View Full Version : Pawn store score!!!!

rmorse
May 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
So, the girlfriend and I did a 2.5 hour trip over to Richmond on Saturday, to check out the various cycle shops for gear. I have my ninjette, but I only had a helmet. (No license yet, MSF is not for another week). So, I'm taking my sweet time acquiring the gear I need.

Anyway, I was trying to find a jacket with no luck. Every jacket I tried on seemed poorly made or wouldn't fit right. I was feeling a bit frusterated, so the lady and I just decided to explore Richmond for a bit. We hit up some thrift stores (best place to pick up some 90's cds :thumbup:), and there was a suuuuuper shady pawn store next to one of the thrift stores.

We enter the store, and holy crap! Next to a giant rack of speakers was a motorcycle jacket hanging up. I head over to it to check it out. It's a Teknic Chicane! I try it on, and it fits me like a glove!! I checked it out for a couple minutes, and there are no tears or rash anywhere on it. The leather is a tiny bit dirty, but should clean up nicely. Brought it up to the counter, and bought it for..........$85.

:D:D:D

xSean13
May 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
edit:
Just saw the leather part..that's a heck of a deal!

csmith12
May 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nice find!

Stingray1000
May 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Dude that's awesome. where in great mills are you from??

rmorse
May 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dude that's awesome. where in great mills are you from??

I'm originally from Montgomery County, but I'm currently living off of Chancellor's Run.

Mocha Man
May 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Wish I could find a deal that good!

rmorse
May 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'll post some pics later tonight or tmw!

nst416
May 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Awesome find! Congrats

Stingray1000
May 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm originally from Montgomery County, but I'm currently living off of Chancellor's Run.

M<y sister lived in Greenview Knolls and then lived across the street in the townhouses, probably where you live now LOL

Did they get rid of that really bad neighborhood, um norton or something or other? Don't remember what it's called but was a really bad neighborhood across chancellors run down hewitt road or whatever the new name is.

rmorse
May 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
M<y sister lived in Greenview Knolls and then lived across the street in the townhouses, probably where you live now LOL

Did they get rid of that really bad neighborhood, um norton or something or other? Don't remember what it's called but was a really bad neighborhood across chancellors run down hewitt road or whatever the new name is.

I'm actually right there....I bought a foreclosed townhouse off of military lane, right across from the greenview knolls school. And yea, there are still a couple shady areas around here LOL. They're working on cleaning it up, but whatever. I'm not too pressed. I bought the townhouse to rent out, and I'll probably be moving within a couple years.

Stingray1000
May 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'm actually right there....I bought a foreclosed townhouse off of military lane, right across from the greenview knolls school. And yea, there are still a couple shady areas around here LOL. They're working on cleaning it up, but whatever. I'm not too pressed. I bought the townhouse to rent out, and I'll probably be moving within a couple years.

Its not too bad living there its just BORING AS HELL lol. You work sat or sundays? Prob gonna swing down in the next couple weeks to visit my brother and sister.

rmorse
May 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Its not too bad living there its just BORING AS HELL lol. You work sat or sundays? Prob gonna swing down in the next couple weeks to visit my brother and sister.

Sweet, hit me up! I'm off on weekends. If I'm free, I'll ride. Just text me.

vman1313
May 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
:thumbup:

NDspd
May 9th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Great find man...post pics!!

rmorse
May 9th, 2012, 05:41 AM
My bad guys....kept forgetting pics. Here you go!

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/Rfmorse3/2012-05-09_07-48-20_353.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/Rfmorse3/2012-05-09_07-48-46_164.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/Rfmorse3/2012-05-09_07-49-05_374.jpg

blackR
May 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Wow, that's a steal!
Need to find myself a white jacket too.

rmorse
May 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Wow, that's a steal!
Need to find myself a white jacket too.

Check pawn stores LOL

blackR
May 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM
as a matter of fact, I did but I have no such luck and my size are harder to come by I guess. :mad:

Boomstick1491
May 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Nice looking jacket dude. How did you have so much trouble finding a jacket? Are you built like Sasquatch or something?

rmorse
May 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Nice looking jacket dude. How did you have so much trouble finding a jacket? Are you built like Sasquatch or something?

Naw, I'm just long and lanky. I have really broad shoulders, and I'm right about 6 foot, but only weigh 145-150lbs. So everything I try on either doesn't fit on the shoulders but fits around my chest, or fits my shoulders and is ridiculously massive around my chest.

Sordino
May 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Naw, I'm just long and lanky. I have really broad shoulders, and I'm right about 6 foot, but only weigh 145-150lbs. So everything I try on either doesn't fit on the shoulders but fits around my chest, or fits my shoulders and is ridiculously massive around my chest.

I've got a Fly CoolPro Mesh jacket that fits my wonderfully and I'm about the same dimensions, might want to look into that.

Also I know exactly which thrift/pawn store combo you're talking about, haha. Richmond has a lot of great pawn shops, find all kinds of stuff.