View Full Version : 2nd bike, 2nd low speed drop... -__-

massacremasses
June 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
going out of the drive way and a car was coming so I slowed down as to not go out into the road much and I stopped right where my front tire was on the road and back tire still in the drivway.

My drive way is tiny and really steep all at once. So when my foot went to touch the ground there was nothing there... so AGAIN I fell, dropping my bike. A dude was like "OMG ARE YOU ALRIGHT"

I was fine, nothing damaged except by price. I looked like such a n00b. -__-

I also bent the handlebars. Oh well I was gonna replace the little 7/8" bar with a ProTaper anyways...

Its not bent that bad but good enough Im deff going to order a new bar and clamps as soon as I figure out what I need. Im new to this dirt bike/SM stuff :/

codestp202
June 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
LOL NOOB :p
Happens to everyone!!

massacremasses
June 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
yeah my bike has one bar. not two like the ninja and other sport bikes. I basically have a dirt bike..

but yeah why its annoying is because its basically the same thing that happened when I fell on the ninja.. Like "Oh **** were is the ground" and then when my foot finally lands the bike is already about half way to the ground... damn being short.

edit* so if anyone can get me a pro taper bar and clamps cheap LMK! ;)

Jiggles
June 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Shin implants

massacremasses
June 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
word.

sounds like a plan.

akima
June 9th, 2012, 09:00 AM
You've been down on your luck with motorcycles recently Justin :(

NJ Ninjette
June 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/438/251/sp_0901_12_v6_display_image.jpg?1286825866

Does your bike have a height adjustment? That may be something useful even though you give up ground clearance.

My buddy was into motard racing for awhile and he got a lowering link and dropped the forks on his. And another friend was going to turn his DRZ into a flat tracker so there are ways to lower them.

Still may do the motard thing with one of my dirt bikes someday, enjoying my Ninja to much right now.

Joule
June 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/438/251/sp_0901_12_v6_display_image.jpg?1286825866

Does your bike have a height adjustment? That may be something useful even though you give up ground clearance.

Off topic : those background white colored things look like flowers on your helmet. ( girl's helmet duh ~ )

massacremasses
June 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
You've been down on your luck with motorcycles recently Justin :(

ha yeah, but its a freaking dirt bike so im not trippin. Im gonna be ordering so pro taper fatty bars pretty soon anyways so its a good excuse to pick them up faster. lol