View Full Version : Hi from TN! Now quit emasculating my bike.

KnoxNinja
December 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I joined this forum despite the fact that I find the term "Ninjette" to be an offensive slur against my '89 250. I bought the bike to learn on toward the end of the summer and it's been a fun ride. Aside from the first day anyway, when the throttle stuck and I panicked and ate pavement. Lesson learned: "Project bike" and "learner bike" should never be the same bike! But I love the little 250 and will proudly stand up for it when the guy at the parts store says "I didn't know they made Ninjas that small."

A couple days ago I did what seems to be standard operating procedure and bought a bigger bike - an '89 500R. It wasn't that I thought my 250 wasn't enough. It was that it was down for maintenance (see "project bike") and I could feel myself forgetting how to ride. I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. I like the 500R, but I quickly realized that it doesn't corner like the 250. I can't even imagine how fat liter bikes must feel in corners and at low speeds. The 250 has actually spoiled me a bit in the controlability aspect.

So anyway, hello two-fiddy owners. Ride with pride!

Throttle Rocket
December 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hello and welcome ! Some nice riding out your way. Do you ever get out by Gatlinburg ? Some of those roads going into the Smokey Mt. Nat. Park are outrageous. I think that's the only place I've ever come across a corner that seems to never end. It goes in a complete circle, because it gains elevation you go right back over the corners starting point. Crazy stuff ! All bikes are good. Enjoy your 250 and your 500. ;)

kkim
December 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome, Jimi! :)

Great to have you here. Interested in hearing about the 2 bikes back to back once the 250 is up and running again. Anything we can do to help, just ask. ;)

Alex
December 5th, 2008, 08:33 PM
:welcome: Jim! My wife isn't a big fan of the nickname either, but it's a catchy title and differentiates us a bit from all of the other ninja 250 sites out there... There are a whole bunch of other domain names that point to this same exact site if you'd like to use them as the first link instead. (more info here (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5703)) Unfortunately they just forward you back to this main site though. But your bookmarks might be more to your preference. :D

KnoxNinja
December 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hello and welcome ! Some nice riding out your way. Do you ever get out by Gatlinburg ? Some of those roads going into the Smokey Mt. Nat. Park are outrageous. I think that's the only place I've ever come across a corner that seems to never end. It goes in a complete circle, because it gains elevation you go right back over the corners starting point. Crazy stuff ! All bikes are good. Enjoy your 250 and your 500. ;)

Yes! That's my favorite turn in the universe. It is actually labeled "The Loop" on tourist maps you can get at the Gatlinburg welcome center. It's a full 360 degree turn that loops through a tunnel and then back over itself on US 441. I hit it every time I go to Newfound Gap. I've yet to ride it on a bike though. There's a lot of very infamous spots out here. We may be near last in education, but we have some sweet roads.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I can live with the name. I just won't put "Ninjette" decals on my bikes ;) I'll hopefully have the 250 back on the road soon after all this holiday mess clears up. I'll post up something when I have an update on it.

VeX
December 6th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette!

:fightmallets:

Welcome :thumbup:

KnoxNinja
December 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette ninjette!

:fightmallets:

Welcome :thumbup:

Jerky McJerkins!

Thanks.

Alex
December 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
You can continue to refer to it as your Ninjasaurus Rex; we won't stop you. :D

KnoxNinja
December 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM

That's kinda funny... I used to call one of my RX-7's "Rotorsaurus Rex" because it was purple and had less displacement than some bikes. Although it was faster than my 250.

I think the 250 is more like a velociraptor, and the 500 feels like a T-Rex. Especially with the Muzzi exhaust.

jdesiano1
December 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hey knox. Good to see ya over here! Cool that ya got a bigger bike. Welcome!

KnoxNinja
December 12th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hey knox. Good to see ya over here! Cool that ya got a bigger bike. Welcome!

Hey thanks. Now if only we could get some decent riding weather around here. I guess there's always next year, right?

jdesiano1
December 16th, 2008, 06:02 AM
yeah I am constantly like ok 55 is kinda warm right? Nope. It sucks. Then when it does get in the 60's its raining! Guess its just time to mod!

kkim
December 16th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Guess its just time to mod! :happy50: whatcha thinkin' of doin??!

jdesiano1
December 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
well My santa is supposed to bring me a Two Bros CF slip on and a seat cowl and rim tape. Not much but it's sumthin!

BlueTyke
December 17th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the boards!

BlueTyke
December 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Fixed!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/S2_Rp/NinjaRex.jpg