View Full Version : T.S.I.Y.O.O.T.P.T.R.T. - Thread!

VeX
December 3rd, 2008, 12:35 AM
The Super Important Yet Often Overlooked Thread Pertaining To Random Thoughts:

It took a lot of brainstorming, but I think that's probably the best name for this thread. I figure there ought to be a thread for random thoughts or conversations that don't fit into the regular "topic" construct (yes even in the "Off-Topic" forum).

... So I was going to post that I got my ZX-6R master-cylinder and lever in and was waiting on the reservoir next before I started taking things apart. I didn't want to create a whole thread just for that little update, so I justified it with creating THIS thread to post such random thoughts! :thumbup:

kkim
December 3rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
lol... :thumbup:

what are you doing with it? why the need to change?

VeX
December 3rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
lol... :thumbup:

what are you doing with it? why the need to change?

Well it didn't occur to me at first. Then a friend with a CBR was commenting how sloppy the quality of the levers were. I'm not talking about the slack in the clutch cable, but just large tolerances in both levers. SO I was going to change out the clutch cable (just requires an EX500 perch and then you can throw ZX-6R Pazzo levers on. As for the brake side though there is no "easy fix". Soooo long story short I had been keeping an eye out for a reasonably priced master-cylinder from a ZX bike to try out. Well lucky me Dageorge from KF was selling a bunch of 2007-2007 ZX-6R parts. He actually had a damn near brand new Nissin M/C with the adjustable lever (double bonus). The only thing missing is the reservoir (curses!).

That and it should stiffen up the front brakes having a master cylinder that was meant for TWO calipers pumping fluid to just one. I think it might not only benefit me to have some Galfer SS braided lines (aesthetically, but longevity and performance-wise as well) with a 90 degree bend (the mounting is on the bottom of the M/C instead of the side now)... But I digress!:D

kkim
December 3rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
you really feel the bike needs more braking power??? ... seems fine to me, but i guess if i raced it would be a diff story. interested to hear how it all turns out.

been so lazy lately.. haven't even gotten around to tearing the bike down to drill the slides. :o

VeX
December 3rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
you really feel the bike needs more braking power??? ... seems fine to me, but i guess if i raced it would be a diff story. interested to hear how it all turns out.

been so lazy lately.. haven't even gotten around to tearing the bike down to drill the slides. :o

Lordy! I'm kind of psyched. This is one of the first things I have planned that doesn't require a bunch of parts to come off! :p Normally it's like this:

A) Re-jet (fairings, tank, etc have to come off)
B) Remove Air-filter box (EVERYTHING comes off)
C) Drill slides (fairings, tank, etc have to come off)
D) Install alarm (farings + lots of other panels have to come off

... New master cylinder (Remove old master cylinder) :thumbup:

kkim
December 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM
Lordy! I'm kind of psyched. This is one of the first things I have planned that doesn't require a bunch of parts to come off! :p Normally it's like this:

A) Re-jet (fairings, tank, etc have to come off)
B) Remove Air-filter box (EVERYTHING comes off)
C) Drill slides (fairings, tank, etc have to come off)
D) Install alarm (farings + lots of other panels have to come off

... New master cylinder (Remove old master cylinder) :thumbup:

take pics when you do the install. curious to see how bleeding the line goes. I've always have had a phobia about bleeding motorcycle lines. :eek: Air just seems to get trapped in the weirdest places and the lever pressure is never as firm as it comes from the factory.

when are the parts supposed to show up?

VeX
December 3rd, 2008, 01:35 AM
take pics when you do the install. curious to see how bleeding the line goes. I've always have had a phobia about bleeding motorcycle lines. :eek: Air just seems to get trapped in the weirdest places and the lever pressure is never as firm as it comes from the factory.

when are the parts supposed to show up?

Well I'll do a write-up on it :lol: . As for bleeding it should be cake. Gotta love the super sports! There's literally a bleeder valve ON the master-cylinder. The main problem I've found from bleeding clutches and brakes are micro-bubbles. Lots of tapping and braking cycles gets the bubbles to rise, so usage helps! I have the master cylinder (I'll post a pic of it later today). I'm waiting on a reservoir from a ZX-7R (It should fit fine) and then it'll be good to go.

kkim
December 3rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
Well I'll do a write-up on it :lol: . As for bleeding it should be cake. Gotta love the super sports! There's literally a bleeder valve ON the master-cylinder. The main problem I've found from bleeding clutches and brakes are micro-bubbles. Lots of tapping and braking cycles gets the bubbles to rise, so usage helps! I have the master cylinder (I'll post a pic of it later today). I'm waiting on a reservoir from a ZX-7R (It should fit fine) and then it'll be good to go.

:cool: cool... another DIY. :D

I think the problem in the old days, on the dirt bikes, the brake line used to exit down, then loop back up. You could never push the bubbles downhill and they were always stuck in the calipers unless you took the MC off and put it lower than the caliper to bleed. :(

i have no problems with cars... it's just bikes that I have a problem with. lemme know how it goes and if the braking leverage increases w/ the new MC.

where the hell did you get this idea from?

VeX
December 5th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Yup yup. I emailed one of Galfer's distributors about getting a new brake hose, but the master cylinder connection needs to be at a 90 degree angle instead of straight (The ZX6r M/C connects on the bottom). The distributor emailed me back saying it took her a while to figure out exactly what I was trying to do (ALL I need is a regular hose, but one banjo fitting just needs to be a 90 degree fitting instead of a straight fitting :lol: )...

She gave me Galfer's phone number and said I have to go through them for custom brake lines. Sheesh! It's always the simple things. :D

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 03:53 AM
how long is that going to take? :rolleyes:

camaroz1985
December 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM
You could make your own line if you really wanted, but that will probably be more expensive.

VeX
December 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
You could make your own line if you really wanted, but that will probably be more expensive.

Yeah it would :p I have an assortment of stainless braided AN lines lying around as well... But then like you said it would wind up more expensive. That and through Galfer the lines are coated (which is a big concern) and the banjo fittings come with a variety of colors. So I can get a blue tinted hose and a black anodized fittings. It should look purdy :thumbup:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM
i love....lamp

VeX
December 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
i love....lamp
I'd love for my fist to be in your FACE! :brick:

ehhh I means, "I love chair" :thumbup:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
nice use of the smileys there bud
but i think this one fits you best :D

:bunnycake:

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
friday night... who's drinkin what?? I'm buyin'...

http://www.strykowski.net/zdjecia_wody_fotografia/haineken_heineken_65.jpg

Ahhhhh!!! :yumyum:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
friday night... who's drinkin what?? I'm buyin'...

http://www.strykowski.net/zdjecia_wody_fotografia/haineken_heineken_65.jpg

Ahhhhh!!! :yumyum:

well shoot if you paying then uh....

http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/189patron_silver.jpg ?

haha jk

probably just sit around with the brother and be cheap again...

http://www.maletis.com/images/products/budlight36pack.png

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:30 PM
hey, drink the cheap stuff with your brother... that's cool, but while online, live a little.

:cheers:

noche_caliente
December 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
well shoot if you paying then uh....

http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/189patron_silver.jpg ?

haha jk

probably just sit around with the brother and be cheap again...

http://www.maletis.com/images/products/budlight36pack.png
Good thing this is a virtual drink seeing as you JUST posted that you're 19... :nono:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Good thing this is a virtual drink seeing as you JUST posted that you're 19... :nono:

Eh sue me :rolleyes:

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM

cheeze it... it's the cyber cops/moms. :whistle:

and what are you having, my dear ??? something loaded with alcohol, I hope?? :eyebrows:

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Eh sue me :rolleyes:

who the hell are you??? wasn't i jus talkin with that 250 somethin' fella? :suspicious:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM

LMAO!!!!!! that is an epic smiley!

noche_caliente
December 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM

and what are you having, my dear ??? something loaded with alcohol, I hope?? :eyebrows:
Trying to get me drunk so you can take advantage of me? HAAAAA! Not going to happen :) I don't drink except on the very rare occasion - I'll stick with ginger ale please, thanks!

http://www.realgingerale.com/images/f2-b1.jpg

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Trying to get me drunk so you can take advantage of me? HAAAAA! Not going to happen :) I don't drink except on the very rare occasion - I'll stick with ginger ale please, thanks!

http://www.realgingerale.com/images/f2-b1.jpg

Sure, let me pour that for you behind this bar... heh, heh...:evil6:

ooops, clumsy me... careful... I may have spilled some rum in there by mistake while I was a pourin'. :faint:

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM
LMAO!!!!!! that is an epic smiley! you should check out the smilies that Alex has assembled.. they are awesome! freshen that up for ya? :bartend2:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM
who the hell are you??? wasn't i jus talkin with that 250 somethin' fella? :suspicious:

I am TwoHundred50R i just decided to use my regular screenname in zee forums :D

you should check out the smilies that Alex has assembled.. they are awesome! freshen that up for ya? :bartend2:

:thewave::jumping30::jumping40::jumping20:

oh wow Im gunna have a blasty blast on this forum! haha

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I am TwoHundred50R i just decided to use my regular screenname in zee forums :D

:thewave::jumping30::jumping40::jumping20:

oh wow Im gunna have a blasty blast on this forum! haha
oh,oh... looks like I just kid the kid loose in the candy store!! :banghead:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
oh,oh... looks like I just kid the kid loose in the candy store!! :banghead:

tehe:allhail: all hail the smileys :D

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 08:30 PM
tehe:allhail: all hail the smileys :D

put the smilies down and get back to your drink... :drunk1:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
going to get it now actually ! signing off :wave:

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
:partytime20: party on!

vonbeezy
December 6th, 2008, 02:48 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/dq6phv.jpg

VeX
December 6th, 2008, 05:24 AM
nice use of the smileys there bud
but i think this one fits you best :D

:bunnycake:
Whaaat? This one is all me: :asshat:
Ruh-Roh! You're busted. Looks like you have another 2-years of being a tea-totaler :tea:

And Patron is an expensive way to get a nasty hangover and a permanent distaste for tequila... You'll see :D

:partytime20: party on!
:whoo: I need to pick up some tasty lager's or porters :thumbup:

VeX
December 8th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Whoa! I just noticed Bone_Head lives in Jensen Beach :) I used to pass through Jensen Beach a LOT (I lived in Stuart, Florida for years)...

It seems that 99% of people on the forums from Florida are from like Daytona, Miami, Gainsville, Tallehasse, etc. Hrmm

(Random thought for the minute)

Kurosaki
December 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
What is going on in this thread?

kkim
December 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
anything that pops into your head...

Alex
December 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
If you have to ask.... :bunnycake:

VeX
December 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
A little bit of partying is a what is going on over here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

kkim
December 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
A little bit of partying is a what is going on over here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

daz pretty funnay... :loco:

Kurosaki
December 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
anything that pops into your head...

refrigerator

toku
December 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Team Pro-Motion or Nesba? Both run at Summit Point and Pocono, Nesba runs at some track in Jersey too though. Membership price is about the same, unless you get the super expensive memberships at Pro-Motion. Trackdays are a little cheaper with Pro-Motion then Nesba but it seems as if you get more member perks with Nesba. Basically it comes down to the rider coaches. So which is better and why?

VeX
December 8th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Team Pro-Motion or Nesba? Both run at Summit Point and Pocono, Nesba runs at some track in Jersey too though. Membership price is about the same, unless you get the super expensive memberships at Pro-Motion. Trackdays are a little cheaper with Pro-Motion then Nesba but it seems as if you get more member perks with Nesba. Basically it comes down to the rider coaches. So which is better and why?

Ehhh option C?

vonbeezy
December 9th, 2008, 02:20 AM
i just ate a grape and i jizzed in my pants...

no but seriously im still in the library and its 4:19 AM, been here since 2:00 PM yesterday... not really studying at all anymore now im just kinda exploring and stealing items from the random people asleep on different floors

VeX
December 9th, 2008, 04:22 AM
i just ate a grape and i jizzed in my pants...

no but seriously im still in the library and its 4:19 AM, been here since 2:00 PM yesterday... not really studying at all anymore now im just kinda exploring and stealing items from the random people asleep on different floors

My alarm clock went off and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!
:D

Stealing random things? You should take things from people and put it next to people across from those people. So when those people wake up they're like, "Hey dickhead! That's mine!"

With any luck you can stir up a fight or two ;)

VeX
December 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Good luck for those who don't feel like going to work tomorrow! Just call in gay!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/calling_in_gay (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/calling_in_gay)

I think I'm going to try this one!

vonbeezy
December 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
You should take things from people and put it next to people across from those people. So when those people wake up they're like, "Hey dickhead! That's mine!"

With any luck you can stir up a fight or two ;)

not the kind of people in the library im at

Dirty_Dutchman
December 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I would just like to say, Good luck, and we're all counting on you!

VeX
December 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I would just like to say, Good luck, and we're all counting on you!

:clapping: I don't hear enough Airplane references. I SALUTE you sir!

HKr1
December 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Good luck for those who don't feel like going to work tomorrow! Just call in gay!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/calling_in_gay (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/ap_on_re_us/calling_in_gay)

I think I'm going to try this one!

We just heard about that today! Couple people in the shop called in sick, you bet there gonna hear about it tomorrow :)

"You ever seen a grown man naked" :reindeer:

VeX
December 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
So I finally got an email from Galfer and it looks like I got someone who wasn't over thinking the brake line thing :D .

The conversation went something like this, "Sooo you want a 250r front brake line with a 90 degree bend on the M/C side?"

"Yes! That's all I'm asking"

"Well that's easy. I'll just make ONE note on the order and it'll be an additional $5)

"Sold! :thumbup: "

camaroz1985
December 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Good news! Now put it on and take some pictures.

Are these going to be blue with black fittings?

VeX
December 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Good news! Now put it on and take some pictures.

Are these going to be blue with black fittings?

I was going to do the blue with black fittings, but I guess that costs extra? So I think it's blue with silver fittings :D

Dirty_Dutchman
December 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Only THE best comedy... ever...
By the way Vex this is the former dirkabegone:thumbup:

aloh
December 11th, 2008, 02:00 AM
wut

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Only THE best comedy... ever...
By the way Vex this is the former dirkabegone:thumbup:

:confused40: !! Where had you disappeared to??

kkim
December 11th, 2008, 02:52 AM
you'll be surprised what you find when you look under rocks! :whistle:

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 03:09 AM
you'll be surprised what you find when you look under rocks! :whistle:
:peep:

Peekaboo!

kkim
December 11th, 2008, 03:11 AM
:peep:

Peekaboo!

lol... speaking of what you find when looking under rocks... how you doing? :der:

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hahaha ... I'm goooood . I should get my Galfer brake line in tomorrow (technically today) so I'm rather excited about that. :thumbup:

kkim
December 11th, 2008, 03:26 AM
needless to say, take pics. Curious to see how much of a diff it makes in stopping power.

how's the bike been running, otherwise?

Dirty_Dutchman
December 11th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Just been very busy. Between work, and keeping up with all my other hobbies. Flaming kids kinda got pushed to the side.:D
But not much has changed, exxcept getting a pay raise :-)

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 10:42 AM
needless to say, take pics. Curious to see how much of a diff it makes in stopping power.

how's the bike been running, otherwise?
It's been spinning like a top! :D Since the weather has cooled down at nights the 112 jets are really performing. I have to give some mean oral... Presentation in my Spanish class tonight, but tonight I'll probably get started putting everything together (got some shiny new batteries for the camera :D )

Just been very busy. Between work, and keeping up with all my other hobbies. Flaming kids kinda got pushed to the side.:D
But not much has changed, exxcept getting a pay raise :-)

Now if you could only blend the two... Imagine getting a pay raise for flaming kids? Your guidance counsler in high school was holding back the COOL jobs!

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Just got the Galfer line in! I'll probably get started tonight after class with this... I'm like a 4 year old and I've already torn open the packaging and played with the line. I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the hose! It's exactly like I wanted it, TINY, and for something I 'custom' ordered yesterday at like 11am and received today around 3pm? Can't beat that! :thumbup:

It fits up to the ZX-6R master cylinder like buttah and includes new crush washers and banjo bolts... :D

kkim
December 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Just got the Galfer line in! I'll probably get started tonight after class with this... I'm like a 4 year old and I've already torn open the packaging and played with the line. I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the hose! It's exactly like I wanted it, TINY, and for something I 'custom' ordered yesterday at like 11am and received today around 3pm? Can't beat that! :thumbup:

It fits up to the ZX-6R master cylinder like buttah and includes new crush washers and banjo bolts... :D

ah... new toys!
:jumping20:

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
^^^ kkim, is it just me, or is your .gif in your signature not animated anymore? By the looks of it your little guy is not moving and I keep waiting for gravity to take over! :eek:

Alex
December 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
^^^ kkim, is it just me,

Still working for me. :idunno: try a shift-refresh of the browser and I bet the motorcycle gets into gear again...

VeX
December 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Still working for me. :idunno: try a shift-refresh of the browser and I bet the motorcycle gets into gear again...

:allhail:

Thanks :) I was literally staring at it for the past 10 minutes waiting for him to fall over!! :eek:

vonbeezy
December 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
:allhail:

Thanks :) I was literally staring at it for the past 10 minutes waiting for him to fall over!! :eek:

lol no life, get those PICS UP!

kkim
December 12th, 2008, 09:13 AM
mornin, peeps. :coffee:

I see Vex up early... working on the brakes, yet?

VeX
December 12th, 2008, 10:15 AM
mornin, peeps. :coffee:

I see Vex up early... working on the brakes, yet?

I was going to do it last night, but I was tired :kittynap:

Sooo this morning I'm up, ate, and about to get to the garage! :thumbup:

kkim
December 12th, 2008, 10:18 AM
GL... I'll check back later... getting ready to go home from work and then :kittynap:

Syphen
December 19th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Massive snowstorm.

2 feet on the ground.

Buuut it is a friday night. Plan on drinking, and playing xbox because i'm snowed in.

http://www.creativematch.co.uk/Images/gaymer300.jpg
It has a stupid name but really is a good drink.

Left 4 Dead anyone? awesome game.

VeX
December 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah! The rain we've had here in So Cal as of late has seen the temperatures drop. Hell last night coming home from finals my neck was very chilly. I might have to sport a scarf or something.

Syphen
December 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah! The rain we've had here in So Cal as of late has seen the temperatures drop. Hell last night coming home from finals my neck was very chilly. I might have to sport a scarf or something.

Lucky you.

Well, I only had to snow-blow the drive way 2 times today.

In other news, I'm currently drunk and need to go to sleep.

I got the driver side door back for the 1975 Triumph TR-6 that i'm restoring now. Looks AWESOME. It was a junker that i picked up for $50 and had at the body shop.

Ah well, bed time. I'll be around hung-over tomorrow. :thumbup:

kkim
December 19th, 2008, 11:48 PM
CG!!! :D

how you doin, girl???

VeX
December 22nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Sooo Kelly... My pops is a world traveler and my family goes on vacations every year or so. They've all been out to Hawaii a couple of times, but I haven't been. I'm deathly afraid of flying and so I always pass up the trips.

Well anywho, this March they're going out to Hawaii again and I'm 'invited' to go and am thinking about going. The choices are between Honolulu and the main island I think. If I were to vacation in Hawaii WHERE should I go?

kkim
December 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Sooo Kelly... My pops is a world traveler and my family goes on vacations every year or so. They've all been out to Hawaii a couple of times, but I haven't been. I'm deathly afraid of flying and so I always pass up the trips.

Well anywho, this March they're going out to Hawaii again and I'm 'invited' to go and am thinking about going. The choices are between Honolulu and the main island I think. If I were to vacation in Hawaii WHERE should I go?

Whoo Hooo!! TJ!! :D

Depends what you want to see/do... the Hawaii visitors bureau version of what Hawaii should be like or the real Hawaii that visitors never see?

Honolulu is on the main island of Oahu. Any of the other outer islands are less congested and more natural than Oahu, but have less in the way of prepackaged visitor fun.

What is it you want to do, then I can make recommendations?

CaliGirl
December 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hello my peoples!! Finals are over and I am getting ready to destress!! :D

Alex
December 22nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
:fullband: and/or :partytime10:, your choice! :thumbup:

kkim
December 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM

:D or...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10119948A~Hawaii-Calls-Posters.jpg

CaliGirl
December 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
^^ Sooooo tempting!

VeX
December 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Whoo Hooo!! TJ!! :D

Depends what you want to see/do... the Hawaii visitors bureau version of what Hawaii should be like or the real Hawaii that visitors never see?

Honolulu is on the main island of Oahu. Any of the other outer islands are less congested and more natural than Oahu, but have less in the way of prepackaged visitor fun.

What is it you want to do, then I can make recommendations?
Well I'm really into history, so I want to see the U.S.S. Arizona and the historical stuffs at Pearl Harbor... I also want to kick back and maybe see the scenery. I'm not looking to go buck wild to bars and get overly shnockered...

I'll start to look into it more to see what's out there, but I was just looking for a little insider info! :thumbup:

Hell yeah! You'll have to come out of that place you've been disappearing for the past several months :D

:dancecool::happy70::happy10::music::nod::partytime20::rad::runaway3::whoo: :wobble:

kkim
December 22nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Well I'm really into history, so I want to see the U.S.S. Arizona and the historical stuffs at Pearl Harbor... I also want to kick back and maybe see the scenery. I'm not looking to go buck wild to bars and get overly shnockered...

I'll start to look into it more to see what's out there, but I was just looking for a little insider info! :thumbup:

Stay on Oahu so you can see those sights and take the tours... consider hopping a flight over from Oahu to Kauai (fares are relatively cheap inter island now due to a price war) or if you are into Hawaiian history, the Big Island is full of Hawaiiana and also has the volcano erupting.

Sailariel
December 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
When I was in Vietnam as a Medic in 1969, we had a great drink called a Purple Jeezus--It was 4oz. medicinal alcohol (120 proof) and 4oz Welch`s Grape Juice. Robert Welch liked the 173Rd Airborne and sent us Grape Juice by the pallet. We became famous for that drink. I am glad I spent little time at the base camp because otherwise my liver would be at the Smithsonian as a door stop.

VeX
December 22nd, 2008, 04:05 PM
The American military... Creating crafy alcoholic beverages since 1777 :D

All my military friends seem like bartenders and I often wonder if that's one of the weeks in basic training or boot camp! :salute2:

kkim
December 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
All my military friends seem like bartenders and I often wonder if that's one of the weeks in basic training or boot camp! :salute2:

join up and find out! :D

aloh
December 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
just came here to say that drunken rock band parties are insane :crazyloco:

Sailariel
December 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM
The only time I drink is at home, on my boat after it is securely anchored for the night, and only one drink when I am out. That probably accounts for 50 years accident and ticket free driving.

VeX
December 24th, 2008, 01:56 PM
just came here to say that drunken rock band parties are insane :crazyloco:

There's an inverse relationship to how well I can play and how much I've had to drink. Literally I'll do the drums and wail away to some Rush. After 2-3 beers my percentages go down. After 5-6 beers It's like I'm playing the drums to a song that's not even playing :eek:

kkim
December 24th, 2008, 01:58 PM
After 5-6 beers It's like I'm playing the drums to a song that's not even playing :eek:

yeah, but I bet it sounds better to you, too. :)

NJD022588
December 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM
You're just adding little bit of your own style that the game isnt picking up on. :D

For me, the song isnt recognizable after 0 beers. I suck at those games.

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Dahhh I caved :p I ordered an EX500 clutch perch ($10 via eBay!) so I could switch over to some aftermarket levers, but had been hankering on getting clip-ons. So with the money I got from Santa Claus this year I decided against dropping $180 on some Pazzo levers... And ordered some clip-ons for $105 with free shipping!

I was going to do like CajunTLR and CRXTrek and do the SV650 clip-ons, but I thought I'd search to see if any other bikes had 36mm fork tubes: Well I came across THIS seller via eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/rockwallbodywork_CLIP-ONS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1033873018QQftidZ2QQtZkm (http://stores.ebay.com/rockwallbodywork_CLIP-ONS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1033873018QQftidZ2QQtZkm)

The quality appears top notch and there is full adjustability so I figured it was a good compromise and requires no shimming :) This makes me happy.

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 04:13 AM
how the hell do you know if that's going to fit just by looking at it? :confused:

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 04:28 AM
how the hell do you know if that's going to fit just by looking at it? :confused:

magic! :D They're for 36mm diameter fork tubes and maintain an 8 degree angle... That and they're listed FOR the 250r so I'd say that's a good indicator. If they don't fit (which I don't immediately see why not) then I can return them and say, "False advertising!" :p

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 04:32 AM
but, don't the SV clipons work because of the rise to them? I see no rise in the ones you listed.... maybe I'm missing something.

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 04:39 AM
No you're right about that. The SV clip-ons raise up about an inch so when one side is all the way back it doesn't contact the fairing... If you mount it (wisely) beneath the top triple tree clamp... Then I saw Broom do this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/3081998241_822eba486b.jpg
and thought, "****, you may have to move the fork tubes up a SMIDGE which would lessen the trail a wee-bit, but it'd work".

... (Yes, that's literally how I think)

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 04:44 AM
so, how much lower than stock does that actually end up?

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Not a lot. It appears that 'safely' it'll lower then about 2 inches BUT it you can swivel them slightly more forward which carries the most difference. I didn't want something extreme like the ZX-6R's (which feel like you have to lay over the gas tank and crook your back all the time), but wanted a little more forward lean. The nice thing about this is you can more or less adjust them.

So if I feel like I'm leaning too much then I can swivel them back a tad... If all else fails and in the future I find I'm hating them I could probably re-sell them on eBay for a good $60 and really only be out the $45 difference...

Unlike some OTHER purchases *cough* stand-core Area-P vs. a quiet core *cough* in which hits the pocketbook a lot harder!

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 04:52 AM
cool... be sure to post the results. :)

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Will do!

(btw: What the heck are you doing up so late?) :p

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 05:01 AM
pot??? kettle???? which are you???

just got through work and thought I'd cruise the board for awhile... you?

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Welp stupid me, I got home from the gym about 2 hours ago and out of habit I made a FULL kettle of tea instead of maybe 1/2. So albeit white tea (no caffeine) I'll be tinkling for the next hour or so! :doh:

Soooo I'm playing catch-up on Ninjette as I haven't been around so much the past couple of days!

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 05:09 AM
what have you been up to? has the rain stopped there, yet?

freakin rain here will just not go away. It's lightened up a great deal from last week, but it won't stop long enough for me to go riding! :mad:

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah the rain FINALLY stopped! There was like a day last week where it stopped and I was getting ready to go out, and WHAMMY more rain! This week I look forward to getting out and about. I haven't put but maybe 5 miles on the bike in the past 2 weeks (did finals and then had no where or nothing to do) :p

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 05:13 AM
lol.. that must be torture on a real fussbudget like you. :lol:

CRXTrek
December 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Dahhh I caved :p I ordered an EX500 clutch perch ($10 via eBay!) so I could switch over to some aftermarket levers, but had been hankering on getting clip-ons. So with the money I got from Santa Claus this year I decided against dropping $180 on some Pazzo levers... And ordered some clip-ons for $105 with free shipping!

I was going to do like CajunTLR and CRXTrek and do the SV650 clip-ons, but I thought I'd search to see if any other bikes had 36mm fork tubes: Well I came across THIS seller via eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/rockwallbodywork_CLIP-ONS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1033873018QQftidZ2QQtZkm (http://stores.ebay.com/rockwallbodywork_CLIP-ONS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1033873018QQftidZ2QQtZkm)

The quality appears top notch and there is full adjustability so I figured it was a good compromise and requires no shimming This makes me happy.
Sorry to tell you...our forks are 37mm not 36mm :nono:
Also after changing mine. The turn in is much faster..i don't know if it's a leverage thing or weight tranfer to front wheel..but i wouldn't lower the frontend with clipons. Find some SV's or wait for Woodcraft :decision:

Sailariel
December 30th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I`m not under the alcofluence of incohol as many think`ll peep I am.

kkim
December 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I`m not under the alcofluence of incohol as many think`ll peep I am.

I'll drink to that!!
:drinkpals:

VeX
December 30th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry to tell you...our forks are 37mm not 36mm :nono:
Also after changing mine. The turn in is much faster..i don't know if it's a leverage thing or weight tranfer to front wheel..but i wouldn't lower the frontend with clipons. Find some SV's or wait for Woodcraft :decision:

Well I measured them with dial calipers and it read about 36.5mm It wasn't quite 37mm (I figured you could spread the clip-ons .5 mm :p . As for the lowering it'll lessen the trail a wee-bit which in turn will make it turn faster (in my case). It'd be at par of increasing the pre-load really.

VeX
January 4th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Righto, got the clip-ons in today and got them on :) I'll have to find my camera and take a picture of it (possibly soon?).

It really adds a bit sportier of a look to things and I like the initial feel. I'll have to go for a quick jaunt later in the day and give an 'impression'. The only real probs was in (go figure) the master cylinder :p . The banjo bolt slightly contacts the black plastic cowling and will require some notching. That and when you turn the bars all the way to the left or the right you can't really FULLY use the levers as they come close to the windscreen area. This would only really be an issue on slow speed manuevering so shouldn't be an issue. Oh wells

kkim
January 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
cool... pictures would be :thumbup:

VeX
January 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Ohhh doggy. Another quick jaunt to the gym this evening and my oh my does the bike handle night and day. It's weird!

With the forward position and all CRXTrek's not kidding the bike does turn faster. That and the position is so much more 'natural' feeling that hitting turns feels smoother. I approve!

CRXTrek
January 5th, 2009, 01:48 AM
:whathesaid:
I'd never go back stock.
I can't wait for spring and getting
my BT-090's on

VeX
January 5th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Steve are you going through an identity crisis? First your avatar disappears and now your signature! :o!

CRXTrek
January 5th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Twelve days off for holiday break :eek:

? i'd like to get a speedometer dial face that has
the MPH and KPH in oppisites .Do you know where to
order ? Maybe canadian?
That 120MPH limit is the last thing that really
shows that this bike is a snail

VeX
January 5th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Hrmm I don't know. Perhaps from a UK bike? I checked eBay real quick and no luck. It's not cheap, but the aftermarket digital gauges are sweet looking and since they're digital they don't convey a 'maximum' speed :p

I was considering doing this, but it costs money :)

CRXTrek
January 5th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Maybe could get a face screen printed

VeX
January 5th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Hrrmmm not a bad idea. They're present for damn near all the SS bikes, perhaps someone would make or consider making one for the ninjette?

VeX
May 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM
So with the '08+ 250r's we only have one adjustment suspension-wise (the rear preload). I was thinking after my last outing up to L.A. that I should check/adjust the rear sag. Would anyone be interested in a DIY for that?

Alex
May 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if it warrants a stand-alone DIY, but it would be a nice addition to the existing "how to adjust your preload" diy (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11956).

VeX
May 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Ah, will do! Thanks Alex.

i916it
May 11th, 2009, 11:16 PM
So with the '08+ 250r's we only have one adjustment suspension-wise (the rear preload). I was thinking after my last outing up to L.A. that I should check/adjust the rear sag. Would anyone be interested in a DIY for that?

I would, I have no idea how you would do that though.

VeX
May 11th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Touche ;) Well considering to adjust the sag on the factory 250r's rear shock ('08+) you adjust the preload it does fit in that thread. The trick is in the measuring of it (which I'll chronicle and pop in that thread) :D

i916it
May 11th, 2009, 11:33 PM
^That would be fantastic because I have no idea how to do anything besides rotating the iron plate around the rear shock.