View Full Version : Apparently I'm an idiot...

Xoulrath
April 28th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I sold my '08 ZX just under two months ago because I could use the cash from the sale. The bike was financed and I still owed a bit on it, so it freed up some monthly income as well.

I didn't last long without a two-wheeled companion to keep me warm at night. I got suckered in by Suzuki's 0% promotion and I went to look at 600's yesterday. The two closest dealers were out of 2011 and 2012 GSX-R 600's and only had 750's left. I decided to stay away from the 750 as I can barely contain myself on the 600's.

At the second dealership, I notice a blue 2011 ZX-6R. Kawi didn't have 0%, but they did have 4% financing deals going on. Of course the bike is blue; as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it. When they told me out the door was $9600, I knew I was leaving the dealership with it.

What can I saw other than WOW?! I have very few miles on the bike, but it is very apparent how much of an improvement this bike is over the '08 I had, and I felt as though the '08 was excellent. I just couldn't help myself. Being without a bike for the last couple of months was rough for me. I suspect I may have an addiction problem.

Here is a quick pic I took before I went to work tonight. I will post a few more pics when I have a chance to take some nice shots.

EvnEvn724
April 28th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I just bought a brand new 2012 zx6r too and I am IN LOVE with it. congrats man!

TnNinjaGirl
April 29th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Meh, you only live once you crazy hooligan.

Malicious Logic
April 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Looks pretty good, grats man! Now if only Kawasaki would fix the bug eyes, it'd look as good as it performs.

massacremasses
April 29th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Meh, you only live once you crazy hooligan.

YOLO

:lol:

csmith12
April 29th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Enjoy and keep it shiny side up!

CynicalC
April 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
YOLO

:lol:

I wonder if she gets it... And also if she "gets it"

:laugh:

choneofakind
April 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Nah you're not an idiot for buying a new bike, you're an idiot for selling the bike without a replacement in the first place. :D

You mentioned improvements over the previous generation. I'm not well versed in the traits of the ZX6R; what did they change that feels like and improvement?

Xoulrath
April 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Nah you're not an idiot for buying a new bike, you're an idiot for selling the bike without a replacement in the first place. :DIndeed!

You mentioned improvements over the previous generation. I'm not well versed in the traits of the ZX6R; what did they change that feels like and improvement?Well, for just a quick run down: lighter weight; more mid-range and top-end power; Showa Big Piston Fork really feels like it makes a difference, the front end is literally telepathic; mass centralization boosts handling and it is extremely noticeable as soon as you ride away on the bike, it literally falls into corners, but in a good way. I had to get used to how fast the bike falls over when setting it down on the kickstand.

My brother and I are taking our mother out to lunch for her birthday. I'll get some nice pics up later today or tomorrow.

choneofakind
April 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Interesting. I would assume a large part of that quickness is from the bike no longer having an under-tail exhaust. Just from a moment of inertia standpoint, it doesn't make sense to have a big heavy exhaust can that far from the axis of rotation.

Sounds like they did well with the bike. My only experience with that bike was at the ticket to ride event last summer, and I had never ridden the '08 bike for comparison. The new bike just felt good even without the improvement by comparison.

etiainen
April 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I rode the 2012 ZX6R at the Kawi demo days today.

Great ride. Have fun with it!:thumbup:

TnNinjaGirl
April 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I wonder if she gets it... And also if she "gets it"

:laugh:

Nope

MustangGuy
April 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Very nice bike! What "bug eyes"? LOL! It's beautiful. Safe riding!

CynicalC
April 29th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Nope

http://i.imgur.com/7QTG1.png

TnNinjaGirl
April 30th, 2012, 06:23 AM
nice...

Xoulrath
May 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
More and better pics as promised.

Stingray1000
May 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Good lookin' bike man.

xSean13
May 6th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Man, the dealership near me dropped the base price on their new 2011 ZX6Rs to $8,983...wish I had more experience riding street in order to justify an upgrade :D
And cash...that helps too.

Indy250r
May 6th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Congrats on the new bike, it looks great!

(I voted the "idiot" option anyway :D))

Skippii
May 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Interesting. I would assume a large part of that quickness is from the bike no longer having an under-tail exhaust. Just from a moment of inertia standpoint, it doesn't make sense to have a big heavy exhaust can that far from the axis of rotation.

Might want to check with Erik Buell about that...

CC Cowboy
May 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Pretty bike. The 750 is easier to ride than a 600 though.

choneofakind
May 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Might want to check with Erik Buell about that...

Umm he would agree with me...? His are right under the engine for mass centralization, not an undertail like the previous generation ZX6R. That would put the Buell exhaust much closer to the axis of rotation (from a leaning perspective) and would mean the exhaust's moment of inertia would be lower, which would help the bike to flick side to side like Buell's are known to do.

Skippii
May 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Umm he would agree with me...? His are right under the engine for mass centralization, not an undertail like the previous generation ZX6R. That would put the Buell exhaust much closer to the axis of rotation (from a leaning perspective) and would mean the exhaust's moment of inertia would be lower, which would help the bike to flick side to side like Buell's are known to do.

Yeah, I totally misread that.
Let's just pretend I said something like "I agree."

choneofakind
May 6th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Deal :thumbup:

koenigcitizen
May 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Sick bike!!!!!

mustang5.0
June 4th, 2012, 11:20 AM
i got sucked in on the 0% 0 down deal too.. i had them put 3 out the door prices and the only on that made cents, was the zero deal.. i got it on the last day of the deal