View Full Version : Gear for Cold Mornings and Hot Evenings

bad_bwoy007
May 3rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
I'm looking to get a jacket, pants, and gloves.

I am more concerned about staying warm in the morning while riding to work if it is a little colder. Riding in 45 degrees with no gloves = FROZEN FINGERS!

Do you have any recommendations?

I have a Scorpion EXO-1000 Helmet and it would be nice to get matching Scorpion gear but I guess that's not the most important thing. :thumbup:

bad_bwoy007
May 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
After some reading it looks like the Scorpion Deuce Pants are a great choice by many.

Anyone own a Scorpion ExoWear Torque Jacket?

BlackNinja8
May 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
No experience with the scorpion jacket but I have the Rev'it Ignition jacket and use it just for the situation in your title. Its a leather/mesh hybrid so it is great for protection in the impact areas but it also breathes a ridiculous amount of air. In the morning I have 3 clothing layers and both liners in. In the afternoon I take out the rain/wind liner and ride with undershirt, dress shirt, sweater, and quilted vest liner in. That set up is fine from 50 to 70 degrees. Any hotter and I would remove the vest liner and should be fine up to 80 degrees...as long as you are moving. Since it is black and leather it will get hot at a stop light in direct 80 degree sun.

oreX
May 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I was using the tour master air intake 3 before I got a leather jacket. It has two liners, one is a water/wind proof liner and the other is an insulated liner. Worked great during the cold days here in florida, which were about 50f on average.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-intake-air-3-jacket