View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

lauriecherie
December 4th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. Kelly told my fiance who's a member of a different forum about this site and I'm really enjoying reading the posts. I'm new to riding, can barely ride a bicycle actually. Lol, I've always really enjoyed my fiance taking me ride on his 03 Zx6r, but he doesn't get to take me as often as I'd like and I think this would be a good thing for us to share. So I got my 08 red Ninja 250 last month. I did manage to drop it twice, but no worries. It didn't do much to it. Initially my fiance would be teaching me but the day after I bought my bike, I was watching the news and the local cops and a MSF instructor were offering the course for free. So I signed up and have taken the basic course. I'm still not ready to ride on the roads, but I've been practicing in my and my neighbor's driveways (they're family and the driveways are almost connected). Soon my fiance will take me to new but closed Home Depot parking lot to practice. I probably won't be around so much since I'm having finals next week and trying to plan a wedding. And since I don't know anything about bikes, I most likely will not be responding to many posts:reindeer: So I hope I won't offend anyone or come across as a snob. (You can tell I'm a girl! Haha always so emotional.) Well I just wanted to say hello and tell you all a little about myself! Nice meeting you all!:D

Alex
December 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
:welcome: Congrats on your new bike, and glad you were able to get into the MSF course so quickly. I'm sure your skills will build quickly, and I hope you get to enjoy your ninjette on some fun roads soon. :ride:

kkim
December 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Aloha, Laurie. Welcome! :)

Good luck with finals... I barely remember those, but do remember all night study sessions and lots and lots of coffee. :ranger:

Excellent choice on taking the MSF course... everyone should take it. I just did a few months back, after riding for over 40 years. Take your time learning to ride and don't let anyone push you faster learning than you are comfortable. The objective is to become a safe, confident rider with skills honed enough to get you out of emergency situations without crashing.

Good to have you here... and not all topics have to do with technical aspects of the 250 here... there are a lot of other areas that I'm sure you can contribute to when time permits.

See you around...
:wave:

NJD022588
December 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Good luck with finals... I barely remember those, but do remember all night study sessions and lots and lots of coffee. :ranger:

Is that a computer? :D

Excellent choice on taking the MSF course... everyone should take it. I just did a few months back, after riding for over 40 years. Take your time learning to ride and don't let anyone push you faster learning than you are comfortable. The objective is to become a safe, confident rider with skills honed enough to get you out of emergency situations without crashing.

+1. Wait, no rep? Then, well said.

Welcome Laurie!

noche_caliente
December 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome! It's good to see another girl around here!