View Full Version : Customized Gear

akima
June 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I just recently had my jacket modified so it can zip to my trousers, so in the event I crash it shouldn't ride up and leave me with road rash on my otherwise pristine hips!

Any of you had your gear modified?

Edit: by "gear", I mean protective clothing.

Jiggles
June 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
does a gopro sticky mount count?

akima
June 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
does a gopro sticky mount count?

On your helmet? Yes!

Jiggles
June 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Oh balls I screwed up the poll then! I also made a front pocket on my mesh jacket that holds a hand held video camera to record. And on that jacket I also wired a bluetooth piece that uses headphones to the sleeve so you can change the volume and song just by reaching over to your right arm and the earbuds were embedded from the sleeve to the top of the jacket so I'd never lose them.

But now I have a leather jacket, gopro sticky mounts and built in helmet bluetooth. :D

csmith12
June 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I put a piece of red/orange/yellow tape on my leathers and helmet to make it easier to find myself in the 1000's of pics the track photo guy takes.

I also tell the photo guy at the start of the day to look for the tape on the helmet so he takes extra pics of me. Get your $$ worth because those track day pics be expensive.

Countersteer
June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
My wife replaced the zippers going down the side of my legs on my textile pants. Pretty boring, huh?

mustang5.0
June 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
not modded but i wear a icon chest/back protector with an A/star textile jacket.. together its nice and snug.. your gear should fit well.. poor fitting gear isnt much protection

alex.s
June 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM
i repair my own gear..... but its so good you can't even tell! so i should vote no :P :P :P (just kidding, my sewing sucks and you can totally tell its been repaired)

Alex
June 16th, 2012, 04:14 PM
/moved to gear area

gfloyd2002
June 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Funny, my initial response was no. But thinking about it . . . Rev'It Turbine pants required an extra inch of length, so they have an extra inch of cordura sewn around the bottom (tailor did a fantastic job - looks totally factory done.) Aerostich Roadcrafter is the long version with an ellipical back insert added, done by Aerostich. I'm long and lean. :o Helmet has camera mount and aftermarket visor. In past, I've also hand cut a SAS-TEC backpad with a box knife to allow it to fit into a jacket.

massacremasses
June 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM
oh I screwed up too then....

cause I have a go pro sticky mount on my helmet as well... haha

ally99
June 19th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I also tell the photo guy at the start of the day to look for the tape on the helmet so he takes extra pics of me. Get your $$ worth because those track day pics be expensive.

Very cool idea! Have a picture showing how it looks?

Edit: Luckily my blue bike, white helmet, and mirrored face shield help me find my pics, but I really like your idea of telling the photographer to look for you!

Havok
June 19th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I had a 360 zip added to my dainese jacket that didnt have one to zip to my dainese leather pants.

csmith12
June 19th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Very cool idea! Have a picture showing how it looks?

Edit: Luckily my blue bike, white helmet, and mirrored face shield help me find my pics, but I really like your idea of telling the photographer to look for you!

Yea, I will get you a pic later. Busy prepping chones track bike right now.

Goom
June 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I put a piece of red/orange/yellow tape on my leathers and helmet to make it easier to find myself in the 1000's of pics the track photo guy takes.

When I raced MX, one of my buddies always wore white gear with a solid color helmet. I gave him a hard time for having lame gear until I realized he was easy to find. After that, I got a pink helmet and white gear. No problem finding me then :thumbup:

Miles_Prower
July 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
When I raced MX, one of my buddies always wore white gear with a solid color helmet. I gave him a hard time for having lame gear until I realized he was easy to find. After that, I got a pink helmet and white gear. No problem finding me then :thumbup:

four for you glen coco! you go glen coco!!