View Full Version : First Post

Kolya1981
December 4th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Just making the obligatory first newbie introductory post! :D So hello from Pennsylvania! Been on Kawiforums for a while and kkim invited me over here to this fine forum. From what I have seen so far, it looks like this is a pretty nice forum! Thanks for the referral kkim!

-Nick

kkim
December 4th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome, Nick.

Hope you enjoy the new digs as much as I do. Thanks for taking the time to check it out. You'll find some really great people in here.

:)

Alex
December 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM
:welcome: Nick! Love the avatar... (even if it is a little creepy!) :spider:

Kolya1981
December 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all! Definitely enjoying the new digs.

:welcome: Nick! Love the avatar... (even if it is a little creepy!) :spider:

Haha thanks! What was really creepy is that I was crouching down about a foot away from that wolf spider, and it was standing sideways when I first started to take a picture of it. It actually turned and lunged at me right as I took the picture! If you look at its legs in the full size, you can see it is running right at me! :eek:

kkim
December 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome all! Definitely enjoying the new digs.

Haha thanks! What was really creepy is that I was crouching down about a foot away from that wolf spider, and it was standing sideways when I first started to take a picture of it. It actually turned and lunged at me right as I took the picture! If you look at its legs in the full size, you can see it is running right at me! :eek:

We have those here, too, though we call them "cane" spiders cause they live in the sugar cane fields. When I was in high school and working in the pineapple fields (don't ask!), those spiders would be everywhere in the plants. You needed to watch out cause they have a mean bite. spiders, spiders everywhere....
:spider::spider::taz::spider: :spider:

Alex
December 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I don't think I've seen a wolf spider that large up close like that. Did come across a tarantula on a ride a few months back, posted a pic up in this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=8646&postcount=2).

camaroz1985
December 5th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Where in PA are you from Nick?

Kolya1981
December 5th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that was one big sucker, I'd say a little bigger then a 50 cent piece. This is by far the creepiest smiley every BTW --> :spider:

Where in PA are you from Nick?

Green Lane...its kind of in-between Allentown and Philadelphia.

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, that was one big sucker, I'd say a little bigger then a 50 cent piece

just the body or the body and legs together? if together, that's one small ass spider. :lol:

vonbeezy
December 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Just making the obligatory first newbie introductory post! :D So hello from Pennsylvania! Been on Kawiforums for a while and kkim invited me over here to this fine forum. From what I have seen so far, it looks like this is a pretty nice forum! Thanks for the referral kkim!

-Nick

+1 for a green one ;)

welcome

oh and +2 for being on the east coast to enjoy this luxurious weather we have
:smow:

Kolya1981
December 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
just the body or the body and legs together? if together, that's one small ass spider. :lol:

The length of the body was 50 cent piece sized...It was pretty big for that kind of spider. I think those "cane" spiders are Huntsman spiders, which can definitely get bigger then your average wolf. :D

+1 for a green one ;)

welcome

oh and +2 for being on the east coast to enjoy this luxurious weather we have
:smow:

Oh yeah, beautiful weather! :thumbup:

kkim
December 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM
The length of the body was 50 cent piece sized...It was pretty big for that kind of spider. I think those "cane" spiders are Huntsman spiders, which can definitely get bigger then your average wolf. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/2925383796_cc6af8391c.jpg?v=0

:wtf:

Late at night while I'm driving home from work, you can see silver things on the road on a warm night. If you look closely, those silver things are the eyes of the cane spiders on the warm road looking back at you. :confused40:

http://www.instanthawaii.com/cgi-bin/hawaii?Animals.cane

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=000RFq

Kolya1981
December 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
If you look closely, those silver things are the eyes of the cane spiders on the warm road looking back at you. :confused40:

Boo!!! :laser::spider: