View Full Version : Lowsided :(

KawiKid860
May 6th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Welp I lowsided my lovely little Ninja in a roundabout :( Wasn't bad though, got a nice bruise on my hip, ripped off my turn signal and ground down the crap out of my fairing and probably scraped my exhaust some more lol. Worst part, I had my girlfriends little sister with me :C We were both okay though, she scraped up her knee. Thank the good Lord for that. As for what happened, I don't really know to be honest... I wasn't going that fast, I think I just had it leaned over too far to account for my passengers lack of ability in the event that she shifted weight or something + I didn't realize it but that roundabout is extremely oily, my pants got turned black all over from the oil and grime on the road. Was just a bad combination of factors I guess, but I was cornering fine, didnt look down or chop throttle, then all of a sudden the bikes out from under me and I'm sliding on my stomach :P and once again thank God lil sis was okay!!!

CalvinAmI
May 6th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Very glad no one was hurt!
It sounds like you nailed the cause pretty well.
Those road conditions sound ideal for a lowside.
We have one roud-about in my town that is part asphalt and part red brick.
To make conditions worse, there are train tracks right beside it causing motorists to idle on the round-about.
I steer clear (pun intended) of the brick surface and try to keep as upright as i can around that thing :thumbup:

How mad is your GF?

NDspd
May 6th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ouch man, glad you two weren't seriously injured.

Jono
May 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
That is why I don't feel like taking passengers on my bike. Things can go wrong so fast. I just don't want to be responsible for someone else's life. I have enough trouble being responsible with mine. :p

I am glad both of you are alright!

choneofakind
May 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I only have one passenger I'll take at the moment, because we have experience riding together and she knows what she's doing as a passenger. Riding with a passenger always makes me extra cautious though...

KawiKid860
May 6th, 2012, 11:46 PM
thanks for the well wishes! Lol my gf was more clingy and freaked out than mad. I'm always super careful with passengers and I've only had my gf and her lil sis, but tbh my gf knows how to ride (just passed her msf! + I taught her most stuff on my bike) and we've been riding for months together and I was probably expecting her sister to be able to perform at the same level just out of habit. That + conditions was a mistake on my part. 8 months 7000 miles and still learning :P I feel bad for my bike too, closer examination shows it ground a hole through the fairing and my exhaust can is thrashed

Alex
May 6th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Does her father have a carry permit? Does he know where you live?

Miles_Prower
May 7th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Does her father have a carry permit? Does he know where you live?

C4 vest with a deadman's trigger :thumbup: