View Full Version : Helmet LEDs!

Scattcatt
April 9th, 2012, 09:56 PM
So... I got bored while I was waiting for my parts to come in to finish up my 15,000 mile service. I got thinking, "What can I do to make my helmet stand out from the rest, and maybe add the benefit of making me more visible while still remaining cool?" My solution? :D I bought a 12 volt LED strip off of Ebay! I powered it with a 12 volt A23 battery since they are so compact, it allowed me to put the battery right on the helmet! I picked up a small switch from Radio Shack and threw it all together, I certainly think it's cool! What all do you guys think? I admit it kind of does seem totally squidish, and this is by far the most squidish thing I've ever done, but I'm okay with that, I know I'm no squid! :thumbup:

I picked purple because I have purple HID's on the bike, so everything matches! :p

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=801&pictureid=8052

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=801&pictureid=8053

cuz
April 9th, 2012, 10:22 PM
nice i LOV leds i just put 2 red 5050 strips for extra brake lights on hope the law doesn't mine ;):p:):thumbup::cool:

Scattcatt
April 9th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I bet that looks pretty neat! Honestly haven't really thought too much about putting LED's on my bike, this was just a totally random spontaneous decision on my part to test it out with the helmet. I have no idea how the law will react either, I really don't think they'll be too bothered by it, not here at least especially if I'm riding responsibly. :thumbup:

Malicious Logic
April 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Looks pretty cool. Don't think it's squidish at all.

ForceofWill
April 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Looks nice. Dont know how legal that is though. I would think a red strip on the back and a white on horizontally on the front like eyebrows would work and be legal.

TnNinjaGirl
April 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
That's a really good idea!

cri22le
April 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
looks badass
two thumbs up
:thumbup::thumbup:

Scattcatt
April 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah I have absolutely no idea how legal it is :p I LOVE the red/blue idea haha, but for sure that would not fly! I also do like the idea of the red/white strips for legal reasons, not sure if I'll swap my strip out yet though, I think I might poke at the law a little with my purples first. ;)