View Full Version : Tire recommendations for NYC rider?

nliu314
June 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hey everyone! I tried searching for a similar thread but could not find anything. I have the stock tires on my 2010 Ninja 250r and I want to replace them asap. I think it'll give me a boost confidence wise and safety wise.

The roads of NYC are bumpy and that goes for the outer boroughs (I live in Queens). Any recommended brands and sizes (Maybe stock, maybe go bigger?)? And also any shop I can go to change the tires. I'm not exactly mechanically sound to change tires judging from the DIY (Although I did shim the needles =D)? I feel like a professional should be changing my tires. Thanks in advance and safe riding!

emoyer
June 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
i to am a beginner to motorcycling & also not very mechanical. however, my tires were about shot & to save money i changed them myself. i had a some help from my son on the back one but did the front myself. it was not as bad as i thought it would be and i think if you try it you will be glad you did. plus this is the kind of thing you have to have over & over so it will save you more and more. anyway, about tires -- i went with the pirelli sport demons and i only have about 100 miles on them so far but handling-wise it is a whole different bike. (i have a pre-gen, so maybe the stock new-gen tires are better, i dunno.) the bike is a lot more fun now & i feel more confident on it. anyway, whatever you decide i hope it works out great for you.

Alex
June 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Some good background info in our wiki:

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/New_gen_tire_options