View Full Version : After a wonderful 3 years with my 250, I picked up this beauty

EvnEvn724
April 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
2012 zx6r. SO excited to put some miles on it. Still keeping the 250 as well :D

Malicious Logic
April 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Very nice. Moar pics plz.

Mocha Man
April 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Very nice. Moar pics plz.

:whathesaid:

Alex
April 18th, 2012, 10:46 PM
/lair

koenigcitizen
April 19th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Was your 250 your first/only bike?
If it is, how many miles have you rode on it?
What is the transition like?

I am shopping for an upgrade bike right now. Thanks!

Beatiful bike, man!

NDspd
April 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wow very clean green man! Been looking at eventually upgrading here in the near future myself.

sharky nrk
April 19th, 2012, 09:00 AM
congrats, I love my 6R alot

austexjg
April 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Nice bike - I love my ZX6R. Just wait until after the "break in" and you will be amazed by the overall performance.

EvnEvn724
April 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
ya the 250 was my first bike, i put about 10k on it. The transition is going very smooth. It is actually quite comfortable for a sport bike. I will post some more pictures pretty soon! :D

EvnEvn724
April 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
more pictures!

burningscooter
April 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
good lookin bike. ride safe

xSean13
April 21st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Nice bike, except that fender. What is it with Kawaski and over-the-top ugly fenders?

r311music
April 21st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Nice bike, except that fender. What is it with Kawaski and over-the-top ugly fenders?

^^What he said! I ordered an integrated tail light the day I bought my 6r. Then I made my own bracket to hold the license plate to clean up that rear end!

jdoucet93
April 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
ohhhh so shiny... Wanna race? ;)

codestp202
April 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just wondering, why did you choose the zx6r compared to the 650? Did you like the supersport feel more? I'm just asking because one of those two bikes will be my next one

thisisbenji
April 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Where in central illinois do you live? The ZX-6r is a sweet bike, I'm jealous. I'll be picking one up after I graduate, although hope by then they have some solid colors. I'm not digging the black/green.

Anyways be safe on your new bike.

EvnEvn724
April 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
^^What he said! I ordered an integrated tail light the day I bought my 6r. Then I made my own bracket to hold the license plate to clean up that rear end!

Just put on a fender eliminator. looks MUCH cleaner.

Just wondering, why did you choose the zx6r compared to the 650? Did you like the supersport feel more? I'm just asking because one of those two bikes will be my next one

I like the feel and sound of the supersport. Sit on both of them before you make your decision!

Where in central illinois do you live? The ZX-6r is a sweet bike, I'm jealous. I'll be picking one up after I graduate, although hope by then they have some solid colors. I'm not digging the black/green.

Anyways be safe on your new bike.

I live about 10 miles north of bloomington.

EvnEvn724
April 27th, 2012, 01:57 PM
New Pictures!

cuong-nutz
April 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I like the second shot a lot! Is the first photo with extended exposure?

EvnEvn724
April 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I like the second shot a lot! Is the first photo with extended exposure?

yessir, a good friend of mine recently got into photography. There will be a whole lot more picture taking soon!

thisisbenji
April 27th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I also took photos of my bike in the same location today. Can't help but feel as if I'm going to get mugged every time I go down there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisisbenji/sets/72157629914554809/

Stingray1000
April 27th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Not a fan of the green... Beautiful bike but I'd like it in black. lol

EvnEvn724
April 28th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I also took photos of my bike in the same location today. Can't help but feel as if I'm going to get mugged every time I go down there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisisbenji/sets/72157629914554809/

Looks great man! And ya I know what you mean Haha. There are a few more awesome spots in the downtown area. Shoot me a message if you ever wanna go for a ride

Xoulrath
April 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hey man, great looking bike you got there! I am not biased in any way!

What fender elim kit is that? I need to get one. I love the lines of the bike, but that tail section is an eyesore with the current stock setup.

MustangGuy
April 29th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Very nice ride! My 650 has the same ugly rear fender. I haven't found a kit yet. I suppose I could make something but a direct-swap kit would be much easier. Many happy miles!

EvnEvn724
April 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Very nice ride! My 650 has the same ugly rear fender. I haven't found a kit yet. I suppose I could make something but a direct-swap kit would be much easier. Many happy miles!

Hey man, great looking bike you got there! I am not biased in any way!

What fender elim kit is that? I need to get one. I love the lines of the bike, but that tail section is an eyesore with the current stock setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330702643580?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

under 50 bucks and looks great. very easy to install as well! FAST shipping too!

MustangGuy
May 1st, 2012, 10:34 AM
That looks great! It doesn't say if it will fit the 2012 650. It looks like it should though. I might need to drill a couple of holes. What do you guys think?

EvnEvn724
May 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
That looks great! It doesn't say if it will fit the 2012 650. It looks like it should though. I might need to drill a couple of holes. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-06-08-NINJA-EX650R-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-Univ-Kit-/270605377327?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f01565f2f

I don't know too much about the body styles of the 650 but there's one for the 650. its a 2006-2008 though. Comparing pictures of the 2012 and the 2008 seems to look like it should fit. I'm sure the store owner could also tell you if it fits.

MustangGuy
May 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'll check it out - thanks!

adouglas
May 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Nice.

Last weekend I rode the '12 650 as well as your exact bike at a Kawi demo day.

Walked in thinking the 650 made the most sense as my next bike and walked out knowing that I'm getting a supersport. The difference is that great.

Hopping on a 650 is like jumping into a new, nice family sedan. Does everything it should and can be fun to drive in its own way, but you can tell it's a mainstream machine. Riding the ZX6 was like getting into a Porsche. A whole different experience.

To me, the 650 felt just like riding a great big Vespa. Very quiet, very polite. Sewing-machine-like.

The ZX6 was much more refined in its feel. It didn't show the kind of on-the-edge, snatchy beastliness I expected while riding around on the street. You could tell there was a lot of potential there, though....

One thing I noticed was that in the real world, the ZX6 ergos were better than I thought they'd be. Sitting on that bike in the showroom, it felt a bit tall for me. In the real world, much better.

Jiggles
May 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
The Ninja 650 and 1000 are more of a sport touring class of bikes. Heavy on the sport, light on the touring.

LV_Jillan
May 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! :thumbup:

xSean13
May 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
2012 zx6r. SO excited to put some miles on it. Still keeping the 250 as well :D

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay: base price & OTD? A dealership near me has a sale price on the 2011 zx6r & I'm trying to determine how good a deal it is.

Ninja Justin
May 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thank all of you for the information, now when i upgrade. i know NOT to get the 650 :)

Jiggles
May 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thank all of you for the information, now when i upgrade. i know NOT to get the 650 :)

:eek: Why not?! The 650 is awesome!

austexjg
May 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
If you didn't feel the "beast" in the ZX6R, you were not really trying. Over 12k this bike is amazing.

Xoulrath
May 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
If you didn't feel the "beast" in the ZX6R, you were not really trying. Over 12k this bike is amazing.12K? Hell, if you're in the green part of the tach, the bike is amazing. But yeah, it pulls like it's going to reverse the rotation of the earth once you pass the double digits on the tach. This 600 is stout; I can't even imagine how hard a liter bike pulls. I think I need a liter bike now (NO, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED A LITER BIKE - which means I'll somehow end up with one in a year).

Alex
May 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
This 600 is stout; I can't even imagine how hard a liter bike pulls.

Mo betta.

MustangGuy
May 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I guess it all depends on what you want your riding experience to be. I don't equate my 650 with a family sedan (boring) or vespa (LOL) but it is more of a standard all-around bike. It is definitely a whole lot more than a 250 in every way (no offense to 250's because they are great bikes too) plus it's smooth and predictable and still has plenty of power. I haven't ridden it on any trips longer than an hour, but I'm sure I'd be comfortable on it for a whole day of riding. For me, it's definitely a great commuter bike as well as something I could take on a day trip. Truthfully I've never ridden a liter bike or any supersport but that's probably a good thing because I know how I am with my GT Mustang! Since I've been riding my new (to me) Firebolt, I have a better perspective on the Ninja. The 'bolt is not a supersport but it is a loud, brash, quick handling, torquey bike that is a totally different riding experience than the 650. Hmm, maybe I DO need a ZX6R to have any even better perspective..... :-)

EvnEvn724
December 14th, 2012, 05:59 PM
SORRY GUYS! I totally forgot about my thread here! I have about 6k miles on the bike now and still in love with this bike.

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay: base price & OTD? A dealership near me has a sale price on the 2011 zx6r & I'm trying to determine how good a deal it is.

The dealer wanted $11,905 for it, I walked in with a check for 10,500 and got the deal plus a free 600 mile service.

I have a buddy who just got a 650 and he loves it. I took it for a spin and it is like sitting on a couch with comfort haha. I wish I could make my seat as comfy.

12K? Hell, if you're in the green part of the tach, the bike is amazing. But yeah, it pulls like it's going to reverse the rotation of the earth once you pass the double digits on the tach. This 600 is stout; I can't even imagine how hard a liter bike pulls. I think I need a liter bike now (NO, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED A LITER BIKE - which means I'll somehow end up with one in a year).

haha I feel ya man, I cannot imagine owning a liter bike. I took out my buddy's CBR929 last fall and good lord, WAY too much power. Never got out of second gear riding through town.

I guess it all depends on what you want your riding experience to be. I don't equate my 650 with a family sedan (boring) or vespa (LOL) but it is more of a standard all-around bike. It is definitely a whole lot more than a 250 in every way (no offense to 250's because they are great bikes too) plus it's smooth and predictable and still has plenty of power. I haven't ridden it on any trips longer than an hour, but I'm sure I'd be comfortable on it for a whole day of riding. For me, it's definitely a great commuter bike as well as something I could take on a day trip. Truthfully I've never ridden a liter bike or any supersport but that's probably a good thing because I know how I am with my GT Mustang! Since I've been riding my new (to me) Firebolt, I have a better perspective on the Ninja. The 'bolt is not a supersport but it is a loud, brash, quick handling, torquey bike that is a totally different riding experience than the 650. Hmm, maybe I DO need a ZX6R to have any even better perspective..... :-)

Ya the 650 is a great commuter bike. I know a few guys that have them and they love them. Maybe you do need a zx6r :D

thisisbenji
December 14th, 2012, 08:20 PM
We should go try to hit up lake Bloomington when it gets nice out.

EvnEvn724
December 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
We should go try to hit up lake Bloomington when it gets nice out.

For sure man! Sounds like a plan.