View Full Version : Taught the hubby to ride tonight...

noche_caliente
December 15th, 2008, 04:37 PM
And now he's hooked! He'd been itching to try her out, and since it was in the 50's today, I took him over to the industrial park and cut him loose! We worked with the friction point for a while, and since he drives a stick, he got the hang of it pretty quickly, so I cut him loose. He never shifted out of first, and basically only went straight and then turned around, but he's getting it!
The grin on his face was great!
Now I have to find time in the spring to let him use her to do some private lessons from our friend who teaches the MSF.... maybe the grin will have worn off by then...

HKr1
December 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thats pretty cool!

He's gonna be taking the baby out all the time if you get him hooked :)

daddysmut
December 15th, 2008, 06:00 PM
that's awesome!!! :thumbup:

NJD022588
December 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
And right after he learns, you are going to convince him to buy one of his own. Yes? ok :thumbup:

Oh, and on those nice days over winter you guys will have 2 to practice with. ;)

kkim
December 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Buying another bike? :D

BlueTyke
December 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
:: sniff sniff :: I smell a new purchase! That is awesome!

noche_caliente
December 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
who needs to buy a second when we'll have another one in the garage over the winter ;) I'm sure Nick wouldn't mind if his was used for practice... he's getting a new fairing anyway :p

kkim
December 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
.. he's getting a new fairing anyway :p :eek:

NJD022588
December 16th, 2008, 07:51 PM
who needs to buy a second when we'll have another one in the garage over the winter ;) I'm sure Nick wouldn't mind if his was used for practice... he's getting a new fairing anyway :p

Yeah, just make sure the bike falls onto the right side. Oh, and dont worry about the exhaust... they're giving me a new ones of those anyway.

:eek:

Does it make any sense to quote this? :)
I'm guessing that was an inquiry as to why I'm getting a new fairing. While my bike was being shipped to the dealer, the paint was chipped on the right fairing (about the size of a tic tac) and there's a small (nearly invisible) scuff on the exhaust. The dealer is getting me both parts new, but my bike wont be back in Manassas to get them on until summer... :rolleyes:

kkim
December 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm guessing that was an inquiry as to why I'm getting a new fairing. While my bike was being shipped to the dealer, the paint was chipped on the right fairing (about the size of a tic tac) and there's a small (nearly invisible) scuff on the exhaust. The dealer is getting me both parts new, but my bike wont be back in Manassas to get them on until summer... :rolleyes:

Whew! Sorry, I was thinking the worst. :(

Glad to hear it's being taken care of from the dealer. :)