View Full Version : HP TouchPad 32GB

Jiggles
May 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I have a 32gb HP Touchpad that I want to sell. I bought another tablet a few months ago when my manager gave me a screaming deal. The touchpad comes with a removable and washable antiglare anti fingerprint screen protector as well as a flip style case. The cool thing about the Touchpad is that you can set it up to dual boot WebOS and Android version 2.3 or 4.0.

WebOS is an awesome operating system offering true multitasking, the only thing it lacks is apps as its been discontinued by HP. However, HP has allowed WebOS to become open source so some cool things are being done with it. When on the WebOS boot, email and web browsing are super smooth, this is the only tablet with true multitasking, it also has microsoft word built in. If you want more features, just switch over to the Android side and now you have access to the entire Market (or play store as they now call it).

The tablet also comes with a 2 year warranty that also covers accidental damage, covered by square trade. I believe the warranty is about 6 months in so far so it has another 1.5 years of coverage.

The speakers on this tablet are amazing (for a tablet). It has Beats built in and the sound is astounding considering the source. The music this thing produces puts every other tablet to shame.

Currently the tablet only has WebOS installed. If you want I can install either Android 2.3 or 4.0 onto it for you before I ship it out or I can give you a step by step guide on how to install it yourself.

I'm selling this tablet because I don't have a need for 2 tablets. I used to use this for school to easily take notes, the battery life is amazing capable of 8 hours of use. I bought my second tablet because I got a great deal from my manager and I needed to learn more about the android tablets we sell in the store, as that was my weak point in sales.

Oh, another thing I would use this tablet for is to load up DIYs when I was working on my bike. The anti glare screen protector made it easy to see the screen outside and was far more useful than grabbing my 2hr battery life laptop as the touchpad would go for 8 hours without a charge.

The tablet comes with
-32gb HP TouchPad (with optional android dual boot)
-Removable and Washable Moshi Anti-Glare and Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector
-A Flip Style Case (can prop the tablet up for watching movies or reading)
-Original Box and Manuals
-2 year Square Trade Warranty that covers any defects or issues as well as accidental damage (water, drop/fall, ran over it with a car)

I'm asking $230 with warranty
$200 without warranty

Stingray1000
May 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I have an android tablet, but from my understanding the WEBOS blows but I looked up online and you can dual boot android onto it... How idk, but it is possible. So if you get android onto the tab (if it isn't already), you download ARCHtools and it will install android market onto it (if it isn't already lol), now called google play. and you got yourself a nice tab. WEBOS is pretty terrible though from everything I heard, that's why they stopped making the HP tab with that OS. I bought an android tab that didn't have android market on it and i had to use archtools but now it does everything I need it to do!

alex.s
May 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
only masturbated on once

Jiggles
May 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I have an android tablet, but from my understanding the WEBOS blows but I looked up online and you can dual boot android onto it... How idk, but it is possible. So if you get android onto the tab (if it isn't already), you download ARCHtools and it will install android market onto it (if it isn't already lol), now called google play. and you got yourself a nice tab. WEBOS is pretty terrible though from everything I heard, that's why they stopped making the HP tab with that OS. I bought an android tab that didn't have android market on it and i had to use archtools but now it does everything I need it to do!

Dude, WebOS is awesome. Aside from the massive lack of apps its super smooth and the multi tasking is epic. I have an HP Veer that also runs webOS (tiny smartphone got it for $50 when it was discontinued) I swear once you have real multitasking it's hard to go back to iphones and androids. From what I've seen people love WebOS which is why the open source community is doing so much with it. The tablet (and smartphones) were discontinued because HP realized they simply could not compete with a market that was so overly dominated by Apple and Android. This tablet had the same list price as iPads, but no one knew what it was or what it could do. Why buy a Touchpad when you can get an iPad for the same price??? That's why it failed.

Anyway, buy my tablet and try out WebOS, it's really cool haha. And installing android on it is easy, you don't need archtools. I can have it done in 10 minutes if a buyer wants it on there

Stingray1000
May 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Dude, WebOS is awesome. Aside from the massive lack of apps its super smooth and the multi tasking is epic. I have an HP Veer that also runs webOS (tiny smartphone got it for $50 when it was discontinued) I swear once you have real multitasking it's hard to go back to iphones and androids. From what I've seen people love WebOS which is why the open source community is doing so much with it. The tablet (and smartphones) were discontinued because HP realized they simply could not compete with a market that was so overly dominated by Apple and Android. This tablet had the same list price as iPads, but no one knew what it was or what it could do. Why buy a Touchpad when you can get an iPad for the same price??? That's why it failed.

Anyway, buy my tablet and try out WebOS, it's really cool haha. And installing android on it is easy, you don't need archtools. I can have it done in 10 minutes if a buyer wants it on there

Well if the OS doesn't have many apps or developers that tells you why they discontinued it and most people thought it was a terrible OS. Android is OPEN SOURCE, and ANYONE can make an app for it, making it the choice over any other OS out there including APPLE.... Windows will be coming out with a new micro OS that is supposedly gonna be able to be hooked up to pc's for ADVANCED syncing/use and most Android apps are supposedly going to be compatible with it. I'll beleive the "android" comment when I see it, but if it's true it's gonna be major :P

Stingray1000
May 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM

You don't need archtools to get the OS, you will msot likely need arch tools to get the android market. but Idk just thinking of the possibility.

Jiggles
May 4th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Well if the OS doesn't have many apps or developers that tells you why they discontinued it and most people thought it was a terrible OS.

So lack of apps = crappy OS? I wonder how blackberry and windows manage to stay afloat :rolleyes:

Anyway, why don't you get your hands on it before you judge it. For browsing and email and really everything besides apps, WebOS is superior, oh and it's open source

Stingray1000
May 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
So lack of apps = crappy OS? I wonder how blackberry and windows manage to stay afloat :rolleyes:

Anyway, why don't you get your hands on it before you judge it. For browsing and email and really everything besides apps, WebOS is superior, oh and it's open source

The thing is, I don't need to get my hands on it to know that it's a terrible operating system. I have friends who've used it not to mention 1000's of web reviews and I went to school for Network Administration and Web Design and still have my foot in the technological communities. So when everyone says the same thing about something as well as adding the other bad features, like barely any apps, and not as "open source" as other operating systems, you tend to believe them. and BTW Blackberry stayed alive because it was one of the first Smart Phones, not to mention "Research In Motion" or RIM created the blackberry before you needed any other APPS other then a browser e-mail and text messaging...., Microsoft stayed alive in the community because they made their phones cheap enough so that if you couldn't afford an Iphone or an Android when Androids were still expensive you could still have a "smart phone" as well as there Windows OS kept them afloat with more then enough capital to take a loss on any other ventures they decided to make.....

Jiggles
May 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Theres a reason that people who actually own these use the dual boot rather than removing WebOS and installing solely Android (which is possible btw if anyone wants me to set it up like that), and it's because it's awesome :thumbup:

Stingray1000
May 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
And BTW you're getting me all wrong here. I was saying as long as the tablet can have an android operating system on it, it should be an awesome tablet.... there is no reason unless you're a developer who is trying to being back a dinosaur or a bored kid who thinks it would be "cool" to have 2 operating systems on it. It sounds like a great buy as long as it's clean with no scratches and has the Android OS on it.

Jiggles
May 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
It is cool to have 2 OS's haha. The way I planned on using it before I got my second tablet was to have the WebOS side for music (built in Beats) and basic stuff like email and web browsing because WebOS really excels in those categories, super smooth, real multitasking, easier to switch applications. Then have the Android side for when I needed some more specialized applications, not that the android browser is bad or anything, but WebOS just seems more intuitive, after using an iPad and android tablet and then trying the WebOS, it was like THIS, THIS IS HOW A TABLET SHOULD BE PUT TOGETHER!

Anyway, $250 for an android tablet with 2 year warranty and a 1.2ghz dual core processor (overclockable to 1.5ghz), is IMO a pretty good deal

CZroe
May 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
My brother and I have one running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and WebOS. I've been wanting to get another for myself but I've already passed on that price a few times. Is it negotiable?

It's a great tablet and WebOS impressed me far more than Android has in any incarnation. My main problem is that so many apps are partially broken by it being almost the only 4:3 Android tablet. I'm sure that'll change over time.

Jiggles
May 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
pm sent

edxmon
May 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
It is cool to have 2 OS's haha. The way I planned on using it before I got my second tablet was to have the WebOS side for music (built in Beats) and basic stuff like email and web browsing because WebOS really excels in those categories, super smooth, real multitasking, easier to switch applications. Then have the Android side for when I needed some more specialized applications, not that the android browser is bad or anything, but WebOS just seems more intuitive, after using an iPad and android tablet and then trying the WebOS, it was like THIS, THIS IS HOW A TABLET SHOULD BE PUT TOGETHER!

Anyway, $250 for an android tablet with 2 year warranty and a 1.2ghz dual core processor (overclockable to 1.5ghz), is IMO a pretty good deal

You can OC the Touchpad up to 1.8 with Uberkernel in WebOS, mine is :D I also have a Nook Color I put ICS on, but the Touchpad's battery life with WebOS can be beat yet, I've been using mine on and off for 3 days without charging and still have 20% batt. left

I've had 2 of them so far, Bought for $220 > Sold for $270, then used that money to buy one for 190 off ebay. :thumbup:

Good luck on your sale, make sure you put it on CL as well and it will eventually sell

Jiggles
May 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Price change!

$230 with warranty
$200 without warranty

ator
May 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
PM sent

jpbear
November 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
WebOS on the Touchpad is the most BORING ever.. It may be fantastic, speedy etc.. but without the Apps, there isnt much to do on it other than use the plain old browser.

I have installed Android /CyanogenMod and it is the only thing that makes me use the Touchpad..

Jiggles
November 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
WebOS rules :Twofinger: