View Full Version : scorpion 500 face shield

Old Lemon
June 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
This feels like a really dumb question but if I were to get one of these colored shields will I be seeing everything in that color? Or does the inside like counter act the color on the outside so it just looks tinted?

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/view_product_images/5746

93etgocart
June 25th, 2012, 05:06 AM
i really want to know the answer to this also. Ive got the scorpion exo-500 ardent and its an awesome helmet but i would love to have the green one to match my bike, and helmet, and gloves lol. Ive been lookin for a green mesh jacket but cant find a good one in my price range.

rjones91
June 25th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I will be ordering the blue shield today for my EXO 400 and I was wondering this also. I have the Dark Smoke shield for my EXO 700 but it looks much darker from the outside to others than from my view on the inside.

Old Lemon
June 25th, 2012, 08:26 AM
That sounds like a good sign, please get back to us when you get the blue one

Ptdoughnut
June 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
from my other sports involving coloured lenses, you do notice the colour change when you put them on but you get used to them quickly. They also filter different styles of lighting, Blue filters out white light quite well which helps a bit during the daytime. Never worn a green lens i would assume it would work nicely in the daytime. Yellow or orange work exceptionally well at night.

mirrored lenses act smoked on the inside but you still get some traces of the outside colour.

THE BIG SITT
June 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I will be ordering the blue shield today for my EXO 400 and I was wondering this also. I have the Dark Smoke shield for my EXO 700 but it looks much darker from the outside to others than from my view on the inside.

Yeah please let us know, because I'm considering getting a colored shield as well.

iceknyght
June 26th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I have the mirrored one and as mentioned above, it's just smoked inside... Love it!

And also like above, I would *assume* that the colored ones would act like colored lenses in sunglasses. Yellow (or blue) tinted sunglasses give a yellowish (or blueish) tint when looking through them... Some people prefer those tints over just plain smoke... I am interested to see if these colored visors act the same way... Again, I would *assume* so...

Old Lemon
June 26th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Well after your responses and some others on different sites, I've decided to get the green mirrored version. Ill post back up when I get it

Old Lemon
July 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM
so i got my shield and i think it looks pretty good.

as for the tint on the inside. its not green at all and if anything it looks a little ruby but its a definite buy if anyone was wondering.

93etgocart
July 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM

as for the tint on the inside. its not green at all and if anything it looks a little ruby but its a definite buy if anyone was wondering.

Thanks to what has to be the best future mother in law my helmet now looks identical to yours only mine has a lot more bugs on it

iceknyght
July 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM

That looks great! :thumbup:

A7xschecter6661
July 6th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Apparently you guys have never worn the original 3D glasses :D