View Full Version : FML! Stupid mistake

Harrison89
June 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just a bad, hectic start to a eventful weekend! I own a rink in Cookeville TN and we are hosting the largest skating event with over 400 skaters from out of state and all the pro's in the industry.

As I was leaving for work this morning my cage wouldn't start which was just a bad start to my day. I was moving my bike ( in dress shoes like a idiot) to get another car to jump mine in the garage. Well as I am moving it my not so grippy shoes decided to slip on some dust or something and I lost my footing...pow bike drops on the left side. Good thing is I had already wrecked so another little scratch or 2 on the fairing is bleh but bad thing is it bent my shift lever pretty good.

Felt like ranting...just pissed and not looking forward to putting a smile on for 400+ people all weekend now :(. I know it's a fixable and not a huge repair but DAMN!!! :mad:

Miles_Prower
June 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
sorry to hear that..but sheeeeet happens. it sucks ya, but you are in good health, life probably isn't too bad. just dust yourself, keep going, and don't look back :thumbup:

edxmon
June 21st, 2012, 12:44 PM
Use the closed side of a wrench and bend it right back.

Stingray1000
June 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
You'll be alright bro. Don't worry about it! And you're lucky I'm not coming to your little skating party I'd have to whoop all of them boys :P

Harrison89
June 21st, 2012, 01:03 PM
You'll be alright bro. Don't worry about it! And you're lucky I'm not coming to your little skating party I'd have to whoop all of them boys :P

LOL!!!! Ya It was just a sh*&y way to start the weekend :( Hopefully its an easy fix for now until it goes into the shop next week for maintenance haha And Idk these guys are pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNbuhnB5A0

akima
June 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
LOL!!!! Ya It was just a sh*&y way to start the weekend :( Hopefully its an easy fix for now until it goes into the shop next week for maintenance haha And Idk these guys are pretty good!

Interesting! I'd never heard-of or seen jamskating before that video.

Harrison89
June 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Interesting! I'd never heard-of or seen jamskating before that video.

Ha basically Breakdancing on skates...pretty cool stuff.

Harrison89
June 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
So after getting it bent back I can only shift into first and neutral. Any ideas?

BFisher244
June 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM
are you trying to shift while riding it, or with the bike stationary?

Harrison89
June 21st, 2012, 08:53 PM
are you trying to shift while riding it, or with the bike stationary?

I turned the bike on but kept it stationary.

BFisher244
June 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Take it for a spin. That's normal behavior. The ninjette has a positive neutral finder. You can only do 1st and neutral when the bike isn't moving.

Harrison89
June 22nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Take it for a spin. That's normal behavior. The ninjette has a positive neutral finder. You can only do 1st and neutral when the bike isn't moving.

Thank you! I didn't get time or even think of this untill some down time later in the night. I got home about an hour ago fired her up and everything's working fine. Good end to a bad day ha!

Mocha Man
June 22nd, 2012, 07:16 AM

:jaw: If I was a contortionist then I might just be able to pull that off :p