View Full Version : DAMN Wind got my bike..!

killamuf
April 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got back from school about 20 minutes ago. The moment I pulled into my neighborhood, the first thing I saw was my bike was tipped over with its cover on.

Today the wind in the suburbs of Philadelphia (where I live) hit about 25-35MPH. It fell over on the right right side (exhaust side), no damage....the cover has a couple of holes in it now but it saved the bike. My DanMoto exhaust was bent in.....I pulled it back out with my hand. Other than that the bike is fine. Ruined my day tho... :mad: DAMN NATURE..!

TnNinjaGirl
April 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
No worries.... Just hop on your bike and WOT everywhere you go. Payback for mother nature!

Jiggles
April 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/fuk-you-tree.jpg

killamuf
April 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
lol thanks...you put a smile on my face. haha.

oh yeah, speaking of WOT, i was doing that all last week trying to keep up with my friends on a group ride. haha. I-95 with 3 600s and a R1. lol

Kevin2109
April 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, bike cover = wind sail

killamuf
April 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Kevin2109

yeah that is what I hear. Gotta be more careful from now on. Just a thought, if it was a 600 bike, would it still have tipped over? or probably need more wind to because of the added weight? :confused:

Kevin2109
April 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Kevin2109

yeah that is what I hear. Gotta be more careful from now on. Just a thought, if it was a 600 bike, would it still have tipped over? or probably need more wind to because of the added weight? :confused:

honestly depends on how much wind but probably not :p

killamuf
April 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
honestly depends on how much wind but probably not :p

You are probably right...haha. Because my brother-in-law has a CBR600 and he has never had wind issues in the same place with high wind.

I guess it depends how the bike is positioned too. (like against it, etc.) thanks anyway. :thumbup: