View Full Version : At least the bike is fine...

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
So I was riding back from school (it was raining a little) and decided to stop and get a sandwich at a store that was up on a hill. The turn into the parking lot is ~130 degree turn so I was in full lean while going up it, but the road had a slick spot so instead of actually turning, the bike slid. I didn't let go, my knee was scraping, but the pants I was wearing held up nicely and I only had a touch of road rash under the knee. My right shoulder hit the ground and bounced back up, and then the bike stopped.

I quickly got up, tried lifting the bike with both hands, realized I couldn't move my right arm without excruciating pain, so I lifted it up using my left arm. While remounting the bike it took every ounce of effort to set my right arm on the throttle and restart the bike. I felt horrible but I managed to make it back home.

After getting inside it took me a good half hour to get my gear off because of the pain. I looked at my right shoulder and realized I could push my fingers into my shoulder socket :eek: It hurt to move my arm at all so I attempted to find the head of my humorous and relocate it, after about twenty minutes of screaming obscenity's I called a friend to take me to the hospital.

They took xrays and the doctor said she was going to put me under before even attempting to fix it, so she gave me some morphine and fentanyl and some other stuff and when I was coherent again it was back in. Now I have to wear my arm in a sling for a couple weeks and it wont be healed for 6. At least she gave me some vicodin to pop though.

As for the bike, the right slider took the brunt of the damage and the exhaust was scratched somewhat, but luckily my new sportisi titanium exhaust came in today (thank you samw :thumbup: )

I was wearing full gear except for pants (I was wearing north face snowboarding pants, they actually held up pretty well, if I were wearing jeans my right knee would have been ****ed) Sorry if my typing sucks, its harder using just my left hand. Im not even sure how Im going to get through my calculus class now, my writing is horrible with my right hand.

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
So maybe don't full lean at low speeds in the rain? Lol

Cool that your bike isn't damaged and I'm glad your injuries were light. I wouldn't wish my curse on anybody :thumbup:

Man when I read these crash threads now, all I can think is "Gah you lucky little piece of ****, got out of it so easy." Being home all day is making me a bitter dick. XD

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
So maybe don't full lean at low speeds in the rain? Lol

Cool that your bike isn't damaged and I'm glad your injuries were light. I wouldn't wish my curse on anybody :thumbup:

Man when I read these crash threads now, all I can think is "Gah you lucky little piece of ****, got out of it so easy." Being home all day is making me a bitter dick. XD

Who said I was going slow speeds, it was one of those fun turnarounds, i was doing ~45-50ish :D

And if it helps, since you one upped everyone its the opposite feeling for the rest of us when we wreck. I wont complain though, at least my junk still works,my problem is I cant use my right hand without dislocating my shoulder again :banghead:

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Well I figured turn into a parking lot means go a bit slower lol.

Well then, I guess its time to go lefty or rent a hooker

EthioKnight
April 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry to read about your fall bro, wish you a speedy recovery...and now would be a perfect time to get cozy with the front row geeks in your calculus class ;)

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
They should let you use a typing aid/computer due to your disability. It's kind of a law

MikeBudd
April 10th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Man that sucks. Get better soon!!!

Lucky you weren't just wearing jeans :D

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I wasnt in the parking lot, its the road up to it, sorry for the lack of clarification, the drugs they gave me are making it harder to concentrate. I think the morphine mostly. As for typing aids, its just a pain to write symbols, but Ill talk with the instructor tomorrow. There is a girl in calculus I wouldn't mind getting cozy with, but I'm already working on 4 other girls right now so I don't want to maximize the chance of any of them dislocating my shoulder again :)

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
There is a girl in calculus I wouldn't mind getting cozy with, but I'm already working on 4 other girls right now so I don't want to maximize the chance of any of them dislocating my shoulder again :)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

etiainen
April 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM
lololol rofl

etiainen
April 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
WTH! seriously. I type 70wpm. let him learn.

Wow...that is awesome. :thumbup: I am really slow with one hand.

Alex
April 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM
He never said which words. :)

etiainen
April 10th, 2012, 08:43 PM
LOL...

sadly I know a lot of people(in CS of course), who type < 20 WPM still....

it pains me to see this at work. I still know some single finger typing people(keystroke peckers)...

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 11:20 PM
WTH! seriously. I type 70wpm. let him learn.

I can type with one hand, that's not a problem, its the equations, how do you type in related rates problems or derivatives in a timely manner. The equation writer is a PITA with 2 hands.

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/seanvoight/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Thats awesome, and I wish it were like that. I'm more of a hopeless romantic that falls in love with every pretty girl I meet and this is my current trainwreck of a downward spiral of relationship drama madness :)

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Well crashing a motorcycle and getting scars is a panty dropper, trust me I know. Since my accident I've gotten laid almost 0 times.

lc86
April 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Well crashing a motorcycle and getting scars is a panty dropper, trust me I know. Since my accident I've gotten laid almost 0 times.

You say that now, but once you get your settlement and your penile implant they will be all over you. If not you could always go the hooker route.

Jiggles
April 10th, 2012, 11:40 PM
These are facts....

Firehorse
April 10th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Glad you're okay and in lala land with some others around here. Can you bring a hired typist to do your bidding during the test? heh, heh..

The extra crappy part is you can't try on your new gear with only one hand. Maybe get some of those ladies in class to help you with that.

How did the sliders hold up and what kind are they?

I'm starting to feel like an outsider, having no crashes in the last few days. Ktownninja went down on Sunday too. He's fine but sore, his bike is still in recovery. I almost got squished tonight, does that count?

lc86
April 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Glad you're okay and in lala land with some others around here. Can you bring a hired typist to do your bidding during the test? heh, heh..

The extra crappy part is you can't try on your new gear with only one hand. Maybe get some of those ladies in class to help you with that.

How did the sliders hold up and what kind are they?

I'm starting to feel like an outsider, having no crashes in the last few days. Ktownninja went down on Sunday too. He's fine but sore, his bike is still in recovery. I almost got squished tonight, does that count?

The sliders took the brunt of the damage, with a little bit of scuffing on the mirrors and my brake lever.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6920865366_4c565c853b.jpg http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5316/7066944897_c456218a4e.jpg

The exhaust has a scrape on it, but I'm replacing it anyways so I don't really care. I honestly don't know the brand of sliders, I just bought them at the dealership.

Jiggles
April 11th, 2012, 12:10 AM

No, but go crash and come join Club Percocet :thumbup:

Firehorse
April 11th, 2012, 12:14 AM
No, but go crash and come join Club Percocet :thumbup:
No thanks had years of percocet already and I won't be rejoining but thanks for your warm wishes.

Jiggles
April 11th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Oh cmon, were saving up for blow and hookers

Firehorse
April 11th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Oh cmon, were saving up for blow and hookers

I'm too happy for blow and too healthy for hookers. The whole idea of male hookers just screams "desperate!!" and I ain't. :D