View Full Version : First Injury - Not Really a Crash

nickjpass
May 24th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I was riding my dirt bike the other day, with a friend. Everything is going great, when out of no where, I get bit by a dog. He got my on my lower leg, left a few bite marks. It broke the skin and left a nice u-shaped bruise :p

Motofool
May 24th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Sorry!

I believe that the dog needs to be checked for rabbi.

If the dog is gone, then you need to have some preventive shots.

Lift your leg up next time :)

nickjpass
May 24th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I didn't see it coming... I got scared, didn't know what happened. I looked down and saw a dog on my leg :rotflmao:

I found out it was my friends dog later.

itsa250bro
May 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
What awful luck - makes your sig more poingant. I'm glad that you were able to stay calm and not crash - which would have made a bad situation worse.

Strangely enough, they covered this kind of situation in my MSF class. They said you should slow until the dog gets close, then accelerate to throw the dogs timing off - they have a crazy ability to intercept.

Jono
May 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM
You didn't see a dog running at you?????

Man it sure is a good thing your parents wouldn't let you get a street bike. You'd be dead by now.

Be more aware of your surroundings when you ride!

nickjpass
May 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I wasn't aware, mostly because it came up behind me in my blind spot. I was going maybe 15 or 20. The dog held on my leg for two seconds, then it lost grip, and the teeth tore into my lol I was riding with a friend who witnessed it lol I put peroxide on it after about ten minutes. Had to ride back.

Mocha Man
May 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Darn Chihuahuas

alex.s
May 24th, 2012, 03:24 PM
that dog has some skill... being able to bite a leg like that without getting hit or run over by the back wheel... what kind of dog? pictures? should give him a treat.

nickjpass
May 24th, 2012, 07:43 PM
that dog has some skill... being able to bite a leg like that without getting hit or run over by the back wheel... what kind of dog? pictures? should give him a treat.
He was okay. He just rolled...missed my back wheel.

If I remember correctly, it's a Australian Shepherd - Border Collie or something mix. So they like to bite legs. I guess I was a sheep.

http://images.memegenerator.net/images/300x/610679.jpg

Firehorse
May 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Glad you didn't lose it, would have freaked me out too.
They covered that in my class too. Slow down and give it when doggie gets near you.

It's all experience and keep checking those mirrors, maybe the next hungry dog will be courteous enough to show himself for a second.:)

nickjpass
May 24th, 2012, 09:58 PM
What mirrors? Lmao.

Firehorse
May 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
What mirrors? Lmao.

Ooo, bad boy for admitting that! If yo have no mirrors then you have no blind spot...Have to keep shoulder checking.

PS that bike is the one I took my first course on, very fun sliding the bad tire!
You ARE wearing full gear?? Come on say yes...

nickjpass
May 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Nope. :mad:

TnNinjaGirl
May 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I wasn't aware, mostly because it came up behind me in my blind spot. I was going maybe 15 or 20. The dog held on my leg for two seconds, then it lost grip, and the teeth tore into my lol I was riding with a friend who witnessed it lol I put peroxide on it after about ten minutes. Had to ride back.

Wait till that is a soccer mom in an Escalade.... pay attention to what's going on, brah. Its a lifesaver.
Posted via Mobile Device

nickjpass
May 25th, 2012, 07:58 PM
If you were there, you would no there was nothing I could have done.

akima
May 27th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I've been bitten on the leg by a dog before. I've still got two teeth-mark scars there.

Jiggles
May 27th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I'm surprised it didn't swallow you whole

nickjpass
May 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Is that a skinny joke?

akima
May 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Is that a skinny joke?

Nope: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/055/3/0/bouncy_squirrel_by_railn_elias-d4quo91.gif

thurt88
May 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Sorry!

If the dog is gone, then you need to have some preventive shots.

Lift your leg up next time :)

I lol'd

I know its a typo but geez that was funny.

thurt88
May 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
and as a side note, if there are zombie rabbi's biting dogs, we have bigger problems than this.

akima
May 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM
and as a side note, if there are zombie rabbi's biting dogs, we have bigger problems than this.

That sounds like the setting of a Quintin Tarantino film.

Alex
May 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM

http://www.dorriolds.com/blogart/HalloweenRabbiDog.jpg

Jiggles
May 27th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I can never find kosher dog food

nickjpass
May 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Alex

You always have the funniest, simplest posts. Makes my day every time haha Here's part of my soul. *gives soul*