View Full Version : Goodbye Ninjette..

MustangGuy
April 12th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Sold my Ninjette today.... I have a brand new 2012 650 Ninja... why do I feel bad? This is the last pic of me and the little guy.

Jiggles
April 12th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah! NINJA 650 ALL THE WAY!!!! HOW YOU LIKE THAT **** SON!?

Alex
April 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Enjoy the new ride! :thumbup:

squaregamer476
April 13th, 2012, 12:02 AM
pics or it didn't happen

Firehorse
April 13th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Congrats, hope you forwarded the forum url to the new owner.

Pics of the new baby?

Malicious Logic
April 13th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Grats but....why no pics of the new bike?? :confused:

Trailerboy531
April 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
but... THE GRIPS WERE HEATED! :(

Excited to see the new baby though :thumbup:

Brooklyn
April 13th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Congrats on the new ride!

NDspd
April 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Congrats man, safe riding all the time all right?

choneofakind
April 13th, 2012, 08:01 AM
This is the last pic of me and the little guy.

The little guy is a cutie! :p

Have fun on the new bike!! ride safe, and don't be a stranger around here

MustangGuy
April 13th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Here's a pic of new ride - it did happen :thumb up: ! I need to take some nice pics of it but this is where it lives when it's not between my legs! It's a great bike... I've had it a few weeks now and put 500 miles on it. I'm still a big fan of 250's so you won't see me post anything but good comments but besides the power increase going from the 250 to the 650, I'm finding the 650 more comfortable and in some ways easier to ride. Maybe part of that is due to going from a pre-gen to a new bike... I dunno because I've never been on a new-gen 250. I can say that nothing corners like a 250, but in my experience, the 650 seems more stable in the corners. It is bigger and I can definitely feel the weight difference when I'm moving it around in the garage or jockeying it into a parking space, but when I'm riding it feels stable but light. And...... I didn't waste any time getting the heated grips on it. They are installed but not wired yet. That was more for ergonomic reasons. The Hot Grips are fatter than the stock grips and I have gotten used to them. Of course, the 250 pic was posed. I am always fully geared when I'm on a running bike.

Jiggles
April 13th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Dude, wiring heated grips is kind of a bitch. Taking off the gas tank is difficult but I learned how. I ended up running the wire down the frame of the bike to the battery under the frame fairing thing. If you need help with that let me know

etiainen
April 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Nice 650:thumbup:

I ended up doing heated gloves because it can get pretty cold at night here in the winter.

No wiring involved as well other than the terminal into the battery.

MustangGuy
April 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jiggles - or in light of the percocet should we call you Giggles? JK! :D - yeah wiring them is a pain, but the wiring came out great on the 250, so I don't think it will be hard - just time-consuming. I like tedious, non-greasy car and bike tasks! I mentioned this site to the new owner, but he didn't seem very interested - oh well. BTW, I'm not leaving this site - it's too much fun and you guys and gals are great. I don't think I'll be in the market for another 250 anytime soon but I am thinking about ANOTHER bike that I want (a buddy for the 650) but can't go shopping again so soon! Probably nobody would guess what I've got my eye on.... more on that another time though!

Trailerboy531
April 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Wow. that ones a looker! :jaw:

Firehorse
April 13th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Here's a pic of new ride - it did happen :thumb up: ! I need to take some nice pics of it - snippity-snip...

That is gorgeous!! Thanks for the great comparison, that really helps when someone isn't sure if the 250 is right for them. Mine's for life but you bet I would ride that too. Don't forget to add your new baby and yourself to the gentleman's lounge.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18876&page=22&highlight=dudes+rock