View Full Version : removing bits for painting

HRP
April 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Howdy all,
I hope I've done a thorough enough looking-through of previous posts to be sure this is a new question, at least recently; if not please blame my newbieness and not laziness for the repeat.

I'm trying to paint my 2004 Ninja 250 (I'm going to use bed liner so things don't have to be spitshine perfect), and while the fairings, cowling, and tank are easy enough to remove, I'm not sure how to get the tire fenders off without removing the wheels. If I have to I guess I'll mask the tires and forks and such but it would be nice to just lift them out if possible.

Luvninja
April 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
It's a little tricky to do it, but it can be done. I did it when I repainted mine. Just take out the screws and when everything it disconnected just kind of squeeze the fender to get it out.

k-os
April 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
You should be able to unbolt them and slide the fender out. Sometimes it's easier to lift them up a bit over the fork lowers and pull it out from the front. You may have to fled the "legs" of it in a bit to get it out.

HRP
April 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks both very much. Just needed to know it could be done. It can't be any more tricky than getting the rear fender off what with the lighting assembly and all (ooof). Just wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree entirely. :)