View Full Version : Helmet/jacket

checho323
April 25th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Hey guys,

Do you generally try and match your helmet and jacket as far as brand? Just curious.

Mocha Man
April 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'd like to, but I generally just go for the best deal...

I is cheapskate

Liist
April 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
A lot of the helmet companies don't make jackets.

I ended up getting a black bike so it wasn't hard to match my gear with black.

Mocha Man
April 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
A lot of the helmet companies don't make jackets.

I was thinking this as well. Although Scorpion makes some really nice helmets and jackets. Unfortunately, I don't have the right head shape to fit into Scorpion helmets so I'm buying mostly Joe Rocket gear now and have an AFX helmet.

....Not that you probably care about what I wear :p

Malicious Logic
April 25th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I plan to. Already have my Icon helmet and then found an Icon Jacket that I really liked that also had some good reviews. Looking at Icon gloves too. As for pants and boots, those will probably be different brands.

Liist
April 26th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I was thinking this as well. Although Scorpion makes some really nice helmets and jackets. Unfortunately, I don't have the right head shape to fit into Scorpion helmets so I'm buying mostly Joe Rocket gear now and have an AFX helmet.

....Not that you probably care about what I wear :p

I got my RF-1100 based solely on it was the only helmet at the store that fit my head and I just got my Ninjette.

I care about what you wear, or at least the recommendation you have on the brand in the long run. I could do with a quality leather jacket.

jack_bm
April 26th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I try to get my jacket and trousers the same brand as normally you can zip them together. But its already been said but helmet company's don't tend to make jackets

edxmon
April 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I just wen't for the best deal and happened to get almost precisely matching color schemes but the brands are different. You'd think they were MADE to match though
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/HJC-CL-SP-PHOENIX.jpg
http://images.leatherup.com/imagesproc/56765_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

THE BIG SITT
April 26th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Someone is anal like me!!! I was planning on it, but then I wasn't thrilled with my ago gloves, so I'm just going all A*s with and AGV lid. But there no way I'd mix and match my jacket and gloves/boots/pants. I'm just anal like that...

gfloyd2002
April 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Nope. The best jacket companies don't make helmets and the best helmet companies don't make jackets. I don't want a company that'll slap its label on anything - I want someone that has expertise and focus on what they do well. Apparel and helmet manufacture are very different.

TnNinjaGirl
April 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM
What, Floyd? You mean you don't want to wear a $50 jacket and a $60 helmet to protect your bodily assets?

As Jay Leno said "you wouldn't want to put a three hundred dollar helmet on a ten cent head."

NicoleH28
April 26th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I do, I have all Icon stuff.

Malicious Logic
April 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Lol, gotta love the over the top attitudes on this forum.

greenenvie
April 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Lol, gotta love the over the top attitudes on this forum.
seems to get worst the more I visit.

I actually bought a yellow jacket and yellow helmet first to been seen better(both scorpion). Then found a bike. The best deal on a bike just happened to be a yellow one as well. :rolleyes:

checho323
April 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I have a Scorpion Jacket and HJC helmet. I'm helmet shopping right now and I'm not sure if to get a Scorpion helmet which I really like some or something else.:confused:

NathanUc
April 27th, 2012, 01:22 AM
No, matching color jacket and helmets are for losers.

Falcor
April 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
No, matching color jacket and helmets are for losers.

*Looks closely at your avatar*

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

Liist
April 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
You're going to have a hard time finding stuff to match if it ain't black. Well I guess the internet makes it a lot easier.

massacremasses
April 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
no. Who cares. Floyd is right though. Its not an attitude. Hes just right. The best brands like AGV,Arai, etc do not make jackets. Same as A* and others do not make helmets. Icon is the only in the middle brand I can think of that seems to make pretty good everything. But they are middle of the road and everyone knows that.

NathanUc
April 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
You're going to have a hard time finding stuff to match if it ain't black. Well I guess the internet makes it a lot easier.

I had to spend fa
r more then i would have liked to get a high quality bright red helmet...

adouglas
April 27th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Priorities:

1) Fit
2) Protection
3) Visibility (as in being seen)
4) Value (quality for price)
5) Function/features
6) Looks/style
186) Where I'm going to eat lunch today
187) Whether one piece of gear matches another piece of gear
188) Whether the whole thing matches my bike
597) What other people think of what I look like.

choneofakind
April 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I dunno, Scorpion makes good helmets and they also make gear. I'm not a fan of their gear, but they make it. The mesh jacket I have from them seems flimbsy, but it's better than roasting, and is definitely better than nothing for my passengers.

I have a Scorpion helmet and an SS jacket. I love that SS Twist of Fate; very solid jacket that is comfy, and great for the $ I payed. I want the new Twist of Fate 2.0. It has a CE certified back protector, good looks, solid build, and did I mention it looks sexy in white??? all for $200. I bought mine 2 years ago for $80 on clearance at my local dealership. I'm waiting for the 2.0 to go on sale.

EDIT: just to prove my point, this is how sexy the Twist of Fate 2.0 jacket looks in white textile. CE shoulders, elbows, and spine, along with breathable panels and vents. Check out my profile picture for the Twist of Fate jacket in black.
http://ssgear.com/CORE/Get/image.cfm/400F/Files/ItemImages/de2a0919-dbd5-4c1d-b321-b399bfedf0f4/tof2t_w_f.jpg

Miles_Prower
April 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
i decided to embrace my last name and go all black and white.
didn't really care about brands in terms of matching..arai helmet in white, icon jacket in black (which actually saved my back and arms in my recent pavement surfing, guard rail kissing incident), icon gloves in white, spidi boots in black AND white. Now I'm looking for some white leather pants, because rail rash is not fun.

Alex
April 30th, 2012, 04:05 PM
/moved to riding gear

Alex
April 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Priorities:

1) Fit
2) Protection
3) Visibility (as in being seen)
4) Value (quality for price)
5) Function/features
6) Looks/style
186) Where I'm going to eat lunch today
187) Whether one piece of gear matches another piece of gear
188) Whether the whole thing matches my bike
597) What other people think of what I look like.

:whathesaid:

Ricke115
May 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
i try to match colors and accents idc what brand it is