View Full Version : Noob question about leaving gear

erittz
April 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'm a new owner to my first Ninjette 250. It's a 2009 and It doesn't have a helmet lock on it. I leave my bike on campus all day and don't know where to hang my jacket/helmet so that they can't be stolen. What do you guys do? I just feel like a tool walking around with my helmet/jacket. Thanks

smackenz
April 18th, 2012, 10:37 AM
you are supposed to use the helmet as a clear sign that you ride and then you pick up ladies

diablos991
April 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Did they remove the helmet hooks under the back seat?

I always lock mine to my bike, but then again, my college campus is full of adults. (graduate school) I would have just strapped it to my backpack if I was at my undergraduate campus.

erittz
April 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Did they remove the helmet hooks under the back seat?

I always lock mine to my bike, but then again, my college campus is full of adults. (graduate school) I would have just strapped it to my backpack if I was at my undergraduate campus.

Just checked and saw them. Thanks.

choneofakind
April 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Run a bicycle lock through the sleeves of your jacket and helmet, and lock them to the bike.

alex.s
April 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
leaving stuff on your bike is a sure way for it to get damaged/stolen. just take it with you.

Jiggles
April 18th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Walk around with your helmet so that girls know you ride, its a panty dropper

choneofakind
April 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Walk around with your helmet so that girls know you ride, its a panty dropper

I thought only SS's got the panties off??????? :eek:

Jiggles
April 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I thought only SS's got the panties off??????? :eek:

How they gna know!?

choneofakind
April 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
:lol:

ninja_sleeper
April 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Just checked and saw them. Thanks.

Wait, do ninja 250 newgens have a helmet lock?

Whiskey
April 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Wait, do ninja 250 newgens have a helmet lock?

yeah, under the pillion seat, it only fits DD ring helmets tho

http://forums.ninja250.org/uploads/648910.jpg

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachments/ninja-250r/15005d1224198702-how-use-underseat-helmet-hooks-250-img_0183.jpg

ninja_sleeper
April 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
You just blew my mind.

SC90
April 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hey Evan. Notice your from Columbus. Which campus do you attend if you don't mind me asking? If you go to Ohio state, I may have some places for you to store your helmet and jacket in a secure area for commuter students where I work.

erittz
April 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Hey Evan. Notice your from Columbus. Which campus do you attend if you don't mind me asking? If you go to Ohio state, I may have some places for you to store your helmet and jacket in a secure area for commuter students where I work.

I wish man I'm from Columbia, MO. Thanks for the kind gesture though!!!

SC90
April 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM

Must of misread. Reading the forums r on my iPhone is a bit difficult since it isn't coming in mobile format.

erittz
April 19th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Must of misread. Reading the forums r on my iPhone is a bit difficult since it isn't coming in mobile format.

All good man thanks for offering!

diablos991
April 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM
FYI, when attaching the helmet (as shown in the pictures above), you may want to use the fabric strip under that D ring.

The D ring resting on the paint can cause it to scratch or crack. My helmet has a piece of liner that can go right under there to prevent this.

CalvinAmI
April 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
watch leaving your gear on your bike though. People will fill your helmet and jacket with yogurt for sure. Just a sign of the times =\

choneofakind
April 19th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I've never had anyone fill my helmet with yogurt, but alright :p

Heads would roll if someone messed with my stuff. That's why I don't leave my gear on the bike unless I'm just making a quick stop and don't want to carry the helmet.

Jono
April 19th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Run a bicycle lock through the sleeves of your jacket and helmet, and lock them to the bike.

^^^
That is what I do when I am at campus. That grab bar on the pregen does have a purpose. lol And then for extra security I sneak into the parking garage so there are very few people walking past my bike. I feel comfortable leaving my gear with the bike.

Like the OP i feel like a tool as well when I am walking around campus with my gear. Idk why but I just do. I need to get over that so I can pick up the ladies! ;)

LoD575
April 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I carry all gear with me whenever off the bike. I do not like the idea of leaving anything behind to be stolen or tampered with.

Renner
May 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Just realized that the gun cable lock that came with my Glock is perfect to lock my helmet to the bike! Now my helmet is safer then my gun!!

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Just realized that the gun cable lock that came with my Glock is perfect to lock my helmet to the bike! Now my helmet is safer then my gun!!

^ Goes postal from time to time... LOL

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mine has the lock on the side but I never realized how to lock it... I use the dboule rings to lock it to the bike? anyone with a pair of scissors could steal it....

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Yes but worthless or not ppl are stupid... LOL they don't care if my helmet will be worthless as long as they can still be stupid that's all they care about....

LV_Jillan
May 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM

If you ever come to Springfield LMK :) We can go on a 250 ride!

Renner
May 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yes but worthless or not ppl are stupid... LOL they don't care if my helmet will be worthless as long as they can still be stupid that's all they care about....

I agree with this...thats why I went the "Postal" route and use my gun cable lock :thumbup:

Plus that BS lock they give you on the ninja...at least my year...can easily be cracked open with a screw driver

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
If you ever come to Springfield LMK :) We can go on a 250 ride!

Isn't that where "The Simpsons" are from? LOL

LV_Jillan
May 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Isn't that where "The Simpsons" are from? LOL

IDK, I mean they never say what State. But Jason Bourne is from my home town ;)

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM

Great more people going postal! LOL

Renner
May 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM

The Simpsons takes place in the fictional American town of Springfield in an unknown and impossible-to-determine U.S. state. The show is intentionally evasive in regard to Springfield's location.[67] Springfield's geography, and that of its surroundings, contains coastlines, deserts, vast farmland, tall mountains, or whatever the story or joke requires.[68] Groening has said that Springfield has much in common with Portland, Oregon, the city where he grew up.[69] The name "Springfield" is a common one in America and appears in 22 states.[70] Groening has said that he named it after Springfield, Oregon and the fictitious Springfield which was the setting of the series Father Knows Best. He "figured out that Springfield was one of the most common names for a city in the U.S. In anticipation of the success of the show, I thought, 'This will be cool; everyone will think it's their Springfield.' And they do.

Just FYI :thumbup:

Jiggles
May 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-simpsons-matt-groening-reveals-springfields-state-oregon-2012114

Stingray1000
May 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-simpsons-matt-groening-reveals-springfields-state-oregon-2012114

You guys are geeks.........JUST LIKE ME HAHA! LOL

Old Lemon
May 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM
being a network SECURITY major, im obligated to not trust anyone with anything.

So i keep my jacket on, carry my helmet with gloves inside, and walk around in my boots until i get to class. my helmet cost 200 bucks i aint leaving it dangling alone outside