View Full Version : Glad to be here!

KJohnson21
December 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm happy to see kkim and VeX here. I've seen a lot of good stuff from them.

I'm 46 and I've been riding for 26 years.
My wife is 49, my daughters are 22 and 19. They started this year, with MSF of course!

I've got a '99 Kawasaki Concours, an '06 YZF600R and I've been breaking in our '08 250.

I said "our 250" because it sort of belongs to the family. I'm going to install a lowering kit after I finish the break-in so that my wife and daughters can start riding the 250. Right now my wife rides her Suzuki Intruder 800, they all learned the basics on it, much lower to the ground!

- Ken

kkim
December 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Aloha, Ken. Welcome! :wave:

Glad to see you made it and hope you find the site an informative and relaxing one.
:)

KJohnson21
December 3rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Very enjoyable so far. I just finished reading your welcome scroll. I'm glad to see so many more familiar names.

Alex
December 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
:welcome: Ken! Nice of you to put the miles on your "wife's/daughter's" bike for them. I'm doing the same for "my wife's" ninjette. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. :D

KJohnson21
December 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Life's tough, what can I say...

:D

kkim
December 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM

yeah, tell me about it.:cool:

VeX
December 4th, 2008, 04:27 PM
:welcome: Ken! Nice of you to put the miles on your "wife's/daughter's" bike for them. I'm doing the same for "my wife's" ninjette. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. :D

Gee now there's TWO really generous people on this forum "breaking-in" the 250's for their families :D

Welcome Ken!

Sailariel
December 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Sure wish that my wife would not be so scared of bikes (includes the pedal variety) Her first husband bought a bike and popped wheelies with her on the back the first time out for her--scared the hell out of her, and I am paying the price 25 years later. I would buy her an 09 Ninja tomorrow if she was interested, and would send her to the motorcycle safety course which is taught a quarter mile from our house. What is interesting is that she would sail our boat across the Atlantic in a heartbeat. We have been caught in storms with 30` waves and she was cool--but bikes scare her.

KJohnson21
December 4th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Wow, OK with 30' waves, but afraid of bikes...

Damn her ex!