View Full Version : revised gear for the future (:

xMoises831
April 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
ok so i know its not the best but its better than nothing am i right and iknow the jacket sizes are off but its just and estimate what the price would be but not bad for a beginner right?(: comment with any improvements i could make I'm not trying to go all out that will be later this is just to start off

Alex
April 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM
/moved to gear area

xMoises831
April 29th, 2012, 11:08 PM
/moved to gear area

i thought so :p :D

Trailerboy531
April 29th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Though I disagree with your mind set as there is no "beginner" gear and you SHOULD be going "all out" from day one, since your level of protection is always key and not related to your relative skill level - I think you did well.

Scorpion make good helmets; I think those are gauntlet gloves, which are a huge plus; boots and pants are a great idea; and I know people with that jacket that enjoy it, I also have the leather version which I love.

If you have tons of money to blow then look at Dainese gear. It fits like it was tailor made for you and it's, IMO, the sexiest gear out there. Gear you will wear for years. Might as well buy it now instead of a few months down the road when you discover it.

nautica
April 30th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Have you tried any gear on for sizes? Especially the helmet, I was going to buy a MD EXO-500 but found it was too small and bumped up to a L, even though a MD helmet is usually what fit me with everything else. But looks like good gear.

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Have you tried any gear on for sizes? Especially the helmet, I was going to buy a MD EXO-500 but found it was too small and bumped up to a L, even though a MD helmet is usually what fit me with everything else. But looks like good gear.

no in a few days ill go to my local store and try on the gear (: so ill find out there

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Though I disagree with your mind set as there is no "beginner" gear and you SHOULD be going "all out" from day one, since your level of protection is always key and not related to your relative skill level - I think you did well.

Scorpion make good helmets; I think those are gauntlet gloves, which are a huge plus; boots and pants are a great idea; and I know people with that jacket that enjoy it, I also have the leather version which I love.

If you have tons of money to blow then look at Dainese gear. It fits like it was tailor made for you and it's, IMO, the sexiest gear out there. Gear you will wear for years. Might as well buy it now instead of a few months down the road when you discover it.

i have discovered it i was debating if i should or not ill think about it but I'm not the kind of person that loves really tight clothes i like a lil space not to much tho but ill def check it out and well i somewhat went all out (:

Trailerboy531
April 30th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I understand not liking tight but think of it this way; loose means the armor in your shoulders, elbow, and forearm has room to MOVE.

Do you want your armor to move, especially if you're in the air and no longer on your bike?

Maybe, not tight, but snug fitting gear is a good idea...

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I understand not liking tight but think of it this way; loose means the armor in your shoulders, elbow, and forearm has room to MOVE.

Do you want your armor to move, especially if you're in the air and no longer on your bike?

Maybe, not tight, but snug fitting gear is a good idea...

Yes iknow (: thats what i ment i like stuff thats snug not to loose or tight but ill check it out and i know dont they have like really high quality leather ? Thats what i hurd

Trailerboy531
April 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
They have excellent quality everything

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
They have excellent quality everything

do you wear it? and I'm only going to be riding in town nothing else so i think its good enough for now (: ill feel very safe I want to get some frame sliders so if i do drop the bike when i get it .. it won't be to bad of damage

Trailerboy531
April 30th, 2012, 06:34 PM
You wont only be riding in town, trust me.

Yes I do wear it. My leather suit is Dainese and i'm so in love with it that I pretty much will only buy Dainese jackets from here on out.

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
for then next 2 years i will be only riding in town because thats all i can do

Trailerboy531
April 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM
legally....

and the fastest I've ever gone on a motorcycle is 65mph, because that's the highest speed limit. ;)

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM
there you go lol but I'm 16 in 3 months and thats when i should be getting my bike maybe a couple months after and I'm sure i can't go on any highways/freeways

Trailerboy531
April 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM
A lack of highway/freeway riding does not mean you don't need good gear.

Of course there is tons of good gear out there and it's not necessarily Dainese. Just do whatever you think will work.

ATGATT

xMoises831
April 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
yea I'm planning to go light and not to crazy on gear i want decent amount of protection but i don't need a lot of extra maybe later in a couple of months when i can relax and worry about other things and i can buy some frame sliders to avoid a lot of damage if i drop it

GreenNinja
May 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
there you go lol but I'm 16 in 3 months and thats when i should be getting my bike maybe a couple months after and I'm sure i can't go on any highways/freeways

Depends on your state. Some states allow 16 year olds to get a class M unrestricted license. As for protection: In my opinion, city riding is where most of the accidents happen because many cars just think it is OK to jump in front of a motorcycle. Ask Jiggles and the many others here that have gotten into accidents - I'm sure it wasn't at breakneck interstate speeds.

kenji_808
May 1st, 2012, 03:50 AM
I have a pair of the A* smx 2 gloves, but after reading an article about the survivability of different types of riding gloves(they tested MX, mesh, leather short cuff, full gauntlet against a simulated road surface; a belt grinder) I went out and bought me a pair of AGV Dragon full gauntlets there cheaper too. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/gloves/agv_sport/dragon_motorcycle_gloves.html

Ninja1
May 1st, 2012, 04:05 AM
Stay away from the Alpinestar smx 2 gloves, they're very poorly made. As soon as I tried the left hand it broke on the seam :eek:

xMoises831
May 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Stay away from the Alpinestar smx 2 gloves, they're very poorly made. As soon as I tried the left hand it broke on the seam :eek:

Thanks ! For letting me know ill
Find other gloves(:

xMoises831
May 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I have a pair of the A* smx 2 gloves, but after reading an article about the survivability of different types of riding gloves(they tested MX, mesh, leather short cuff, full gauntlet against a simulated road surface; a belt grinder) I went out and bought me a pair of AGV Dragon full gauntlets there cheaper too. http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/gloves/agv_sport/dragon_motorcycle_gloves.html

I will check em out how do u like em?

kenji_808
May 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
pretty comfortable once it stretches out. just like all leather gear you gotta wear them to get them to be comfy!!!

xMoises831
May 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
pretty comfortable once it stretches out. just like all leather gear you gotta wear them to get them to be comfy!!!

yea i know :D

xSean13
May 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
I just picked up some Sedici Torino (http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/torino_leather_mesh_motorcycle_gloves/web1006300) gloves from cyclegear. Wore them out of there, in the 90 degree humid heat, and the air flow was better than my other pair of "mesh" gloves.

They also seem as though they'll work well in cooler temps too.