View Full Version : *Sigh* @#^&*$#$!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Mr.E
May 27th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Well, here I am world. Posting in the section I've never thought I would be.

Went out for a ride tonight and low sided. Tried avoiding a puddle, so I moved to the left lane, but then had to make a right turn, took it too sharp, but thats not what got me, it was that I took it on the puddle. Next thing I know, Im on the ground with my bike.

Mirror, bar ends, rear set, exhaust and pazzo lever scratched. Blinker case broken, but blinker still works. Not sure if she turns funny on her right side now or if its just in my head. other then that, she still runs beautifully.

As for me, my wrist hurts, but I think I'm fine. I can move it just hurts. I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning. The whole thing was my fault and bad judgment. No need to ask about msf or anything. Done it. :( Not my night. Just thought I'd post it here while it's fresh in my mind.

Trailerboy531
May 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
If your wrist hurts after a couple of days get a brace for it from a pharmacy or something. I hurt my wrist in a small crash and it took weeks to heal up. Glad you're okay man, ride safe.

Mocha Man
May 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear that happened. Hope your wrist heals up soon

sousuke86
May 28th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Hope you're ok. I just went down too the day before mothers day. Dented my exhaust, bent one of my rearset pegs, scratched levers and mirrors. My frame sliders prevented any serious scratches to the fairings. Tweaked my ankle and bruised a rib. Not a good month for white 250's =(

NDspd
May 28th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Ouch man, I always hate to hear it when that happens. Heal quick man and same to the bike.

Motofool
May 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hope your wrist heals well and soon.

What did you learn from this one?
Maybe don't lean or brake hard over puddles?

EthioKnight
May 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Good luck getting healed up and back on the saddle. I'm sure this lil' stumble didn't leave you whimpering in a dark closet, curled in a fetal position and mumbling " me no wanna ride no more :Cry:" :p

Mr.E
May 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM
So I woke up today. My wrist feels a lot better but now my ankle and arm hurt. Not sure if my arm hurts because of push ups I did yesterday or the fall. Lol. Ankle just feels like it's "cramping" when pushed to a point. Thinking about it, Im pretty sure the bike fell on my ankle, but I'm not too sure only because it all happened so fast.

As for lessons learned, I learned to take it slow when there's a puddle. I made that turn a million times, but never after it rained.

The ironic thing is, literally five seconds before the crash there was a cop right next to me. But instead of making a left, the cop did a U turn. So if I woulda fell next to him, someone coulda helped me a bit more lmao. But its all good. Nothing serious.

Jiggles
May 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hope you're ok. I just went down too the day before mothers day. Dented my exhaust, bent one of my rearset pegs, scratched levers and mirrors. My frame sliders prevented any serious scratches to the fairings. Tweaked my ankle and bruised a rib. Not a good month for white 250's =(

Boots

leed
May 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
So I woke up today. My wrist feels a lot better but now my ankle and arm hurt. Not sure if my arm hurts because of push ups I did yesterday or the fall. Lol. Ankle just feels like it's "cramping" when pushed to a point. Thinking about it, Im pretty sure the bike fell on my ankle, but I'm not too sure only because it all happened so fast.

As for lessons learned, I learned to take it slow when there's a puddle. I made that turn a million times, but never after it rained.

The ironic thing is, literally five seconds before the crash there was a cop right next to me. But instead of making a left, the cop did a U turn. So if I woulda fell next to him, someone coulda helped me a bit more lmao. But its all good. Nothing serious.

He probably would have just given you a ticket! Better off he wasn't there! Not that that is bad, but that is his job!

But.. It happens to the best of us :D Glad it happened safely :thumbup:

akima
May 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Mr.E: aww :hug: sorry to hear about your beloved ninjette :( Live and learn ey. Trailerboy531's advice about the wrist brace seems pretty sensible to me. Go easy on it. Shame they don't do ego braces at the pharmacy too: I'm pretty sure you could do with one of those too ;)

Stingray1000
May 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Or give you a ticket thinking you were trying to show off... LOL Glad to hear for the most part you're ok! Sorry to hear about the crash.

sousuke86
May 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Boots

I've got some alpine star boots, even though they cover the ankles, theyre the lowest models and dont have ankle braces =(

alex.s
May 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
you say lowsided... what gave? front or rear wheel? which way did the bars turn when you went down? how much gas did you give it? a lot of people crash and assume they were going to fast when what actually happened was that they overloaded their front tire... which usually happens from slowing down. just remember if there's ever a question in your mind about how much traction you have or you are about to enter a section where you think youll have less traction, more gas is better then less gas.

Jiggles
May 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I've got some alpine star boots, even though they cover the ankles, theyre the lowest models and dont have ankle braces =(

Rethinking your decision on those?

Buy a new pair

CZroe
June 5th, 2012, 05:33 AM
When I would turn into a parking lot in San Diego, I would often roll through a little water run-off that was flowing down the side of the street toward a storm drain (everyone has to water lawns to keep them alive in the desert). I learned to try and keep it as upright as possible despite otherwise easy handling and dry conditions because as soon as my rear tire would cross the stream mid-lean/turn, it would often slip out and scare the crap out of me. :eek:

gfloyd2002
June 6th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Sorry to hear, Ed. Pay particular attention to your wrist over the next few days. Scaphoid injuries (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00012) are pretty common following motorcycle accidents - they can linger if not diagnosed, and can sometimes not hurt quite enough to land the rider at the doctor's office right away. If the wrist continues to hurt, be sure to have it checked out.

My lowside also caused by wet conditions (mossy spot in corner) and I learned similarly hard lesson about being cautious about road conditions in a corner. After some tentative corning in wet conditions right after the lowside, I've learned that really my bike still has a ton of corning grip provided my technique is smooth and the bike is balanced between front and rear -- alex.s is dead on in advice below. I blamed tires (that sucked btw) and road conditions (that also sucked, nothing as slippery as wet moss) for my lowside. Both however, might have been overcome for me had I not been under braking entering the turn putting so much weight on the front tire. While my speed was very low (15mph) in the turn, when the back hit the slippery bit, it gave because there wasn't enough weight on the tire.

Miles_Prower
June 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
That is definitely a really scary thing though..very counterintuitive..scared to give more gas because you think you'll then crash at an even faster pace, but it actually helps?! So crazy, but makes sense about weighting the rear tire to get more grip. Oh physics...

uncle hilty
June 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Wow that sucks. Hope you are still young and heal fast. Keep an eye on the wrist arm thing. I fractured my elbow skateboarding years ago. Its very common when you fall you try to break your fall by putting your hand out. The pain manifests in the wrist, so youre soar or think you broke your wrist but its actually your elbow and the injury sends the pain message to the nerves in your wrist. Wierd huh, hope thats not the case w/ u.

ice ice baby!