View Full Version : pre gen highway pegs

darrell85
May 27th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I have looked on all the 250 sites and done a lot of googleing and haven't had any luck finding anyone who has rigged up some type of highway pegs. I know there isn't much frame up front to mount to but surely someone has done this in the 20 year run of the pregen. If ayone has done this or has any ideas please help me!

EMSRacer07
May 28th, 2012, 10:00 AM
if you look up on the other ninja 250 site i remember there were some rare, probably not for sale, but u can get some pics and make your own. They were really cool looking bars too, and someone was selling some on the other site and they sold same day. Good luck

Stingray1000
May 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM
You mean sliders?

darrell85
May 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
No not sliders, although they would work, I just need something to extend my legs out on long rides. I have a bad knee and it starts hurting after a while from being back on the oem pegs

sombo
May 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Found this on the other 250 site. I too have thought about how it could be done cause if I had kept my pre-gen I would have tried to do the same thing.

http://forums.ninja250.org/posting.php?mode=topicreview&t=54403&tro=1

darrell85
May 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thanx guys!

CZroe
June 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Found this on the other 250 site. I too have thought about how it could be done cause if I had kept my pre-gen I would have tried to do the same thing.

http://forums.ninja250.org/posting.php?mode=topicreview&t=54403&tro=1

If I were going to weld bars on, I'd make crash bars and fit the pegs on the inside!

Avenged7Fold
June 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
For highway pegs (it's not safe in areas with other cars) you can just lean over the tank and kick your legs back on the passenger pegs. Makes for a great laying down position Be sure to take them down if you have even the slightest chance you might need to use your feet.

sombo
June 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
For highway pegs (it's not safe in areas with other cars) you can just lean over the tank and kick your legs back on the passenger pegs. Makes for a great laying down position Be sure to take them down if you have even the slightest chance you might need to use your feet.

That would be the most uncomfortable position for me I could possibly try on the pre-gen. The idea is to be more relaxed and comfortable, that would be the exact opposite for me.

Avenged7Fold
June 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
That would be the most uncomfortable position for me I could possibly try on the pre-gen. The idea is to be more relaxed and comfortable, that would be the exact opposite for me.

And why is that?

sombo
June 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Tank digging into my stomach, having to crane my neck up, putting most of my weight on my nuts....... should I continue?

Avenged7Fold
June 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Tank digging into my stomach, having to crane my neck up, putting most of my weight on my nuts....... should I continue?

Must be cause I'm a smaller guy. And by small I'm in no way relating to the "putting most of my weight on my nuts"! I'm talking skinny and light. :p

sombo
June 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Must be cause I'm a smaller guy. And by small I'm in no way relating to the "putting most of my weight on my nuts"! I'm talking skinny and light. :p

Well think about it. You're shifting your seating position so that your upper body is more forward, your legs are more to the back, which combined moves your point of contact with the seat from your butt forward to your nuts. I also have a short neck and had difficulty tucking in tight w/o hurting my neck trying to see enough in front of me to see safely. There is nothing in that position that remotely sounds comfortable to me. To me, comfort is kicking back, stretching out and relaxing. Leaning forward, craning my neck back to it's fullest in a pathetic attempt to see, shifting my poc forward on my genitals, and trying to put my feet up further behind me on the passenger pegs are all opposite of that goal.

I'm glad it works for you, but for me it would be the worst position I could possible try.

lamchops
June 6th, 2012, 06:03 AM
when i was super-new, i'd thought the ninjette was intimidatingly big. now that i've been riding a bit, and at 5'4"/30" inseam, i am by no means tall, i did start to notice that i feel just a little bit cramped w/ the placement of the footpegs (but perhaps my girly jeans being generally too form-fitting to make riding comfortable is contributing to that feeling :\). using the passenger pegs is a bit too extreme for me, but i would much rather extend my legs slightly further back instead of cruiser-style in the front. just my 2cents :\

315kid
June 6th, 2012, 06:15 AM
I think they sell different set ups for your pegs shifting lever/rear brake I have seen it in a thread on here somewhere

95XL
June 12th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I've been searching around for a good spot to mount front highway pegs on my gf's ninja as well, and i've come up with 2 ideas. Both of them involve some fabrication and are by no means a bolt-on application.

The first idea I came up with is to fab up a bracket to go across the lower two radiator mounting bolts (where the 2 arms from the frame come down and end and the bottom of the radiator), then fab up some arms made out of heavy wall tubing to come out and around the front of the fairing, then mount a set of ninjette passenger pegs to the ends on the arms, so they could fold up out of the way. However, my gf is fairly short and doesnt have very long legs, and the pegs way out front there is a bit of a stretch for her.

The second idea I came up with is to utilize an engine mounting bolt. If you look in the vent in the fairing behind the radiator, on the left side of the bike, there is a mounting bolt in there, you would have to find out what thread size the bolt is, and buy another bolt about 1/4" longer. Then fab up some tabs to stick in there, and weld them to a bar that would stretch across in front of the frame brackets that the bolt mounts to. Then mount a set of ninjette passenger pegs to the bar that stretches across. This idea looks like you might have to notch out the vent in the faring a little bit to clear the bar going through it. There isn't a lot of room on the right-side where the bolt threads into, between the frame backet and a bulge in the heads, so the bracket you fabbed up would have to be threaded to whatever size bolt that is, and the bolt would thread through the original nut, and into your fabbed up bracket and that would be it, not really as solid as i would like, but i believe it would be enough to hold.

Kinda hard to explain without pics, but hopefully if you go out and crawl around in front of your bikes, you'll be able to understand.