View Full Version : Central Texas Ninjette riders

sprale
December 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM
How many Ninjette riders do we have in the central Texas region? Lots of nice places to ride around Austin and the Hill Country. Anyone up for a ride? :D

Local twisty roads
Lime Creek Road/Bullick Hollow/Volente Road, W Austin
2244/Bee Caves Road, W Austin
2222, W Austin
Spicewood Springs/Old Spicewood Springs Roads, W Austin
Hwy 1431 from Cedar Park to Marble Falls, NW Austin
Nameless Road, W Cedar Park

Other destinations of interest in the region
Driftwood
Wimberly
Canyon Lake
Fredericksburg
Dripping Springs
Marble Falls
Lake Buchanan
Spicewood
Bastrop State Park

This is just a collection of my personal favorites, though I'm sure there are many more points of interest. Any more suggestions?

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=austin+tx&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;z=10&amp;g=austin+tx&amp;ll=30.41315,-97.67807&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJpXPBb83QSRpa0hsXhYOcmmYE2hsQ"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=austin+tx&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;z=10&amp;g=austin+tx&amp;ll=30.41315,-97.67807&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Anthony_marr
December 11th, 2008, 02:01 AM
If you are not in too much of a hurry, I'll be in Austin next November. See my posting under Group Rides titled "REBELS WITH A CAUSE continental bike tour". The date for Austin is November 12, 2009. I hope you can come out and ride for a stretch.

Anthony

sprale
December 14th, 2008, 12:18 AM
If you are not in too much of a hurry, I'll be in Austin next November. See my posting under Group Rides titled "REBELS WITH A CAUSE continental bike tour". The date for Austin is November 12, 2009. I hope you can come out and ride for a stretch.

Anthony

Let me know (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10579)and I'll be ready!

Ducati916Senna
December 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I put about a thousand miles on in two days in the Hill Country. I just want to say it was some of the best riding and scenery I've ever done/seen. Even better than HI Kelly. Some pics from the ride.
http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00137/45/79/137509754_l.jpg
http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00137/81/35/137395318_l.jpg
http://b1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01320/14/03/1320603041_l.jpg

xTKx
January 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
^^ I like your sig and artwork Greg ^^

More on thread topic now. I'd love to go on some rides with ya Levon, but right now there's two issues with that: 1). I need a bike!! I'm hoping to hit up the Kawi dealer in a couple months-once I get my tax return-for an 09 250R. The misses and I are going tomorrow to the dealer to take a look around!! and 2). I need to get back on a bike for a little bit before I can start navigating those roads. I live in Jarrell right now but have grown up in Georgetown (located at the top of your Google map). Traffic here is busy but good so it was a pretty easy ride when I had my bike. Traffic in Austin sometimes scares the poo out of me in my truck! LOL!
Once I get these issues taken care of, I'll be sure to let you know and we'll have to meet up for some rides. I'm not very familiar with Austin, but I know exactly what roads you're talking about!

Broom
January 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
my parents and brother live outside of ft. hood.

i'm actually in dallas. they've got the 250 down there (for now at least), but its not street legal. they do have a ninja 650 and a versys that they ride on the weekends though. nice riding down there, but nothing compared to a trip through arkansas.
:drool:

GreezMunky
January 16th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I live in Abilene, but travel to Waco all the time on the weekends. I used to go to Killeen (Ft Hood) all the time to meet up with my husband. Austin isn't too far away..

sprale
January 16th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Keep an eye on the ride announcements (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28), maybe an Austin ride will show up. I try to get out and run Lime Creek road and Nameless road at least once a month. As much as I ride, I tend to miss a few. There are a number of local Ninjette riders, but they're still using the old forum...

Alex
January 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
There are a number of local Ninjette riders, but they're still using the old forum...

I think you're on the hook to edumacate them! :D :horn: :director:

sprale
January 16th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I try :)

xTKx
January 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM

i'm actually in dallas. they've got the 250 down there (for now at least), but its not street legal. they do have a ninja 650 and a versys that they ride on the weekends though. nice riding down there, but nothing compared to a trip through arkansas.

I never would have guessed that'd be a place! LOL!

Anyone in your family serve in the military? My brother's in the Army and is stationed now at Camp Mabry which is here in Austin.

xTKx
January 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Keep an eye on the ride announcements (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28), maybe an Austin ride will show up. I try to get out and run Lime Creek road and Nameless road at least once a month. As much as I ride, I tend to miss a few. There are a number of local Ninjette riders, but they're still using the old forum...

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

Bill05
January 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hey, new here. I live in Belton, about 50 miles north of Austin

sprale
January 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM

Let me know when they get tired of the 250 sitting around ;) I always wanted to turn a Ninjette into a mini-Versys. Not that I need any more projects... :D

xTKx
January 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hey, new here. I live in Belton, about 50 miles north of Austin

Hey Bill, check your thread in the new members section (you'll find some good info that we got a little off topic with).

Broom
January 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Let me know when they get tired of the 250 sitting around ;) I always wanted to turn a Ninjette into a mini-Versys. Not that I need any more projects... :D

its only sitting around because its still the off season. first track day and race weekend is feb 20th :D

xTKx
January 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
its only sitting around because its still the off season. first track day and race weekend is feb 20th :D

Hey Jon, where do you guys race at? Anywhere in Dallas? I think if I could, I'd like to take a trip up there and check out track day (time permitting of course :) ). It's not feasible for me to get into right now, but I've always been interested in sport bike track racing...

Broom
January 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
we race all over the place. our first is at oakhill raceway near tyler in east texas. throughout the year we'll also be in college station, denton, ft. worth and oklahoma.http://www.cmraracing.com/schedule.asp

xTKx
January 23rd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks man. I hope to come out some time and check it out.

Gbug
January 23rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hey I'm new here. (kKim brought me over from the dark side, KF) I was really happy to see this thread! I'm in Waco and got my 250 about a month ago and have been looking for good places to ride. Last weekend I took a trip to Glen Rose. The ride was decent but not really what I was hoping it would be. I will definetely be heading down to the Hill Country on the weekends to find some twisties. I have family that has land on Hamilton Pool Rd(off of Bee Caves), and the funny thing is, everytime I drove down that road as a little kid, I thought to myself "self, it would be sweet to be on this road with a motorcycle." Lo and behold, now I have a bike! Anyways, I'd be up for a ride in Cen. Texas anytime.

GreezMunky
January 24th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hey GBug wecome, I go down to Waco all the time. Maybe sometime we can meet up and ride. You should go post a new thread and introduce yourself.

xTKx
January 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hey I'm new here. (kKim brought me over from the dark side, KF) I was really happy to see this thread! I'm in Waco and got my 250 about a month ago and have been looking for good places to ride. Last weekend I took a trip to Glen Rose. The ride was decent but not really what I was hoping it would be. I will definetely be heading down to the Hill Country on the weekends to find some twisties. I have family that has land on Hamilton Pool Rd(off of Bee Caves), and the funny thing is, everytime I drove down that road as a little kid, I thought to myself "self, it would be sweet to be on this road with a motorcycle." Lo and behold, now I have a bike! Anyways, I'd be up for a ride in Cen. Texas anytime.

There's a good amount of us converts (me included) LOL! But welcome to the board Grant, good to have another local (I'm just about an hour or so away from Waco). That would be a sweet ride down Hamilton Pool (especially in the summer time when you could stop off for a swim)!! The only thing I'd be hesitant about is the ride all the way down 620. There's usually a good amount of traffic and idiots down 620!

I don't have a bike yet, but once I do I'll have to hit you up so we could try a ride down there.

GreezMunky
January 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
You should go post a new thread and introduce yourself.

Translated - Post pictures up of your bike!

Gbug
January 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Eh, its just your standard red ninjette with a seat cowl. But I'll have to take some pictures the next time I ride somewhere interesting!

austexjg
October 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Just got 250r - anyone still in the area?

sprale
October 22nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'm still here :thumbup:

I bought my Ninjette as a daily commuter, racked up 27k miles so far. I have two jobs, soon to be one again, and a second child on the way next month. I enjoy getting out and riding with a few of the local guys, they usually hang out on the 'other' ninja250 site. ;)

I'm not a squid, but I do enjoy spirited rides along Bee Caves Rd, Lime Creek Rd, 1431, etc. I live up in Cedar Park/Leander, so I know Northern roads better than South. I'm still wanting to do another ride up toward Lake Buchanan again.

austexjg
October 22nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Wow - 27k, that's impressive - any problems so far?
I'm in far South Austin - your right about the roads up north.
I've got a '09 that I try not to get squiddish on, but then again it's not like a 600, so the squiddishness is tame and on city streets instead of the highway, but I keep things in check - being 35 helps.

sprale
October 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Wow - 27k, that's impressive - any problems so far?
I'm in far South Austin - your right about the roads up north.
I've got a '09 that I try not to get squiddish on, but then again it's not like a 600, so the squiddishness is tame and on city streets instead of the highway, but I keep things in check - being 35 helps.

I just checked, I'm over 29k miles. Yeah, the 08+ is a bit slower, but looks the part now. I had to replace the cam chain tensioner during the break-in, but just regular maintenance since then. I did have the carb boots work there way off recently, just barely made it home to re-fit them.

After the turn of the year I'll have more time to ride for fun again, not just to get to work. We'll have to meet sometime and I'll show you some of the roads up here.

austexjg
October 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Sounds good - I'll check the forum regularly

Apex
October 26th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I'm in Houston. I think I'll upgrade my seat so I can handle a ride to Austin and some twisties too. :)

austexjg
October 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Rode Lime Creek Road on Sunday - nice twists

Apex
October 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
This is the best road out here in west Houston...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=2537