren't making enough money off of it... meanwhile you are holding onto what... 260$ of someone elses? the only thing you should be saying is how sorry you are about a mistake you've made and how you are going to offer the camera at no profit to you because you are trying to maintain your reputation as someone who isn't a piece of **** trying to take peoples money

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #20
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
do you sell things frequently? not to talk **** but you don't seem very good at it... i almost expected this message to be from someone else... your message screams of poor business practices... maybe if you want more than 20 dollars profit, put more effort into your sales business. nobody likes dealing with bad businesses. and you trying to defend your obvious mistakes by badmouthing a customer complaining highlights your inability to realize what has actually happened. lets not forget about lying to the customer saying it was stolen and then coming back on here and admitting that you lied to your customer after making a deal because you decided you weren't making enough money off of it... meanwhile you are holding onto what... 260$ of someone elses? the only thing you should be saying is how sorry you are about a mistake you've made and how you are going to offer the camera at no profit to you because you are trying to maintain your reputation as someone who isn't a piece of **** trying to take peoples money
Okay. I never sell stuff. Sorry buddy, best of luck to you and my apologizes about the nightmare of a transaction caused by me.

Old January 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #21
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

business is a funny thing, people pay extra to
-be right
-get quick service
-be impressed

my advice is to cash in with those before you cheapen yourself to the point of breaking a sale. even under bad circumstances, a good business man is always able to make a good deal...

good luck in your future ventures.

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #22
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Seems like things have been worked out.

/closed

Closed Thread