View Full Version : Pretty sure I stole this jacket :D

Mocha Man
May 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I was on craigslist Thursday night and saw a posting for a Joe Rocket jacket for only $40. Based on the cheap price and the lack of a picture, I thought it would be beat up but I texted the guy and asked him to send me a picture. I got the picture and, low and behold, it looked almost brand new. The only problem was that he lived over an hour away, but I figured I could spare a few bucks on gas to save over $150 on a jacket.

The next day, I met the guy at a tire sales place (he worked there) and his wife showed up after a couple minutes with the jacket. I tried it on and it fit like a glove...er...jacket :p. I paid him the $40 for it and started talking to him about riding. Turns out he had a Gixxer but sold it after a month. The jacket came with his bike but he sold it separately. He clearly didn't know much about the prices of jackets though because he told me that I texted him less than an hour after he posted it. Because I called him so quickly, he noticed that he listed it too cheaply, but there was nothing he could do about it then haha.

The coat fits well, matches my helmet and gloves, and also came with CE-certified shoulder, forearm, and back pads. Overall, I think it was a good buy :D

The only problem with it is that a few of the pull tabs are missing, but I'm going to just get some replacement ones at the store today. Also, one of the buttons had broken but it was a fairly easy fix with a washer, screwdriver, and sharpie.

Alex
June 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Good deal!